Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

I wouldn’t of jknown that Fouro. I would just have assumed he had been caught short. Maybe I have
    Not reached that pielce in history yet. Will bring it up with someone more advanced. Thanks. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th January 2019 at 12:13 AM.

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

4. Likes j.sabourn, Fouro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about the one young ladies were taught on getting married, “ just lie back and think of England.”. ?
    The best one about legs I heard was on a medical course in Liverpool on the Childbirth section, where the sister tutor said , “ I can teach you what you have to do, but my father is a shipmaster, and if he is anything to go by, my unofficial advice would be , to tie her legs together and make for the nearest port.”. JS

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    The outer court of King Arthur.
    Des

Could be near true?

Legends of King Arthur & the Knights Templar:

No presentation of the authentic Knights Templar of the Order of the Temple of Solomon would be complete, without an exploration of the medieval Arthurian legends of King Arthur, his Knights of the Round Table, and their Quests for the Holy Grail.

Indeed, much popular awareness and a significant part of the public image of the Templars in the middle ages was shaped and promoted by the Arthurian tales. The literary portrayals of “knights in shining armor” fighting to champion noble causes, and always pursuing deeply spiritual Quests, seeking profound esoteric wisdom by pursuing or protecting the Holy Grail, were all an artistic expression of the genuine traditional values and religious beliefs of the Templars.

Added as it may be of some interest.

K.

Arthurian « The Knights Templar – Order of the Temple of Solomon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Toc H may make a good topic on it's own. Adding some initial info, you may wish to develop this further ?

K.

Toc H is an international Christian movement. The name is an abbreviation for Talbot House, 'Toc' signifying the letter T in the signals spelling alphabet used by the British Army in World War I. A soldiers' rest and recreation centre named Talbot House was founded in December 1915 at Poperinghe, Belgium.
    Hi Keith. I visited Talbot House in 2005 as part of a tour of the W.W.1 Battle Fields. The small chapel gave out a peaceful aura. Photo attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Thanks N/A, happy daze john in oz, Fouro thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now which Temple of Solomon are you referring to Keith.? There were two. The first one burnt and pulled down by the Babylonians and the Israelites taken into bondage. They were released later by a more benevolent king and rebuilt the second temple. So what today is sometimes called the wailing wall by some, was built by the Israelites. And is their monument to their God. Regardless of the continuing strife in that area of the world. JS

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When you get into the discussion of theology you have to first realize that Christianity only is a relevant newcomer to religious movements. And is only 2019 years old, a split second in time compared with the history of the. World. The first Christian churches were Roman Catholic which ruled like monarchs and had their own finances. The high Church of England only came into being because Henry V111 had a nagging wife he wanted rid of. Not worth arguing about the same as politics.Is open to all the frailities of the human brain and what people want to believe which is not always the truth. I won’t repeat what that letter said which was put under my windscreen wiper but was obviously being distributed to all and sundry , but appears to have originated by the group of born again Christians. If that is a measure of Christian thinking I would be joining you JP , so move over the bed. But there are people today who think along those lines, the common word I would bestow on them are fruit cakes,
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th January 2019 at 11:29 PM.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz, Fouro liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

It was believed that the Temple Mount stood atop the ruins of the Temple of Solomon, and over time this association earned Knights Templar additional esteem. Because of this association, the Order also came to be called the Order of the Solomon’ Temple.

The Knights Templar were among the most notable knightly orders which were created in medieval Christendom, primarily as a part of Christian struggle for control over the Holy Lands. The Order was created in 1119 and maintained its earliest headquarter at the Temple Mount.

The Templars to took the Temple Mount as their headquarters. The Order came to be called the “Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon”. The Order was initially very poor but in 1129 it received approval from the Church. This made the Knights Templar a veritable Order which the nobility eagerly joined and donated to, making it the most powerful and rich Order of the time.

The Knights Templar received official recognition from the Papacy in 1129, making it a very esteemed and powerful knightly order. It rose in fame as a vital body of troops during Crusades, valiantly fighting ****** armies.

14. Likes Fouro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John ,there are so many religions around the world from all ages dating back to cave age man.
    Many new ones as well such as many in the USA which have only come about over the past 300 or so years.
    But so many of them in one form or another worship the same god in another guise.

Christianity as we now know it also has a variety, Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Coptic, Greek Orthodox, Presbyterian, even the Spiritualist all worship in one way the same god.

What is now known as the Wailing wall was in the beginning the Western wall of the city.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#119 Maybe just as well to stick with the Eagle comic and the old Mekong. Dan Dare couldn’t stand the pace and finished up with Dick Barton by a babbling brook in a shady nook sung by Donald Peers. JS

18. Likes Fouro, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast