Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zimbabwe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Zimbabwe

A lady readers letter in today’s paper, to me shows people’s varying views of world events put out by the media, and all the different blames they put on politicians... copy..
    Robert Mugabe has been described as. One of the most ruthless tyrants of modern times.
    His savage rule in Zimbabwe was dominated for murder, bloodshed, torture, and persecution, not to mention how the killing of hundreds of white farmers has left millions of people unemployed and starving.
    Rhodesia was once the jewel of Africa, the most advanced and stable country on the continent. Although it was run by whites, the black Africans had access to education, health and jobs. There was plenty of food available.
    However, Harold Wilson and Malcolm Fraser, prime ministers of England and Australia respectively, were determined to ruin this wonderful country despite never having set foot in it.
    Between them they, along with Henry Kissinger, US foreign policy supremo, were determined to expel Ian Smith, the finest politician of his time, and to install the murdering madman Mugabe.
    The result is that most whites have now left, with Zimbabwe in total chaos. What was once the bread basket of Africa is now the basket of the world thanks to interfering politicians who had no real idea of what the situation was.
    It is a pity that most of them are not around to see the results of their interference. Name supplied.

JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th November 2017 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Zimbabwe

I think that Freedom Fighters or terrorists whatever you care to call them don't always make the best leaders and in mugabe's case if you look at the wealthy is accumulated from robbing his own people it's so sad that they have turned one of most fertile lands the breadbasket of Africa into a penniless state
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

3. Thanks j.sabourn, N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the white farmers who were expelled or be killed by Mugabe arrive in Britain as real Refugees, , they got no assistance at all from the British Government.
    No help with housing, No benefits of any kind whatsoever, But anyone else coming into the country as refugees get the lot.
    My friend, from South Africa and Rhodesia, who now lives in in Stranraer, Scotland, who saved my life in South Africa in 1953, has organised a Charity to help the ex Farmers. He has helped some to start farming again over here. They have come to work if possible and not to Bum off the nation as others do.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##there are two definites in this saga one... mugabe will go.. two his henchmen will still have control of what could be the breadbasket of africa the third certainty is that the people will still have 90 per cent unemployment .....what is it with these countries that they can only live off handouts .....and yet have so much good farming land and other commodities ......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is quite easy with hindsight to blame Wilson, Fraser and numerous other politicians of the time. They were certainly guilty of trying to stop a white minority from ruling over a black majority. This was at a time when decolonisation and the winds of change were happening right across Africa. The real culprit was the savage bush war that ran for about 15 years before and after Ian Smith announced Rhodesian U.D.I. in 65. Add to that the brutal fighting between Mugabe's Zanu and Nkomo's Zapu forces to decide who would run the country 'Democratically' After the Lancaster House accords were signed in 80. This was then followed by 'Tribal and racial cleansing ' Which brings us to the present day of Mugabe's 37 years of misrule and ruinous destruction of a thriving agricultural industry, The theft of natural resources by Mugabe's family and political cronies. All in all I think the Zimbabweans themselves have to shoulder a lot of the blame. Whatever happens the people are out celebrating Mugabe's downfall, which I think will lead to the usual African scenario of a new Dictator who will be visiting the Western democracies with a begging bowl to help get the country back on it's feet and blaming Wilson, Fraser and other rich (White) Commonwealth countries for the present day predicament.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

and lets not forget we send aid from hard working taxpayers of this country so it can slide into pockets of a few out there were is it going to stop there is no need for anyone to go without food or water in 2017? jp

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

out of all the countries in the world Africa should and could be the richest but then greed has got in the way most of the beach front property in the south of France are owned by African army generals it must be good pay in the army there? you think!!! jp

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lewis, about 4 or 5 years ago the site was hijacked and almost destroyed by a ~~i#slim hacker, so since then all mention of the those words have been cut.
    They have scanners that pick up the words on any site then you become a target.,
    Cheers
    Brian

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Why in my post#7 is the word *****(isl-m) if I type in Roman Catholic or Hindu or Protestant they are not censored. I can understand it if the word is offensive or I am being offensive in how I use the word in my #7 I do not believe I was being offensive in the use of that word??
    Lewis for some reason it is a taboo word on here, it can be used on the Radio, TV also written in newspapers, journals, books etc, but not on here, there are other forms you can use, moo slim, mewslim, we could have a new game called name the ****** to get the best variation

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    When the white farmers who were expelled or be killed by Mugabe arrive in Britain as real Refugees, , they got no assistance at all from the British Government.
    No help with housing, No benefits of any kind whatsoever, But anyone else coming into the country as refugees get the lot.
    My friend, from South Africa and Rhodesia, who now lives in in Stranraer, Scotland, who saved my life in South Africa in 1953, has organised a Charity to help the ex Farmers. He has helped some to start farming again over here. They have come to work if possible and not to Bum off the nation as others do.
    Brian.
    hi capt
    my first job on a fishing boat in the isle of man was owned by a Rhodesian and his brother tim was the skipper, they both served in the army fighting the gorillas and some of their bloody tales where indescribable,
    tom

16. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Captain Kong, cappy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast