Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A general Question

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A general Question

For those who can't remember... North Koreas willingness to shoot down US aircraft is not in question. It has done so before. Most notably in 1969, during the Nixon administration, when a reconnaissance mission was downed by North Korean migs over the Sea of Japan. All 31 Americans on board were killed. There was no retaliation, and the US resumed rec. flights a week later. The US and NK have technically remained in a suspended state of war since the 1953 armistice. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roger #32, whilst I agree with much of what you say there is still the media part in this. They repeat all trump puts out on Twitter and that only adds flames to the fire.

But he has made one good point, the fact that this could have been resolved by a number of previous presidents, all of which chose to ignore it.

But then we had Clinton who allowed arms to NK and Iran, and no doubt others such as Obama who in my opinion was afraid to do anything.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Roger #32, whilst I agree with much of what you say who in my opinion was afraid to do anything.

Hi John,

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you (or Trump) about the lack of resolve shown by former U.S. Presidents in the face of a belligerent North Korea and festering resentment in the Middle East. As far as Foreign Policy is concerned, IMO the lack of good judgement shown by 'Obama the Feckless' rendered his eight-year Presidency a total waste of time and did nothing to enhance American influence in the world. Unfortunately, having observed the 'performance' of President Trump during the past nine months I'm equally convinced he lacks sufficient bearing, temperament and wisdom to hold such high office. Time will tell, mate.

...Roger
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 27th September 2017 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with that Roger, being a good or successful business man , does not make a great statesman, and I think that Trumps ego will be his biggest downfall, just my view, kt

5. Thanks Roger Dyer, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I agree with that Roger, being a good or successful business man , does not make a great statesman, and I think that Trumps ego will be his biggest downfall, just my view, kt
    Kieth.as we know,there is that very thin line between sanity,and insanityif you were born in January, you're more likely to be schizophrenic or bipolar.Now these are studies, by so called sane experts,so having said that,any of these leaders could snap,at any moment.One has to get the grandiose performance,Bengy

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem with, or rather for Trump is the fact he is a business man not a politician and certainly not a member of the 'club'.
    I think he means well and wants to do good for USA, unfortunately he tends to speak first and think after which causes so many problems.

He is very correct when he claims USA pays more than its fair share when it comes to global policing, his concept of tax cuts to improve business is sound financial theory, and his policy of stronger screening of potential migrants be they genuine or refugees has a lot going for it.

If he could get rid of his twitter account he would do a lot better and improve his image globaly.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Roger.
    Like you I think that the military complex in the US are not that enamored of Trumps bellicose behavior, and unless N Korea does something silly which is on the cards they will keep him in check.

Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just been listening to BBC Word Service - Outlook , a North Korean ex soldier turned defector , she painted a very ugly picture of people dying from starvation and oppression rife , the military eat three times a day , the populus dont
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

12. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob that could well be the truth as a defector here in Oz last week spoke of starvation and daily executions at about 20 a time.
    Sadly we only know what he puts out as there is little or no other information coming from that part of the world.
    I do not see him as a problem in his current ranting and carry on as I thin k he knows what will happen should he go too far.
    But what if one of his rockets goes astray and hits where it is not supposed to?

Here in Oz we have been reliably informed by a US official that we should over time increase our air cover to counteract him and others who may follow.

Global peace is something we would all wish for but somehow I do not see it on the horizon now or in the future.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Starvation , oppression , executions , war like noises , everything is someone else's fault , sounds like 1935 Germany
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

16. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Roger Dyer liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast