Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why we must pay eu to come out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: why we must pay eu to come out

lewis you have presumably seen my reply to your innuendo ......please would you confirm we had two bets not three as i cannot go back so far on my computer ...perhaps someone else may .......if the deal was to also for theresa to win the election also ...i will of course stand on that bet ..but it is not my recollection ...our bet was a two bet ...not a three......cappy

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why don't you each cancel the bets and each put a similar sum in the lifeboat box or into this site and call it quits, in that way we also avoid the politics aspect and you can both retire to your glass of drink and relax knowing you have benefited mankind

4. Thanks cappy, robpage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the problems with the EU is that when people voted to stay or leave some took their information straight from social media and a lot of that information was not correct . What is still amazing me is that the people like myself who wanted to remain in Europe have still got their head buried in the Sand and are now asking for another referendum or a vote or best of three having lost one already I have accepted the Democratic decision but know that it's going to cost us the best part of 40 billion pounds .. will be paying pensions to the soon-to-be retired MEP forever , this is why I failed to understand the parliamentary opposition who are seem to be doing their best to interfere with the process let's just get on with it
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

6. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

40 billion pounds ? Magic money tree or going to be a heavy budget soon.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we have 13,100,000,000 euro a year commited to EU , SO that's 3 years already budge t ed
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I caught a bit of the Jeremy Vine show at lunch time. He was interviewing that old duffer Heseltine, his view, we are leaving if it cost a £100b we should pay-nutter comes to mind. Vine asked him does the EU owe us anything, an empahtic no was the reply.
    The second interviewee (didn't catch his name) stated (and I agree) we paid or contributed to the EU buildings, money in the EU central Bank, he stated that we are legally entitled to our share returned.
    On the Brexit bill, he also stated that we should not pay anything until the EU produces a detailed invoice showing exactly how much we paid. Each line should then be negotiated and if agreed paid, any items that are in dispute should not be paid. After all if you were a businessman you would not pay an invoice that was not detailed.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 21st November 2017 at 08:48 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I would expect a detailed invoice, also insurance details, surely the EU must have insurance as a safeguard ?

K.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I remarked in humour at the time, the old joke, will pay you on Monday, not saying which Monday and sadly one with some kind of sense of humour loss still goes on and on.

Sad.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In real life there is never a get out of Jail Free card. Whatever was signed for in an agreement by Self seeking and indulgent politicians at the time that was detrimental to the. general public will have to be paid for irrespective of anyone’s views. If not the country who renegades on its obligations will be considered a pariah of the world, if you can live with that then ok, do not pay the IOU. No body to my knowledge seems to know what is in the small print of this and other documents our poor excuses of politians signed for on behalf of the people, only the politicians themselves. They put the country into such straits let them get it out, let them work for their living for a change. For a country that fought and won two world wars in rapid succession shows today little leadership, today of what was and is still a leading voice in the world, but is not being listened to To, due to loss of credibility. JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 22nd November 2017 at 12:14 AM.

14. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am so convinced that David Cameron was certain that we would never vote to come out and because of that nobody anywhere had worked out what it was going to cost to actually do it so I think now we're clutching figures from thin air and hoping for the best . I think to have a hard border with Ireland would be a retrograde step I can see that we have to pay out commitment but what I don't see is if Europe knows what we are why can't it tell us

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast