Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Re: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

Only problem I have with some of the so called Royals are those that actually scrounge a so called Grace and Favour apartment /home.
    Sorry also there is no way Prince Edward should be all dressed up in a military uniform adorned with medals and talking a salute at a parade be it either serving members or vetrans of the armed forces or merchant navy.

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

Default Re: Prince Charles's estate made big profit on stake in friend's offshore firm

Agreed sir

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you!

Lewis McColl Guest

Gulliver it is even easier these days 183 days a year allowed in now. I think you can even go over that as they take an average of days in over a three year period.
    But at the end of the day there is now no such thing as a company pension scheme in the MN. The real pi-ser was when companies flagged back into the UK register and stillemployed you from the likesof Singapore you ended up paying full class 1 NIC's while the employer paid bugger all

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One should never begrudge people having money,
    envy them by all means.
    Dave Williams

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes robpage, Captain Kong, N/A, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also complain that people who get benefits more than me and it is Tax Free when I am on a lot less and have to pay tax on my miserable MN Pension and State Pension that I bought with my own money.
    I have £1,200 taken off me every year and the people on benefits who get thousands more than me is Tax Free.
    Is that Fair?????

10. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We here in Aussie on old age Pensions be it Full or Part Pension have to pay Tax on whatever we get from the Government.
    I cannot really complain though as I now only get a part Pension ,as my Wife still works full time,but because she is well past the retirement age she too gets a part pension,so all up not too bad at all. This Year I only paid in $366 ,which is quite fair!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I also complain that people who get benefits more than me and it is Tax Free when I am on a lot less and have to pay tax on my miserable MN Pension and State Pension that I bought with my own money.
    I have £1,200 taken off me every year and the people on benefits who get thousands more than me is Tax Free.
    Is that Fair?????

The tax on benefits is taken into the equation already, why complicate things, it would just add to tax credits etc, or payment increases then to tax. It would be both a pointless and expensive exercise and achieve nothing.

K.

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

No one likes to pay tax , but when some are more fortunate than others those who can afford to pay a bit more for the less fortunate what is the problem?? It is how society works.Yes sadly there are those who will try and abuse the system and that is wrong. So when a social welfare thief is caught the law shouldnot pussy foot around.

16. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, I agree no one likes to pay tax. People are not abusing the system, it perfectly legitimate to avoid tax.
    What pees me off is the likes of Amazon, Starbucks etc. who have excellent accountants who advise on the movement of their profits.
    When I worked for IBM, they always paid their taxes in full, now the profits are channelled to Eire, where taxation is less.
    What has caused companies to exploit tax laws? - the EU has and is causing most of the problem by relaxing laws.
    Vic

18. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast