Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Trumps visit.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Trumps visit.

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I never knew Donald T was a soccer fan , see something new in the news every day

It was this thread.

Loved the way Putin without words,
    put the ball in Trumps court.

Added

'Most importantly we have a lot of good things to talk about,' Trump said after opening his remarks with praise for Russia's hosting of the World Cup.
    'I want to congratulate you on a really great World Cup, one of the best ever,' Trump exclaimed.
    'I watched quite a bit and in the United States we call it soccer,' Trump informed him.
    'And also for your team itself doing so well,' Trump gushed. 'And I watched quite a bit of it and I watched the entire final.
    'They were really spectacular games but it was beautifully done,' Trump said.

K.

2. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Shaw View Post
    So yes I am ashamed,not at the US President but at my countrymen and I sincerely apologise to the American people.

He has gone now, any more flak will be when he get's home.

RE: Trumps visit.

It is over, would be a great time to close the thread.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did think it embarrassing that as the two world leaders were sat talking to each other the FBI were in America arresting 12 Russians .

I think certainly over the last few years America has had some very interesting political times I find talking to American friends that Donald Trump is very popular with America First , I think the one thing that Obama did was the Obama care health care system which I don't think as yet been resolved by Donald Trump it's just that when your health and your longevity comes down to the amount of money and the amount of insurance that you have I think it's a backwards step in Civilization that is why I dearly love our own NHS as flawed as it is

I don't see the point of closing any thread unless it has become unmanageable , Threads die of old age all on their own
    Last edited by robpage; 17th July 2018 at 05:09 AM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

5. Thanks Graham Shaw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just like people Rob.

But we saw some of the demonstration on TV here, being born and raised in London I too felt that this was far too much.
    This is not the London I knew, where people were friendly to each other, welcomed strangers and helped each other.

But that was a city of a past era, now long gone, replaced by one where vitriolic banners rule the day.
    Where people march like Lemmings not in many instances really knowing what it is about but going along for the ride.
    A sad indictment on society of today where tolerance is gone, replaced by left wing rhetoric so often based on lies.

The largest number appeared to be against his border protection policy, a policy that all govs should engage in and maybe if they did the way they should many of todays problems would not abound as they do.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Graham Shaw, Red Lead Ted, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't see the point of closing any thread unless it has become unmanageable , Threads die of old age all on their own

That point which was in reply to another member I agree with. I am seeing I think what some strange crew there is on here.Reminds me of the old Duhallow, an early bulker I sailed on.What a mixed opinionated lot they were,most of it emanating from the top deck it has to be said,backed up by their sycophantic hangers on who tended to sail together time and time again.Woe betide any unknowing new officer or cadet who didn't fit in with them.P and O politics ,but I know it went on in every company.

Well,I cannot think of many sites where a contributor has the temerity to suggest closing a thread because he thinks it has served it's purpose ! Perhaps he does not like the opinions,right or wrong that others write ,or it conflicts with his own political opinions? It is a bit like a petulant child at a party wanting to leave during a game of pass the parcel,because he does not grab himself a chair during the latest round ,if you see what I mean.
    Please do not be offended by this, as I am new here but I would not like to see this site go the route of some others through the thoughtless ,self serving actions of some of its membership.
    There seem to be too many unofficial moderator members here and not enough mature thinking members balancing things out. Prove me wrong because it seems to be a pretty good site here.

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 17th July 2018 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be honest lads i cant work out want trumps idea of U.S. President means to him, But to cozy up to a tyrant like Putin, And distance himself which he is from a lot of his citizens and NATO, The sooner he fades away the better for everyone Terry.
    {terry scouse}

10. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He believes Putin before he believes his own countrymen,he knows Putin did'nt interfere with the US election because Mr Putin looked him straight in the eye and said I did'nt do it.Putin is a trained KGB man he can wrap Trump around his little finger.The question is has Putin got something on Trump ??? if so what a security risk Trump is to his country.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

12. Thanks Keith Tindell, Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if its a naughty video of Doughnut Trump I REALLY don't want to watch , if it is of Melamine Trump though , I might , if asked nicely
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Really think we have enough of Trump now what say you all!??
    Just my opinion on this Thread some Posts are good others are a load of Codswallop!
    Cheers

I was of the understanding that the thread would remain until the visit was over.

It is.

Keith.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

#228 - It was nice to see that Donald Trump got on well with Vladimir Putin today I don't think he tried to put him down once good news for the world Is like a red flag to a bull and comments like this backed up by the new member acting on behalf of former members, seem designed to cause further trouble.

The site does not need this.

Keith.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast