Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

Just what answers would you be looking for Terry are they of concern to you ?????
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now now, you know what they say about politics and religion lads - this is an interesting Thread lets not spoil it. Thanks.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, We are all aware of the cover ups by the Catholic Church. The Magdalene sisters. If you get the chance watch this movie.

In Ireland, 1964, so-called "fallen" women are considered sinners who needed to be redeemed. Four young women - Margaret (raped by her cousin), Bernadette (too beautiful and coquettish), Rose (an unmarried mother) and Crispina (an intellectually disabled unmarried mother) - are forced by their families or caretakers into the Magdalene Asylum. The film details the disastrous lives of the four girls whilst they are inmates, portraying their harsh daily regimen and their squalid living conditions put on at the laundries.
    Each woman suffers unspeakable cruelty and violence from the Mother Superior, Sister Bridget, despite her gentle-faced appearance and outwardly soft-spoken demeanour. She is characterised as sadistic and almost inhuman at times, as conveyed through her merciless beating of Rose in full view of Bernadette, or when she mockingly laughs at Una as she hopelessly clutches at her fallen hair locks.
    The film also criticises the hypocrisy and corruption within the staff of the laundries. Sister Bridget relishes the money the business receives and it is suggested that little of it is distributed appropriately. Those who liken themselves to Mary Magdalene, who deprived herself of all pleasures of the flesh including food and drink, eat hearty breakfasts of buttered toast and bacon while the working women subsist on oatmeal. In one particularly humiliating scene, the women are forced to stand naked in a line after taking a communal shower. The nuns then hold a "contest" on who has the most pubic hair, biggest bottom, biggest breasts and smallest breasts. The corruption of the resident priest, Father Fitzroy, is made very clear through his sexual abuse of Crispina. However, as the years pass, automatic washing machines start to appear, a modern household appliance whose growing ubiquity would eventually fatally undermine the economic viability of commercial laundries and make the Magdalene Asylums unsustainable.
    Three of the girls are shown, to some extent, to triumph over their situation and their captors. Margaret, although she is allowed to leave by the intervention of her younger brother, does not leave the asylum without leaving her mark. When she deliberately asks Sister Bridget to step aside for her to freely pass and is sharply shot down, Margaret falls to her knees in prayer. The Mother Superior is so surprised, she only moves past her after the Bishop tells her to come along. Bernadette and Rose finally decide to escape together, trashing Sister Bridget's study in search for the key to the asylum door and engaging her in a suspenseful confrontation. The two girls escape her clutches and are helped to return to the real world by a sympathetic relative, their story optimistically ending when Rose boards a coach bound for the ferry to Liverpool and Bernadette becomes an apprentice hairdresser. Crispina's end, however, is not a happy one; she spends the rest of her days in a mental institution (where she was sent to silence her from revealing the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of Father Fitzroy) and dies of anorexia at age 24. Hear in Seaforth, We have just had a local priest removed from the his position, And given another position in far away shores. The story broke in the Crosby Herald and like many faded away. I have 9 grandkids all Roman Catholics attending Roman Catholic schools and churches. I could go on all day doing searches nd digging up more distasteful episodes regarding Catholic priests in positions of trust with young boys and girls plus men and woman. But I will rest my case there Jim. Chris I am posting facts not hear say or Chinese whispers and I have no intention of trashing this thread. Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 6th January 2019 at 11:39 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry we know all about that I was interested in knowing what these deep dark secrets were.I would be as interested in knowing just like you.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    PS as a matter of interest did you ever hear the story when you were at sea that Dennis Wheatley was the only person ever allowed access to the Vatican archives.Remember him wrote on the occult The Devil Rides Out,To The Devil A Daughter etc,very authentic and scary.
    Last edited by Jim Brady; 6th January 2019 at 12:20 PM.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

7. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #21 I started to put my two pennyworth in which disappeared when #22 appeared so thought it had not made the perils of the journey, so will try and remember what it was. Oh yes... The history of the church is well chronicled as well as the Knights Templar. Taking the Church first , in its origins it was as powerful and in some cases more powerful than the various monarchy’s of the times. Their senior and junior church officers were human and suffered the same as other mortals to greed and avarice. The Knights Templar were originally bands of warrior monks who assisted various travellers on safe passage to the Holy Lands. The same or similar as other religions made for Jeddah. Various members of the Aristocrasy mainly French and German saw advantage in future land ownings I would surmise and took themselves and their private armiies to the holy land to protect from the apparent danger of being acquisitions for other religions. I would imagine the underlying main theme of the enterprise was the accumulation of wealth and power although this also will unever be proven. Anyhow it happened. There are good and bad stories on all sides of the Knights Templar , but their hoped for aspirations the original one that is are that are held up as a moralistic argument, that is he original warrior monks who I beleive had more puristic thoughts on the subject than the later ones. The church itself has a lot to answer for during this period of time the same as others, but as said they were human beings and not saints as liked to be made out to be. JWS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th January 2019 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not particularly interested in Free Masonry , their rites and rituals. When secrets are hidden myths , false information and conspiracy theories surface , each putting their own spin on events and beliefs for good or bad.
    The reason I am interested in the Templars is how they gained great knowledge far more advanced than the average person of the time. They had navigation skills , building and fortification skills. Their tunnels and underground chambers show knowledge of stresses and strains of the earth above them and architectural features never seen before.
    Wherever in the world the Templars settled they amassed great wealth , they established the first form of banking. Travellers and pilgrims were often robbed on their journey. To prevent this they could deposit their wealth with the Templars before setting out and be given a parchment form of receipt. When they arrived at their destination they presented this to the Templars there who refunded their wealth to them. If , for one reason or another , the travellers never reached their destination the Templars kept the wealth.
    When reading of the Templars and their exploits I have not found mention of wives or children , perhaps John in Perth or Rob can explain this.
    As I said before a very interesting time in our history.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JS re Re #21 I started to put my two pennyworth in which disappeared when #22 appeared so thought it had not made the perils of the journey,

I have not deleted nor moved any posts on this Thread. I would have said so if I had.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The main theme of the Knights Templar are in the rituals Louis and these get played out with the story. As regards navigational and other periods of different eras will find in all rituals of different orders going back to Egyptian and Babylon Times. There are degrees in masonry which put a bit of knowledge into what they knew in years gone by. But to understand such you would have to go through those degrees. That’s what they call progress through masonry.. any Freemason only finds this out when he reaches that stage. Whether you believe or not is up to you. Most stories have a moral to them. This is what upsets most non Freemasons and they like to call secrets. They are not secrets as such , but a learning curve that one undertakes and there are no short cuts. The only short cut is go on google and read any interpretation that mainly the media in the past have put there.
    They are the main instetgators of the secrecy that they make out ,to make a better story line. Masonry as said is basically a charitable organization. And has a basic for its morals on the old stonemasons and the building of all the old cathedrals and other monuments. It is them that the theoretical masons try to copy . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th January 2019 at 02:24 PM.

13. Thanks Tony Taylor thanked for this post
    Likes Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know little about the Mason life - at least one paramedic colleague was a member.

I did convince a naive crew member that bondage was a religious group that I and my girlfriend at the time were devote worshippers

SDG

15. Likes j.sabourn, Richard Harding liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I am not particularly interested in Free Masonry , their rites and rituals. When secrets are hidden myths , false information and conspiracy theories surface , each putting their own spin on events and beliefs for good or bad.
    The reason I am interested in the Templars is how they gained great knowledge far more advanced than the average person of the time. They had navigation skills , building and fortification ski them. If , for one reason or another , the travellers never reached their destination the Templars kept the wealth.
    When reading of the Templars and their exploits I have not found mention of wives or children , perhaps John in Perth or Rob can explain this.
    As I said before a very interesting time in our history.
    they were a celibate order
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

17. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Louis the fly liked this post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast