Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Driven Cars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Battery Driven Cars

#5, Hi Doc, Chris Grayling UK Transport Minister has said people thinking of buying a Diesel should think "long and hard" because
    of the pollution they cause, it's now being said that the fumes are harming children, the London congestion zone is putting
    extra prices on older diesel cars in an attempt to keep them out of London, there is also talk of a scrappage scheme for older
    diesel cars and this clampdown has the London black cab drivers very worried about their future. John F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    How is the electricity made for them ?

K.
    The same as it's made for everything else, Power stations, the cars are charged via plug in leads at a garage or home. John F

3. Likes Doc Vernon, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Les.
    I can see the authorities being on to these driver-less cars quick smart, the new driving license will be like a discharge book, you will get a DR for being asleep at the wheel, and a Double DR if caught in the back seat with the girlfriend on the way to Queensland.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fail to understand the Diesel issue, since the sulphur was removed it now burns claener than petrol.
    Sales of Land Rover, and a few other all Diesel cars, are going through the roof as more here turn to it. All the bush runs on it and has done so for years.

Couple of years ago mate of mine thought of buying one of the electric cars but was put off by the salesman who told him the battery had a use by date, as with all, and the cost of replacement would make them very expensive long term. Apparently some of the cable would also have to be replaced and the resale value would depend on how old the battery was.

As to driverless cars, may work well in the city but somehow cannot imaging driving across the Nullabore in one.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnf Collier View Post
    #I do know the Tesla factory is at Fremont California whether they have a plant in Holland I don't know, I first got
    interested in them as the eye surgeon at the private clinic had one it was a cracker at that time they cost £80,000
    to buy in the UK probably import duties etc added to the already high price, as far as I know it is an all American
    company. John F
    You are of course correct John, I stand corrected, not blaming anyone but will have a serious talk to my Dutch friend when we meet in June!!!!!!!

8. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It will be enjoyable waiting at the charging station for the car in front to charge up !!!, joking apart there are regions where an electric car would work, and the Isle of Wight would be one of them, no great distance to travel anywhere. I can see in the future, well beyond my time on this planet, where they will work, especially with the advancement in solar charging. The world has made huge changes in the last 70-100 years, who knows what's coming, kt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think that driving across the nullabor would be a lot easier than around town mate. Watched a video on changing the batteries of a car and it was an eye opener. Seems that because they are built by robots one has to strip out nearly everything in the rear of the car including rear seats and lining to get to the battery pack so doing it yourself would entail a lot of work so imagine the cost to get it done. Will wait until they bring out a double cab ute so that the battery pack is under the tray then only a matter of lifting of the tray and swapping battery's over plus being able to carry a spare lot in the tray to increase distance. Just a thought. With you there Des about them dreaming up more rules to gain revenue out of operators of driveless cars because you would not be able to call them drivers any more. Yep just think of a driverless mobile home and the party one could have while on the road. I say bring it on and hurry up about it LOL.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John
    May be they will just allow Diesel in the Bush then mate! LOL
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

12. Likes thomas michael, N/A liked this post
    john sutton Guest

Anyone who watched the sky news this morning would think hard about increasing personal use of anything involving cobalt as the main producers are the congo where they are using children as young as 4 to mine it for equivalent of 2 pence a day.

14. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

#19, Watched it John, appalling.

16. Likes thomas michael, John F Collier liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast