Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

It is a proven fact increase tax levels and income from said drops. Decrease tax levels and income increases.
    A few years ago one of the Baltic states irrespective of how much money you earned you only paid tax at 10%.
    People did not avoid/ evade paying taxes and the amount of money generated for the treasury was more than that paid under the old taxation system.
    Vic

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes John Arton liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

Well Vic I do not know enough about the EU causing the tax loop holes for the companies mentioned , regardless of who it was, but it is greed and needs to be stopped.Everyone should pay there fair share.

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

: Tax evasion and tax avoidance costs the government £34 billion a year,PAY YOUR TAXES,help the economy,NHS,housing,cancer research,BENGY

Bengy Roberts Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJXP1tfSBM you too can be like this if you dodge taxes,,HIC BENGY

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Advertising / sponsorship: Pay x amount in tax or promote, win win.

Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Gulliver it is even easier these days 183 days a year allowed in now. I think you can even go over that as they take an average of days in over a three year period.
    No offence intended Lewis bit I think your figures are askew. I believe you are allowed up 80 days the first year otherwise you risk your status and defeat the object of the exercise.
    ''You’re automatically non-resident if either you spent fewer than 16 days in the UK (or 46 days if you haven’t been classed as UK resident for the 3 previous tax years)you work abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week) and spent fewer than 91 days in the UK, of which no more than 30 were spent working.You’re automatically resident if either you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year your only home was in the UK - you must have owned, rented or lived in it for at least 91 days in total - and you spent at least 30 days there in the tax year''

Burden of proof has changed, now the person[s] must demonstrate how long the amount of x days they have been in the country, before it was the revenue who had to determine that number. Some ties are easier to sever than others. Selling your UK home and making sure that you do not have available accommodation here is very important and arguably one of the easier things you can do, some emigrants will find it easier to convince the taxman that they are non-resident than others.Those who leave the country, sell all their UK assets, take their families with them, set up a new business or start a new job in their new homeland, only returning very occasionally (for example for a couple of weeks every year to visit friends), will probably not find it difficult to convince the taxman that they are non-resident.It appears that HMRC’s main grudge is against those who want to have their cake and eat it by keeping a home and business interests in the UK, while also claiming non-resident status. Some thought that to become non-resident all you had to do was leave the country and limit your visits to the UK. The number of days you spend in the UK is just one of the factors HMRC will look at when determining your residence status.

Furniss V Dawson set a precedence over 40 years see below:

Furniss v Dawson - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furniss_v_Dawson

10. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian the past few months we have been getting letters from Lloyd’s bank which are very mysterious. Through force of circumstances we still have an account in the uk due to people dying and keeping money there for emergencies, this money is minute by anyone’s standards, but all of a sudden seems to be very important to the bank wanting to know where I pay tax etc. have answered twice to their queries and even given them my Australian tax file number. Are you having a big clamp down on your banks at the moment. If they have me as a money launderer they are barking up the wrong tree. If get back to the uk will close the account, and maybe get a couple of pints out of it. The uk has had every penny out of me tax wise and any other way and aren’t getting anymore. Especially when one is informed that most money raised they give away to the wrong people. The tax year for seamen used to be from April to April but was changed at various times. I wouldn’t know today what it is, as doesn’t involve me, only if they ever tried to tax my pensions from the uk then the bad stuff would hit the wall and cause another International incident. The beurocrats have made enough out of the uk pensioners in the past and present, but are more inclined to feed other nations rather than their own. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 9th November 2017 at 01:01 AM.

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Still like the Royals and respect the Queen, could be lost if ever proved the firm bumped off Diana.

K.

Marian Gray Guest

I'm always wary John, so I suggest tell them nothing more but whilst here in UK take the letters, Passport etc and empty and close the account. Funnily enough I received a letter from an establish bank around six weeks ago saying I was owed a small sum regarding an old mortgage, nearly tore it up, read it again then called the number as I didn't know which house they were referring to. Answered two questions and voila. Probably my first and last time, still feeling I got something for nothing. Though must have paid in somewhere along the line
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 9th November 2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Formatting

15. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    We here in Aussie on old age Pensions be it Full or Part Pension have to pay Tax on whatever we get from the Government.
    I cannot really complain though as I now only get a part Pension ,as my Wife still works full time,but because she is well past the retirement age she too gets a part pension,so all up not too bad at all. This Year I only paid in $366 ,which is quite fair!
    Cheers
    Only if one partner is still working Vernon.
    The pension is not subject to tax unless your income from other sources has not been taxed at source.
    Part UK pension, tax paid at source, super, tax paid at sourcecombined with part pension and no tax to pay.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast