Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: council tax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default council tax

##i have been recently bombarded with offers of free boilers solar heating double glazing wall isulation draught excluders etc.......but only if i claim benefits ........my new rates or council tax ibill has arrived today...it amounts to 2592 pounds for the coming year.....there are two of us in the house .....this is a copper or two under 50 pounds per week ......could someone explain how houses with 4 people working only pay half of this ........it is beyond my comprehension.....poll tax is the only fair answer......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: council tax

I feel the same Cappy,
    There are 19 people in the house facing me, all from europe , all on benefits, none are working, NINE MEN, FIVE WOMEN AND FIVE KIDS.
    All the others from the middle east, with 3 and 4 wives and hordes of kids., breeding like flies. and all on benefits, none working. Six cars. some have no road tax, or insurance, I keep reporting them and the DVLA take them away but they get more cars.
    only four houses out of 18 houses who are working and paying Council Tax.
    Bring Back the Poll Tax and Make Everyone pay Tax
    like being in a restaurant , table for two and pay the same bill as a table of ten. or in a pub, I buy one pint the next guy buys ten pints and we both pay the same amount;
    So make everyone pay.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 16th March 2018 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy your council tax is not far off what I paid for this house,a long time ago of course.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Likes robpage, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##well brian it amazes me just what goes out in benefits and before anyone squarks i dont mean the disabled etc ......but people are i am led to believe getting paid to look after there own mothers and fathers....like the people whining about rough sleepers on the tele last night in london ...over 50 percent were foriegners.....and our council taxes are going to pay for nightly accomm for them....you couldnt make it up

6. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My daughter gets carers allowance she comes around here in the morning to make sure I'm alright couple of times in the day to help me do some physio exercises and an evening because I can't swing my legs up onto the bed can get out but I can't get in she does 40 hours a week for me and the carers allowance is £60 so I think at £1.50 an hour she's very good value .

When it comes to the homeless I have listened an awful lot they don't like in some cases going to the shelter because the shelter needs them to be drink and drug Free I think it's a huge problem that isn't going to be tackled easily this is one of the reasons that I for many years have favoured ID cards if you ain't got an ID card with you come from and if you've got no right to be in the country if you go home and I know that people can't stand the idea of the detention centres for immigrants who are not legally in the country we need to do something drastic like that so the message gets sent back England isn't a freebie for everybody else
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

8. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##well im not suprised at that but there wasnt the cradle to grave benefit system when you bought your house .....we looked after ourselves......and we each were not paying for drug and alcohol treatment for the bums and stiffs and paying for houses for more and more foriegners ..which costs billions each year .....the system needs taking down and putting right ...what right has the mayor of london got to pay taxpayers money to these scroungers....none in my book

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My understanding was that when asylum seekers reach the first safe country which is invariably Turkey that is where they applied for asylum here they get as far as Calais sit around and then come over here to apply for asylum because we appear to have the best deal that deal has to stop until it does and a message gets back we'll get more and more coming over and unfortunately in my opinion the French government should be looking after these people not letting them camp on the coast so they can get easy access to the UK
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

12. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last year E.M. spent £36m on Methadol rather than treat druggies, easier to keep them in a zombie state.
    In Scotland seen the druggie get his Methadol at the chemist, went outside spat into a glass and gave to his mate. The chemist is supposed to ensure the junky swallows the substitute drug before leaving the premises.
    How much are all the regions spending on Methadol?
    Vic

14. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Last year E.M. spent £36m on Methadol rather than treat druggies, easier to keep them in a zombie state.
    In Scotland seen the druggie get his Methadol at the chemist, went outside spat into a glass and gave to his mate. The chemist is supposed to ensure the junky swallows the substitute drug before leaving the premises.
    How much are all the regions spending on Methadol?
    Vic
    vic i think if the true figures were shown nationwide for the costs to the NHS and the drugs given to these bums the country would explode with wrath ..and quite rightly so cappy

16. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 2011 we spent 730 million pounds on methadone alone and45AM BST 19 Jun 2011

Treating problem drug users and keeping them on benefits costs £3.6 billion a year, a report has revealed.

18. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast