Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay all 25 year olds £10.000 { Your thoughts }

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pay all 25 year olds £10.000 { Your thoughts }

What makes people think they have a right to own their own house !!!, you have a right to spend your own money any way you wish, so if you want the latest mobile phone (some are a grand ), or fine clothes, holidays etc, then that is your choice, however if you want to own a house you have to save and pay for it. My fathers generation did not aspire to own their own homes, it was rented, without housing benefit i might add. Rent today is very expensive, but is that caused by paying housing benefit ??. I think housing benefit is the reason landlords can hike the rents, knowing the benefit is being paid. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a street full of bums on benefits do not pay rent or council tax., they can get up to £26,000 a year TAX FREE, I have to pay tax on my miserable MN pension and State Pension to keep these Bums in the luxury they enjoy.
    The same organisation that wants to give all the failures in life, £10,000 for free also wants to Tax us pensioners more. to cover the cost of that free gift.
    I already pay over £3,200 in Tax and Council tax to keep these Bums. who get more money than I do, Income Tax Free and Council Tax Free.
    What kind of a Nut Case could think of an idea like that??

My 16 year old grandson who is in College studying for a chance to go to University has TWO Jobs, he told me he is going to be a millionaire by the time he is 25.

My 20 year old grand daughter is in University and has a job in a hotel as a Matre D, five nights a week, she has the same ambition.

My two sons also did the same. went to University and Worked in all kinds of jobs to maintain themselves. One now lives in a house that cost over One Million Pounds, all done by hard work.
    their Dad, Me, lived in the most horrible of slums, Adolf Hitler did us a favour , he demolished it with a Big BOMB, and five years later our family came together again when after the war we got a Council House. I could not read or write until after the war, so I made sure I caught up to the more fortunate ones by WORKING. and made sure my lads appreciated, there is Nowt for Nowt in this life.
    You can be anything you want to be, if you try hard enough.
    We are now breeding a Nation of bums and whimps.

Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 10th May 2018 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##keith that is basic economics ...the land lords will put up the price of rents as soon as the housing benefits go up .....but of course the lefty supposed economists cannot understand basic business principles ....as for ten grand in simple terms billions would be spent on dope booze and cars they couldnt afford to run .......now if the government said we will knock 20 quid a week of pensions and 40 quid a week of working families benefits to give them all this manna from heaven ...what would red lead ted and followers say to that .....charity begins at home ....in our home we look after our own ....that is how we were brought up and thats how we live in my family.....thank the lord there are still some of us left.....on the other hand we could give them all a hundred grand .....after all its only money ....albeit somebody else has worked for....talk about the loony left ...bill and ben the flowerpot men......how about every father has to give each of his children 10 grand .....so the father is responsible not someone else .....oops we dont want that lads do we .......what a country of losers we are becoming ......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We can all talk about the past the way things where and what our fore fathers did and didn't do, And its a total misconception to label all our youth as drug taking boozing louts that is also very far from the truth, There are a lot in fact majority of youngsters out there would grasp the opportunity of a helping hand, Ignoring them isn't the answer they feel disenfranchised and hung out with the washing. Something has to change and the country as a whole should engage with our youth or the bad element will only get bigger and bigger. Times have changed since we where 25 years old in every way, And these young lads and lasses are on a hiding to nothing. Amazing 70 other countries around the world can adopt this stance yet when it comes to G.B. ???? Well the replies speak for them selves. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by red lead ted View Post
    We can all talk about the past the way things where and what our fore fathers did and didn't do, And its a total misconception to label all our youth as drug taking boozing louts that is also very far from the truth, There are a lot in fact majority of youngsters out there would grasp the opportunity of a helping hand, Ignoring them isn't the answer they feel disenfranchised and hung out with the washing. Something has to change and the country as a whole should engage with our youth or the bad element will only get bigger and bigger. Times have changed since we where 25 years old in every way, And these young lads and lasses are on a hiding to nothing. Amazing 70 other countries around the world can adopt this stance yet when it comes to G.B. ???? Well the replies speak for them selves. Terry.
    ##again ted you cry not all are on drugs .....nobody stated they are its like... are you still beating your wife ted.....it doesnt come into the equation ....sadly pride and self respect is a dwindling force in our country ...but then i think the benefit system is to blame and yet all we get from the left is give them more for nowt ...truly a recipe for disaster .....we are and have bred a large proportion of layabouts second and third generation who actually think it is a right to get something for nothing...thank the lord we have some willing to work and pay taxes to keep the bums of this world from starving......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry, your original post states 79 countries trialing the scheme, I can only find one and that is Finland. Finland is abandoning the scheme later this year due to problems.
    Who are the other 69 countries?
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 10th May 2018 at 10:21 AM.

8. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry 25, stating that my father and myself etc was not meant to demean the youngsters of today, when we are talking of the amounts of money that we are, why cannot it be used to teach skills and create jobs, and let these young people hold their heads up with self respect. I know we are, most of us, luckily from a generation where jobs were plentiful , and in the future with more robots doing away with jobs, much as happened over the last years. we have to create meaningful employment or occupation for them, its no good just increasing the handouts, that teaches nothing. My mention of housing benefit has in my mind created the renting crisis that we have today. the original post asked for our thoughts , thats what we are doing, thankfully without insults lol, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also think that people who are fit to work and are on Benefits should pay Tax on those Benefits.
    It is an income so why no income tax??
    My State Pension, and my MN pension , which I Paid For with my own money that I worked for, is Taxed why is the free Benefit not Taxed.???
    Some one who is working on a wage of £26,000 would pay over Three and a half Thousand Pounds in Tax, plus NI contributions
    Someone on the Benefit on £26,000 would pay Nothing.
    WHY??

Terry ,
    My children did not feel disenfranchised, Nor do my Grandchildren who are students and are also working to pay their way,
    So why should some of your youngsters you know feel disenfranchised???

As Dad said,
    "If tha wants any money lad, then tha should bloodywell work for it."
    I worked hard all my life from Nowt to what I have now, I cruise the world every year, I own two homes, one here and one at the seaside.
    Not one penny was ever given to me, I worked for every penny I have ever had. Any one can do it.
    But you have to want to do it.
    I object to having to keep Bums, Every bum in my avenue have two and three cars outside, indeed across from me in a rented house they have six cars blocking the avenue. all on Benefits, 9 men, Five children and five women in one house from Hungary.
    `Heyyou` next door says , "This is truly Paradise.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 10th May 2018 at 10:51 AM.

11. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##in my opinion any family drawing the full benefits of the system should be given a time limit ...then put out if fit to fill potholes... keep public places clean... clear snow.... help old aged persons shopping painting gardening etc.... i think we would be very very suprised how many found work....and even more surprised how quickly they found it...shock horror

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They say one of the biggest problems is breaking the stay at home and do nothing habit.
    If they can put young offenders in productive engagement, such as painting park fences, then the fit unemployed should be given the same option. Work for the community / council to receive benefits.
    Vic

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast