Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: In praise of the Tally man

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: In praise of the Tally man

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Cappy nothing wrong with borrowing money if it is spent on the right things.This country is still borrowing WHAT are they doing with it,lets forget about high employment lets talk about high knife crime,high attacks on prison officers the NHS talking about a bad winter hospitals are already suffering a shortage of beds and winter hasn't arrived yet.So let them borrow more money and lets have more bobbies on the beat,more prison officers more money for the NHS. you cant' run a country on fresh air.if they don't want to borrow let them get after the big tax dodgers.I'l tell you one thing the people who used Provident wisely had the best houses on the estate,yes lived in comfort.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    perhaps you should go into politics jim ......you ask all the questions about whats wrong .....and you answer appears to be borrow more than you earn ...then use the food banks when you cant pay it back .....then blame the banks bussiness owners and any one who is creating wealth for the food banks ...that to me is tantamount to a circle where you end up in the dark having dissapeard up your own rectum ...but sadly taken everybody else up there with you ....as the song goes ...come and join us come and join us theres room for thousands more .....ah well finish for me on this jim ...but do you honestly think borrowing to eat and paying interest on top of that is a reasonable train of thought...its just more debt which means more borrowing......sad

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy are you never happy you go bananas over the unemployed and now going nuts over people who borrow money,why should you let such things get you down you don't have a care in the world.

Look at this man,now here is a good story.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...stmas-13726198
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy are you never happy you go bananas over the unemployed and now going nuts over people who borrow money,why should you let such things get you down you don't have a care in the world.

Look at this man,now here is a good story.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...stmas-13726198
    whoops careful jim your getting almost apopleptic its no good at your age calm down it is not beneficial....i have no intention in opening your story from the daily mirror lets just look after our own ....im off to canny shields later today or ist thing in the morning for a couple of days....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only Tally men I ever heard off were Italian prisoners of war held in Castle Rankine POW camp during WW2. The Tally Camp as it was called was situated less than a mile from where we lived.

Fouro.

7. Likes cappy, j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy open the story we may have a Christmas miracle you may change your ways it could become another Christmas Carol,No more Bah Humbug.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#34... Fouro how about Harry Belafonte singing Tally me Bananas. Whenever bananas are mentioned these days all roads lead to Brussels. Rome comes at the end of the queue. JS.

10. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy open the story we may have a Christmas miracle you may change your ways it could become another Christmas Carol,No more Bah Humbug.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    jim no i wont open it on purpose .....i think it may be bob cratchit asking for more money for his little son ....and scrooge sending him to the food banks.....while the tally man brays on the door and poor mrs cratcchit.has to run up the jiggy dressed in fur coat and no nickers after taking another loan from the provy man who is demanding a bit more than is his due....lol cappy

12. Likes Tony Taylor, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

my old dad returning from Singapore in 1946 took a job on opencast mining , driving a tipper for £6 a week , rent on the old cottage was 10/- a week , an old friend offered him a pair of semi detached houses for £400 , 17/6 a week for 20 years , live in one , rent the other , he would not take a loan , died 55 years later in the rented house , at a much bigger rent , the pair are worth £180,000 today , he made sure I bought
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

14. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    whoops careful jim your getting almost apopleptic its no good at your age calm down it is not beneficial....i have no intention in opening your story from the daily mirror lets just look after our own ....im off to canny shields later today or ist thing in the morning for a couple of days....cappy
    Amber warning posted for tomorrow mind, freezing rain, ice and snow and high winds

16. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Amber warning posted for tomorrow mind, freezing rain, ice and snow and high winds
    ###thanks tony will check the weather later ....always look forward to coming up to shields but if its that cold cant promise to swim out to the end of the pier....may have to swim in between the piers ........honest.......................

18. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast