Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ukraine

Ivan.
    If you read my post again I said that on TV Boris was joshing with the troops as they were leaving, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply he would do that on their return.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 14th February 2022 at 02:28 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Russia few years back and it was very obvious Putin in so very popular.

As to war, no, some how I think sleepy Joe is more likely to be the one to start not Putin.
    Then of course there is the danger that any conflict could bring Rocket man into it, just waiting for the chance I fear.

But what is to be gained if war does eventuate, nothing.

Putin could leave those troops on the border for years to come, he is now in bed with China and those two along with India pose more of a threat to the USA dominance as a world leader and that is more of a problem for sleepy Joe than any conflict with Russia.

Worlds powers are changing, those down for years are now rearing their heads, the west has far more to loses than Russia or China should conflict take place.

So we wait until Monday 21st for the next instalment of this fascinating global conundrum.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's unfortunate but these days one can't predict what some stupid Politician will do.
    It's only a few years since our mate Lou Barron passed away. He was in the Jap prison camp Changi, just 80 years ago, that's in most of our living memories, as was the beheading of young Aussie and British prisoners by the same Japs, the Burma railway, then there was the shooting of Australian nurses, they lost their lives to stop the Japs landing on Australian soil.
    Now within a living memory of what happened then; our PM has signed a war pact with Japan against China, who was our ally during that war, in which he wants Jap troops to train with Aussie troops on our soil, so what are all our memorials for, and parades if not to honour those men, that stopped those Japs coming here.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    It's unfortunate but these days one can't predict what some stupid Politician will do.
    It's only a few years since our mate Lou Barron passed away. He was in the Jap prison camp Changi, just 80 years ago, that's in most of our living memories, as was the beheading of young Aussie and British prisoners by the same Japs, the Burma railway, then there was the shooting of Australian nurses, they lost their lives to stop the Japs landing on Australian soil.
    Now within a living memory of what happened then; our PM has signed a war pact with Japan against China, who was our ally during that war, in which he wants Jap troops to train with Aussie troops on our soil, so what are all our memorials for, and parades if not to honour those men, that stopped those Japs coming here.
    Des
    guesss its to stop the chinese doing what the japs did des .....human beings will never learn......as the song ses ....when will they ever learn when will they learn ......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post

Putin could leave those troops on the border for years to come, he is now in bed with China and those two along with India pose more of a threat to the USA dominance as a world leader
    I don't think India will pose a threat to the USA as it has signed the military 'Quad Agreement' USA/Australia/India/Japan to prevent Chinese expansion in the South China Sea and the Pacific China is now using this Quad Agreement as an excuse to proceed with its expansion to protect itself from the Quad aggression, so we have echoes of Ukraine in your locality. So should the Ukraine kick off and the USA gets involved, then it will be an ideal opportunity for China to proceed southwards, better book those Chinese lessons

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

putin knows it would only need one incident to kick the whole thing off with the EU closing russia in and no access to the black sea ports it would be easy to blockade his fleet there but all we can do is wait to see what happens next? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I have mentioned my late wife and I traveled for thirteen years, backpacking through the Uk, and continental Europe. The first time we went to Poland (which we loved) we went into Russia. Russia, apart from Morrocco, was the poorest country we visited, Turkey was rich in comparison.

The Russians were crossing into Poland and Turkey to buy consumer goods to resell in Russia. There were Russians stacking their cars, trunk, back seats, and front passenger seat to the roof. One I saw, was looking at his car then at the consumer goods for sale in Istanbul market, he finally bought a single pack of cigarettes and squeezed it in sideways. Not an inch of space left.

The difference between Poland and Russia was like the difference between the USA and Mexico, and there were still Russian troops in the satellite countries at that time.

We went back to Poland three years later and it was on par with the rest of Europe's standard of living, the same as the west. My guess is the same would happen to the Ukraine if it joined Nato, and that is what Putin is afraid of, it will show how sad and hopeless the economy of Russia is. All they did was exchange communists for oligarchs (mafia) at the top.

When we were there, we had to have a guide because we couldn't understand the Cyrillic Street Signs. she told us how much she was paid in rubles, and we turned it into dollars, she made seventeen US dollars a month and the driver fourteen. When they left us, we gave them a each a month's salary as a tip, they damn near fainted. The driver stopped at his home and came out with a gift for us. a huge Russian flag (hammer and sickle) and said they won't be using that again ever. I think I still have it somewhere. I doubt anything has really changed for the drivers and guides. You can't eat bombs, rocket to the moon, dogs or people in space. Nothing will change for the rank and file, there isn't a difference between premier or tzar and until there is it will be same old same old for the Russian people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, think you may find Russia is a different place now.
    There in 2017 and the people looked very happy having BBQ along the river banks.
    Still an odd country in many ways, when business done for the day all the office ligts out, not like in the west where they may be on all night.

But as said Russia is now a major oil exporter with many of the pipe lines running through Ukraine, pull the plug on that and see the price of oil rocket.
    China now saying they are looking at the Taiwan situation again thinking it is time to take it back.

But at the end of the day i think there will be more posturing by world leaders over this than any thing.

Alliances all across the globe are changing, here in Oz along with many other nations we have come to understand this and are acting accordingly.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’m breaking my word here as said I had finished commenting on this , so my final remark for those who have not already seen the PM of the Ukraine imploring the bulk of his government to return to the country and remain with their constituents . Maybe just maybe he was clowning and couldn’t resist the urge to go back to his former employment a comedian on tv and radio. Already he is willing to concede not joining NATO. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#39 Must add sighted on google that the Zombie has plans of installing 4000 troops on the border area. Is he or maybe the media not aware of the problem in the first place and are only pushing Russia into taking action to prevent what was the initial reason they mustered their forces in the first place.The game now is called ‘ loss of Face’ Russia has already started to withdraw some of its forces , maybe the Zomby wants to make a name for himself. Russia has said from the beginning she does not want foreign armed forces on her border , she is not on the verge of accepting that , now is the time of some of these politicians and media crony’s just to keep their gobs shut. Keep foreign troops away that shouldn’t be there in any case. When the Ukraine’s President gets his full government back from seeking asylum in alien countries let them run their own country. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th February 2022 at 02:26 AM.
    R575129

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast