Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

Oak Island Nova Scotia . Three young men named McInnis , Smith and Vaughan row to the island to explore. The date given is 1795 but this is disputed. They find an old wooden block (pulley) hanging from a tree. Underneath there are signs the earth has been disturbed so begin to dig. Over time they find nine log platforms which corresponds to the nine vaults of Enoch.
    High Royal Arch Degree. This became known as the money pit , there are seven man made water channels linking it to the sea.
    At a later date a former black slave who was given his freedom for fighting for the British arrives on the island and stakes a small claim for cabbage farming. As the years pass he stakes more and more claims and becomes one the richest men in Nova Scotia , his wealth is unexplained.
    There have been treasure hunters ever since trying without success to find the money pit. Recently the lead cross which is an exact copy of the Templars cross found in rock carvings in Templar tunnels has been discovered.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

louis I have been watching the history of the templars on tv very interesting history Friday 13th 1313 was a black Friday for them that's where black Friday comes from? jp

3. Likes robpage, Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob I don’t know about he English Lodges but here in Oz m some of have open days when the general public are invited into the lodge itself, and the various officers positions and jobs explained to them and freemasonry in general. Certain objects what one would say the secrets which aren’t secrets are covered up. What has been said on here contravenes no obligations that a Freemason makes at various times, this is for the older experienced masons who may think otherwise , it is all there for the public to see in any case. I joined freemasonry on going to such an. Open day in 1997. Feet barely touched the ground after that. May I say I have enjoyed the few years I have been a member of the fraternity and in my case think I have got more out of it than I put in. To the scoffers of such let them scoff, it is their loss they will never know about that is the sad part, but there again freemasonry is not for everyone. Being an engineer that wheelchair of yours must have no secrets , bet you know every nut and screw and is well oiled , hope it’s driver stays sober. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2019 at 12:23 AM.

5. Thanks Tony Taylor thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20... I think your country Shaun has more heads per capita who are Freemasons than any country in the world today. Your foundling father George Washington was one as many other well known figures were, your capital Washington is built to Masonic measurements and standards and your currency expounds Freemasons signs to anyone who knows them. Was never into bondage , three in a bed may be ok as long as the other two were of the opposite sex. The old ships handcuffs one used to carry though, I usd to practice with and found I could slip them, mind I was much thinner in those days, maybe it was in the back of my mind it may of come in useful at some time. If it wasn’t for a certain group of Masonic donators, half of your childrens hospitals would be really struggling for survival .. The Shriners if you know of them donate literally millions at frequent intervals. Cheers JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2019 at 04:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Community Health Center where I volunteer is a recipient of the good will of the Masons.
    A new ten seater bus was required and speaking with the son of one of the clients we pick up in one of the other buses I mentioned the need for another one.
    Through the Masons we now have that new bus.
    We also receive aid from The Lions and a number of other smaller such groups.

As to the Catholic church!
    My wife was born in Ireland and she often tells me of the problems she had as a young girl.
    In those days when you saw the priest coming down the street you crossed to the other side.
    She was schooled by the Holy Nuns and learned very little of real life from them.

On one trip back with her we went to Sunday mass, the front doors of the church were, when the church was full, closed off and men puit there to stop any one laevinbg before the priest had read out a Papal Bull.

Bull is the right term I now realize as the Bull was about why contraception should under no circumstances be used by good Catholics.

Then we have a Royal Commission here into the acts of the Catholic church and their involvement in the 'care' of children.
    Not a very nice outcome.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the main reasons why there is widespread distrust and animosity towards Masons is the belief they hold too much power and influence. They are at the head of world business corporations , the banks and financial institutions , the judiciary , police and military , the British royal family and politicians. The rulers of the world are Masons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you were a mason Louis you would know that was poppycock. Chances are some may be masons , but for total different reasons. The ones I know are bricklayers , carpenters, refuse collectors , shopkeepers. You name it. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I attended an open day at our Masonic Lodge, I was offered a chance to be a Mason, no one asked me if I was a Business man, a Politician, a member of the Royal Family, a Judge, or Policeman. A lot of Myths about it.,

I could have joined quite easily, unfortunately my chaotic life has too many things going on to give it my all.
    A lot of my friends are Masons. just ordinary working lads.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    One of the main reasons why there is widespread distrust and animosity towards Masons is the belief they hold too much power and influence. They are at the head of world business corporations , the banks and financial institutions , the judiciary , police and military , the British royal family and politicians. The rulers of the world are Masons.
    ###FAKE NEWS LOUIS there are many folk not in your list of the above ....which appears to be a list of lefty propoganda ......i have been asked if i would be interested by4 persons in my life .....as much as i admire the masons as such ...my option not to be involved is as is my choice not to be in any group which may be in the structure of todays unions.....ie like an onion ..too many skins to get through .....and nothing when the onion is peeled......but leaving a lot of eyes watering ....but then i see no wrong in the grouping of folk if they think it can deliver good ...the only prob in the unions is the idiots who end up trying to run the country.....the masons is undoubtably a force for good.......my final on this is each person who asked me if i was interested were humanitarions and givers in general .......i believe there was a royal order of buffaloes for other folk interested in being in groups.... rather a mason for me than a union parrot .......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Duke of Kent ; Grand Master of the United Lodge of England.

Prince Michael of Kent (his brother) ; Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons and Provincial Grand Master of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Middlesex.

There are five former Monarchs who have been members of a Masonic Lodge.

I am surprised you admire the Masons , Cappy. It was a Mason who invented the automatic spud peeling machine.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast