Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pds

I wrote about that many years ago when I first wrote ny story, its on here, after we had stayed with the Dyaks in Borneo,..............

A Voyage to the Spice Islands

A wonderful experience of a bygone age in a world that no longer exists. It can never happen again.
    The rain forests have all but gone now, they have been cut down and burned to grow palm oil trees for bio fuels. This has killed off most of the wildlife including the `wild man of Borneo`, the Orang Utang, and the Dayaks displaced and their way of life destroyed. This can never ever be replaced, it has gone forever. All in the pursuit of profits and these mad people who think growing bio fuels will save the world when they are the very people who are destroying it

Since the 1970s, the Dayak have been baffled by the existence of mining projects, logging by forest concessionaires, plantations and industrial timber estates. Socio-economic expert Mubyarto said the presence of the giant projects in Kalimantan and Sabah changed the Dayaks source of wealth.
    The rattan monopoly has impoverished the Dayak in East and Central Kalimantan. The gold mining in Ampalit (Central Kalimantan), coal mining in East Kalimantan and gold mining in Monterado (West Kalimantan) have caused the locals to suffer. The same thing has happened to the Dayak Bentian, Dayak Pawan-Keriau and Empurang. They struggle against the plantations, which are partly financed with foreign loans. They are forced to give their land to the investors. After the land transfer, all the plants, all the sacred places and cemeteries were demolished and replaced by palm oil trees. They are forced to pay the investors for the privilege of living on their own land in installments.
    The project ruins the environment, as well as the social, cultural and political patterns. They have marginalized the sovereignty and dignity of the Dayak over the Land and natural resources.

This was over 40 years ago and still no one stops it, and no one ever will, The world is on a downward slope to self destruct, there is no future.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John, Think of children around the world today who at a very young age witness there parents and siblings being murdered before there very eyes and not only murdered also raped and abused then murdered they if they survive must be scared mentally for life yet very few take there welfare or future into consideration. There are still horror stories all over todays world we see them on our T.V. Screen every night. Its all become to matter of fact for my liking, But if there are no benefits for the western world or trade between any two countries where humans are treated like fodder, I am afraid western and other countries including the U.K. turn a blind eye. That's the world we live in today unfortunately. Regards Terry.
    As a survivor of sexual, physical and mental abuse from the age of 5yrs I fully sympathise for those people mentioned. Even though I didn't live in Syria the effect of abuse remains the same. Took me decades to learn to live with this. It was at the hands of family and their friends. I went to a counsellor once and the upshot was she told me I was one of the sanest people she had met who had survived the relentless abuse that I had, so that was quite a turning point. That and the fact it is no longer a "tabu" topic and us survivors are not being blamed so much anymore. Sorry guys just reading that stuff reminded me.. I still remain as zany as ever cheers

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It could well be now that the world with almost 8 billion is overpopulated.
    The growth in population is at an alarming rate, in 1980 the figure was 4 billion.
    But with countries such as China abandoning the one child policy the expotential growth rate will continue to increase
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3