Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: You kept what ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: You kept what ??

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Morton View Post
    Ah yes John , those were the days when we ordered a new suit , made to measure , about 25 quid from Cohen's in Aldgate , or in my case Sollie Krett on Tooting Broadway . I recently attended a fund raiser at the Melbourne Mission to Seamen and I was the only bloke present with a suit and tie and proudly wearing my Red Ensign lapel badge .
    I enjoy the relaxed styles of leisure and sports wear however there are occasions when I personally think it's a long reach to wear trakkie daks to all occasions .
    And another thing while I am at it , why don't men take their hats off indoors anymore ?
    Hi Neil, I have a son in law who comes into my house and does not remove his hat.
    Last time I took it off his head and chucked it outside.
    Told him if he didn't remove his hat next time I would do the same. Only next time his head would still be in the cap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Hi Neil, I have a son in law who comes into my house and does not remove his hat.
    Last time I took it off his head and chucked it outside.
    Told him if he didn't remove his hat next time I would do the same. Only next time his head would still be in the cap.
    Yes den, one of my pet hates when I see all those tossers on t.v. in restruants or in cars, with their hats, usually those baseball type things, on, often worn backwards. Just how ignorant are they and do they realise how stupid they look and sound.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Like everyone I have the lot, stuff from George Roby, to my marlin spike, knife, palm and needle etc etc, I have all my carpenters tools, at least those my kids haven't borrowed, now and again I worry that my saws are going rusty and my wooden block plane's wedge is missing, but when then I think will I ever need them, look around the house and think NAW, and I go back to reading my book.
    Cheers Des
    My palm has been in my wife’s sewing box for years, she has used it periodically. Good value given that it’s 55 years old.
    Duke Drennan R809731

4. Likes Roger Dyer liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4