Thread: Tomorrow and time pressured

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tomorrow and time pressured

When actually sailing we would do our 2,4,6,12 month or more stint on board and then return home for well earned leave and r & R. Yet (if you were married and a home owner) the very next day you would be presented with a list of jobs by she who must be obeyed. Decorate living room/kitchen/bedroom, repair gutters, paint windows, dig over garden beds, wash and wax car, install new bathroom/kitchen/bedroom furniture etc. etc. This on top of running children to/from school, after school events/parties etc etc. you know the score. Rest and recuperation it certainly was not. I had two houses and gardens to maintain as dear now departed Mother in Law, insisted on living alone in her house that needed garden work, decorating, d.i.y. etc.
    All of those tasks we did willingly and right away as we were time limited with the call to re-join often coming before our leave time was up and were often rewarded with an endearment and , if lucky, a bit of rumpy pumpy.
    Now retired, there is always tomorrow to do those tasks, we can wait for better weather, there is that book you wanted to finish etc. etc. We are no longer time pressured. Unfortunately this leads to S.W.M.B.O. dropping those terms of endearment and instead calling you a "fat, lazy Barsteward since retirement".
    Ah! well, there is always tomorrow to make it up with her.
    rgds
    J.A.

Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Tomorrow and time pressured

But John think of the money you've saved

Different strokes for different folks, the only chore hubby has done from your list above is the taxi run!

Marian Gray Guest

3, ''SWMBO'' She who must be obeyed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John I only once tried wall papering and made such a mess of it that she never wanted me to do again. Reckons I can’t paint either, am no gardener so she gets the SOS people in ( support our seniors), some of whom look older than me, so I hide behind the curtains when they are here. I do take the car across to the Deli for the paper in the morning as is about 200 yards away. Make the excuse that my legs are seizing up which they are probably through lack of exercise. My excuse is if do too much walking it puts my blood pressure up. I still find it hard to find time to do anything that is suitable around the house. It’s a hard old life. I learned years ago never volunteer to do anything unless you think there is reward at the end of it, oh I will hold the ladder why the wife wants something off a top shelve, and have even been known to take the washing in, or at least assist if rain is on its way. All in all I don’t believe in rocking the boat. She has the privilege of thinking she Rules the roost. Cheers JWS. Unless someone already not told is she who must be obeyed. But if your useless like me never get asked Js
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 15th November 2017 at 01:22 PM.

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

John ive been decorating for 20 yrs,,just lose concentration..ah weell have another years rest BENGY

7. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2... Its the principle of the thing Marian, your husband is right, he is doing his bit by keeping other people employed and doing what they do best. He doesn’t want to put someone out of much needed labour. JS.

Marian Gray Guest

Dinnae fret Davey, I didn't know either.... till I read the same question on here a wee while ago.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finding time to do jobs take skill. You must prioritize them in the best order, that is not the order you wish to do them in but the order in which she who issues orders considers they should be done.
    But that can be rearranged with some careful planning such as getting your brother to turn up unexpectedly, or a neighbor to call.

By this manner you may be bale to change the order by saying that while he is here he can help me do this one.
    It requires great skills in deviousness and timing but can be achieved.

Then of course there is the other one where you can suggest an idea which she will agree to but then you tell her you will do kit as soon as you have finished this one.

As a result of all of this my GP has told me that if I continue to do as I am told I could live a lot longer and without accidents.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller