Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

I find the trouble is people believe that masonry is a society that is in Secret wear in truth it's not there are a few masonic secrets but it is not a secret society an awful lot of the bad publicity that masonry received was certainly not deserved
    . . Good masonry rarely defended itself and the charitable work is rarely shouted about .

My old friends greatest objection was that it was a corrupt organisation that it was a religion which it is far from and I know of people of many faiths some not even the traditional three abrahamic faiths who are Masons the overwhelming Factor is a belief in a supreme being regardless who who he or she is .

I was also told the Masons always looked after each other now I can honestly say that isn't necessarily the case there are a few famous cases where people have made a masonic appeal to the judge and have certainly had no return of favour .

And I would truthfully say that my belief is there is no more looking after your friends in masonry than there is at the local Working Men's Club or the local football club the difference being is that in virtually every Circumstance I can think of you are expecting that Mason to be a man who has a generous heart and is truthful .
    Last edited by robpage; 5th January 2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Tony Taylor thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think there was a very long and comprehensive thread a few years ago that covered the subject of Freemasonry in depth. Are we going to rehash the same posts over again ??? The thread was called 'Masonic Lodges at Sea' put that in the search engine and read away.
    Last edited by john walker; 5th January 2019 at 04:40 PM.

4. Thanks N/A, j.sabourn, Richard Harding thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The answer to your post is No.Close the thread if you wish to.We often repeat ourselves , something to do with the aging process.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no need to close the post maybe it should be added to a resurrected Masonic Lodges at sea thread or vice versa???

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John - I see no reason to close the Thread nor merge it with the Thread " Masonic Lodges at Sea ". The thread Masonic Lodges at Sea was started on 24th March 2009 some ten years ago and apart from the odd entries has not been featured at all recently. This Thread is new and will attract, I am sure, fresh comments and information, eg TV programs etc on the subject.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 5th January 2019 at 08:15 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13... masonry is similar to those who talk about ships on this site, no one will ever have a full knowledge of all the different aspects, and their workings. The same apples to Masonry, no one will ever have a full knowledge of either. Think what Louis has brought up exceeds religion and masonry and shows the bigotry of the world today and also the guile of the media in producing false stories and innuendos. The more people learn whatever the subject is m the more they are able to make their own decisions. But those facts have to be true. One of the first obligations a freemason makes is to obey the rules of the country they reside in .That today would for starters would make a lot of undesirables choose to live elsewhere. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th January 2019 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

$14. That previous post about Lodges at sea was not comprehensively covered. Probably because Freemasons on site did not like talking about it as were of the older school. To me left a lot of unanswered questions the first one being I think it was twaddle and no ship has ever been issued with a Grand Lodge of England charter. As the rules appertaining to are closely adhered to. Yes of course you can hold a Lodge meeting, you can do that anywhere. As regards playing your cards close to your chest , again myself and many others are not afraid to advertise it within the boundary’s we must abide by, the likes of an imitation number plate displayed in the back window of my car, and many others showing 2B1 ASK1 and the Freemasons logo, and underneath Tradition.. Integrity . Charity . It is not something to be ashamed of, in fact just the opposite. As regards the limited info. given out previously about the Eastern star and women’s masonry, the last time I looked they were not recognised by Grand Lodge. In fact there are a long list of Lodges working under false colours mostly in France who are not genuine Freemasons Lodges. That massacre in Sweden a few years back and amplified it was by a member of the Knights of somewhere or other was not a genuine Freemason as the press inferred at the time. They never seems to go to the trouble of un-inferring something one notices, unless threatened with court action. Finally as to the origin of this post the Knights Templar are often referred to as the military wing of freemasonry among members themselves, as all signs and signals are given in military communications of that period in time mostly with the sword. Cheers JS. PS. Louis, Cappy won’t say whether he’s received that best selling novel from you yet. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th January 2019 at 03:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And finally for those who want to further advance their knowledge of freemasonry past the visual acts always depicted by the media of a rolled up trouser leg. This depicts a new entry into freemasonry. And one gets the impression that there are those enthralled by this simple act of representing other things. After going through other ceremonies and becoming a master mason , he will have the opportunity of entering other orders where he doesn’t have to roll up his trouser leg. The minimum entry into these other orders are a master masons certificate and sometimes more for others. The ones recognised by Grand Lodge in Western Australia are......
    Holy Royal Arch.
    Order of the secret monitor.
    The great Priory of Western Australia.
    Grand Imperial Conclave for Western Australia.
    The Supreme Council 33 degrees
    Grand Council of the Order of the Allied Masonic Degrees
    District Grand Lodge of Western Australia ..under the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
    District Grand Royal Arch Chapter of W.A. “. “. “. “. “
    Royal Order of Scotland.
    The Grand College of Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests or Holy Order of Wisdom
    The Worshipful Society of Free Masons
    Rectified Scottish Rite
    The commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon.
    Societal Rosicruciana In Anglia.
    So you can see Louis there is probably a lot to get through as regards masonry. But there again no doubt the press will have it all well covered. Some hopes. They just make it up as they go along. I am in 3 of those orders and really struggling, is a job for younger men with minds that can adapt.
    I have been to 4 masons funerals in the past month or so and if a practicing mason is always masons there , they always stand around the coffin and one recites the Ecclesiastics . When I have seen a minister doing this he always reads it from the Book. Most Freemasons recite it from memory. Here’s happy reading. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I find the trouble is people believe that masonry is a society that is in Secret wear in truth it's not there are a few masonic secrets but it is not a secret society an awful lot of the bad publicity that masonry received was certainly not deserved
    . . Good masonry rarely defended itself and the charitable work is rarely shouted about . ...................................

And I would truthfully say that my belief is there is no more looking after your friends in masonry than there is at the local Working Men's Club or the local football club the difference being is that in virtually every Circumstance I can think of you are expecting that Mason to be a man who has a generous heart and is truthful .
    Well said Rob, maybe you should have included golf clubs ha ha!
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 6th January 2019 at 10:44 AM.

14. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked for a guy who was in the masonic lodge year's ago a nicer guy you could not meet. But I never questioned his reasoning that was his business just as he never questioned my activities that was my business. I had a great relationship with him I was his maintenance man he owned 90 flats and bedsits. I held the keys to all his property's. What we had in common was trust I could go weeks without seeing him he worked on the Channel tunnel my wages where in my account every week I never had to chase him, And if I needed materials I went to the builders yard and signed for it which he never questioned. I am not knocking the Masonic lodge but I do think the Catholic Church have many, many, answers' that we will never get. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast