Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: council tax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: council tax

Council Tax is to pay for all the services of the town.
    So why does the size or value of a home mean that you have to pay more. each person in every house should all pay the same because each person in every house enjoys all the Services of the town
    19 people across the road from me do not pay Council Tax, All using the Services of the town, so why should I have to pay a lot of money to support these Bums.??? Why should I have to sell my home that I have lived in for 55 years.?? it is in a woodland setting surrounded by trees and a lake at the side. why should I have to leave and go in a flat just to lower my Council Tax.??????

Poll tax everyone paid the same, FAIR.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 16th March 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I cannot make decisions for you, my MP here has an weekly open office and sorts out what I need.

Keith,

Lewis McColl Guest

Also those who own a second home should have to pay a lot more, after all if you can afford a second home that is only fair. Second homeowners who have a holiday home in the likes of Cornwall or say the Lake District type places have caused property prices to increase to the point that local young folk are priced out of the market. At least there maybe a possibility that the extra revenue generated could be utilised for the construction of affordable housing in those areas. At least it may mean that families /children who grew up there and love the area are not forced out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Governments and local authorities are very professional at spending other people's money. It is beyond them to spend our tax money wisely or efficiently. History is littered with rebellions by ordinary people burdened with too much tax.
    He who does not heed the lessons of history is doomed to repeat it's mistakes.

Fouro.

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, John Arton liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's one of the wonderful things that you can do you can vote the boogers out
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rob the sad part about it we just vote other buggers in sad but true? jp

8. Thanks robpage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought of the day John and I do agree with you we do vote the others in is that I live alone if I was in a partnership my council tax would be 25% more I get a 25% single occupancy with deduction but I use 50% less water 50% less sewage 50% less need for policemen 50% less need for the bin being emptied 50% let everything get the only give me 25% off you see the bounders can't count
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with #1. But even there you get into anomalies. I was paying polltax up to 2 years after I left England . As regards the hue and cry it caused to some others didn’t make much difference to me as was paying about a thousand pounds rates as against the same poll tax. However one month the bank who had instructions to pay forgot, and I got asked to appear in the magistrates court for non payment. For two years I made this whatever you want to call it as a non resident of the country, also paying rates in the country I resided in. All because I had an empty house waiting to be sold in the UK. If you pay tax of another country you are not liable for tax in a country you are not living and earning. So why rates or poll tax elsewhere. It’s another local government scam. Same to most things that government be it local or nation wide seem to achieve. They are like leeches, living on the wealth of of others who have had the foresight to make their own way in life.Robbing Peter to pay Paul, only they take it further and rob everyone in sight even the OAPs on the excuse they can afford it. There a bunch of mongrels. JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th March 2018 at 09:50 PM.

11. Thanks Keith Tindell, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Down here on the Hampshire Coast Havant Council are one of the lowest cost local government's in the area and surprisingly enough all their facilities are run by Norfolk in an effort to save money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we need all our amenities and it may be when we leave the eu we can spend more on our own we are giving away far to much to other some richer than us here? councils are hiring more parking attendance wardens to some times unfairly ticket drivers to top up shortfall many make millions every year people are buying houses only for councils to paint yellow lines outside and make the occupants pay for parking outside their own house. the bottom end of the ladder we pay through the nose whereas the top of the ladder MPs can give themselves £20.000 a year pay rise its a kick in the teeth for the working family? jp

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast