Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

Former monarchs were asked to be grand masters to give the order some semblance of honesty and above board and to enable for the order to. Be looked on with respect. The same as certain businesses look for royal patronage.The Duke of Edinburgh’s awards are just one of many. The media has a lot to answer for, so easy to take people in. Why do you think masons ignore them. No doubt there are newspaper people who are masons , more than likely they see no advantage to have big exposes when there is nothing there to expose. All one hears is from the dreamers with imagination and hopes of selling papers. The Grand Order of the British Empire , the Duke of Edinburgh is the Grand Master of that, does that make him a villain ?. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: T make him a villain.

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No John it does not make him or any other members villains. As I said there is a widespread belief and perception of the activities of Masons . It would help their cause to be more open , to explain to the general public and engage more. People will always think if something is hidden it is suspicious.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is only one answer. To that Louis and that is. Rubbish. The whole thing that attracts people to freemasonry is that initial idea of secrets, it attracted me. As like most am a nosey Parker. Some left when they found there was nothing there no big worldwide secrets and left, without getting any deeper into it. Best that they did as would not be the people who carried on with its principles as they had none of their own. People join freemasonry for various reasons and self indulgence is not one of them. It takes a whole lodge of men to accept one in to their midst ,and if they think you are. Not suitable will say. so. They can make mistakes but you would finish up leaving of your own accord and not much wiser. Don’t ever think Freemasons are a pushover or you will find they have similar rules to your local golf club. Cheers JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Out local Masons Lodge have an open day once a year so people can go in , including women, to look around and ask questions.
    I found it very interesting.
    Brian

7. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why should people stigmatise Masonic Lodges such as this?

https://www.grandlodgescotland.com/

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jealousy,greed, no self respect , I and am on to to my second whiskey so have run out of superlatives, The Scottish Lodges are held in high regard all over the world, so why indeed !!. JS

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Duke of Kent ; Grand Master of the United Lodge of England.

Prince Michael of Kent (his brother) ; Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons and Provincial Grand Master of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Middlesex.

There are five former Monarchs who have been members of a Masonic Lodge.

I am surprised you admire the Masons , Cappy. It was a Mason who invented the automatic spud peeling machine.
    ###well said louis but it still needed a donkey to press the button to make it work on them lincs potatoes that you left your beloved liverpool for to pick.....ie... in lincs the proud potato grows .....picked by louis row on row ......ooh the pain upon his back as he chucked them in that sack ...and louis went back to his ships when the bossman said youve had your chips.....eye eye to aye aye ....thats the tale of LOUIS THE FLY.....yer old mate cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    No John it does not make him or any other members villains. As I said there is a widespread belief and perception of the activities of Masons . It would help their cause to be more open , to explain to the general public and engage more. People will always think if something is hidden it is suspicious.
    ###just wondering if you have ever been in a masonic lodge as you appear to know a lot about ... who is in it if its so bloody secret ....methinks you just need a bit of stimulation or indeed have you been asked if you are interested.....and are just testing the water.....or tell the truth ....go on ...you are a mason......well done louis ...ps are there any masonic lodges in russia ...and do you have to wear your fur hat inside out... cappy

Keith at Tregenna Guest

" Whatever may be his trade, occupation or profession, if a man does not in all his social and business transactions deal honestly and squarely with his neighbour, he is not a Freemason, and all the forms, ceremonies and rituals in the world cannot make him one. (New South Wales Freemason."

K.

14. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Out local Masons Lodge have an open day once a year so people can go in , including women, to look around and ask questions.
    I found it very interesting.
    Brian
    You can visit a reconstructed lodge at Beamish Open Air museum, there is usually a member of staff to answer questions, and the one I spoke with was a mason and did answer correctly.
    These days you do not have to wait to be invited to join , you can ask to join and providing you can give the required answers at interview then you may proceed. There is nothing much different to joining other organisations, I even had to go thro interview and a vote to join my working mens club when I was 18, despite all the committee knowing exactly who I was and my background as I lived in a small mining village where everyone knew everyone.

16. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes Fouro, N/A, Captain Kong, j.sabourn liked this post
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast