Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps visit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trumps visit.

JSW #287

I too visited Yugoslavia John. I have mentioned before that my wife and I spent thirteen years traveling, Six months in Australia, a month home, four months, backpacking around Europe, a month home and back to Oz.

In 1989 we spent a little better than a month trecking down the coast and inland visiting Croatia, Bosnia, Hertzegovina,and Montenegro. You are correct it is a lovely country.

Not too many spoke English (shopkeepers and waiters excluded), however I speak reasonable German and that was the common foreign language spoken as many Yugos had gone to Germany to find work.

Through my knowledge of German I could have conversations with the husbands of the bread and breakfast places we stayed in as just like me they liked to practice German. It didn't take long to understand the hatred one country had for the other. Though all part of one forced together country, one country had been for German occupation in WWII, One country pro Russian and against, one far right Christian and another with a heavy ****** population, each country or group vehemently opposed to the other. I quite frankly didn't give it much credence at the time, after all look at the squabbles in the UK between counties, city vs city, and all taking shots against London. Even on this site in this day and age there are religious cracks against the Pope and Catholics. We have pot shots taken between North and South, Blacks, Jews, and any minority by the majority. Parisians think those from Marseilles are thick. Most Germans think Saxons are dumb (We leave for Saxony tomorrow) and none like Berliners and so it goes on world-wide. So I just thought it was more of the same and was sadden at the depth of the war.

Nobody ever mentioned Tito to me and quite frankly I never asked. All I know for a fact is they utterly disliked the union of countries.

2. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm highly suspicious I was the fact that Trump liked Fox News , I think that is part of news international the Murdoch company had to be perfectly honest including the Times there aren't any of their titles that are actually like
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Keith #281

Sarah Palin, the joke of a vice-presidential candidate to Senator John McCain's failed bid to become president was credited with saying "I can see Russia from house, she being the former Governor of Alaska. Actually she never did say, a comedian, Tina Fey, impersonating her said it and Palin is stuck with it now.

Got that now. LOL K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noSw5iZ8fLA

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Trump calls Cohen's taping of phone call 'inconceivable,' possibly illegal ?

37580692_2056774741302614_7182689081451610112_n.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/trump...cid=spartanntp

7. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder what the odds are on impeachment happening
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

because he is trying to do what the voters wanted I think the people should look at what he has done for them so far?? he put into practise his business life into politics and its working but as in business you have to step on a few toes and he has he runs a tight ship as he runs a tight business he prioritizes his country knows other lands have been taking the p.ss out of America? he needs the press on his side like all leaders . looking at his life must be like England manager always a knife waiting for you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually there is only one thing President Trump has done that has shown results favorable albeit a short term benefit only and that is the lowering of the personal tax rates. As of February most people saw an increase in their pay check. Since then their has been 25% steel and 10% aluminum tariffs introduced and any product from razor blades to autos face immediate increase. Trump, though a self proclaimed genius, does not understand the rule "For every action there is a reaction."

An immediate action of his was to remove a number of medical aides, like crutches from coverage under Medicare, the medical coverage for seniors. I suffer from chronic back pain. A belt worn around my waist has battery operated electrodes that emit an electric current and though not a curative offers temporary relief. It, along with other medical aides, have been removed from being replaced when wore out, and the pads that have been sent monthly to keep it operating are also no longer covered. $750.00 for a new unit and $35 a month for pad replacements. That more than wipes out any tax relief.

Back to the Steel Tariffs: This morning on the radio they reported that a company in Arkansas in a small town of 15,000, employs 500 workers and manufactures nails. Almost immediately orders were canceled and finished nails, cheaper, were reordered from China. 100 employees were laid-off, more are scheduled to follow unless import tariffs are cancelled, the town is devastated.

On a lighter note: My wife and I back packed throughout Europe for years, my pack and day pay weighed say 35lbs, my wife (she's a little-bit. 5ft nothing and 90lbs) pack weighed say 30lps and we were off for four months at a time.

We are off to Charleston in an hour, overnighting there, and out to the airport bright and early for our three week and a bit vacation in Germany and Poland. I weighed our suit cases, not with carry-on, just the suit cases to make sure we weren't overweight, 93 lbs combined (we are allowed 100lbs). Our carry on are 17lbs that's 110lbs vs 65lbs....bet most of it's bloody prescription medicine and the wife make-up.

Looking forward to a big reunion tomorrow, with a sausage sizzle planned in the garden, five or six different sausages, heaps of kraut, Black Forest cake and the beer will be flowing, My honorary adopted son's mother has my favorite German dinner planned for the following day stuffed pork, pickled red cabbage, and potato pancakes and strudel for dessert. Can't wait! We weighed ourselves, wife 97.2lbs, me 152.4lbs, hate to think what we will weigh when we return.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds good Rodney, enjoy yourself, Trump will no doubt still be there when you get back, kt
    R689823

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Have a great vacation Rodney.

All the best.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The greatest thing about the German sausages is the curry wurst sauce , an absolutely essential edition hope you have a great holiday

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast