Thread: queens new years honours list

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: queens new years honours list

Johnno #86

Ripper! You gave a blood good laugh.

By the way if you run out of items in a US kitchen, say lamb, the cook shouts out to the "Wait Persons" "86 on the lamb". If someone is making a disturbance or had to much to drink it's "86 him out of here." So they gave you the right number for that one.

Cheers, Rodders

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

The culinary 86 is not well known here, I only found out via Gordon Ramsey
    a fair years ago.

Keith.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 24th January 2021 at 06:18 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Meant fair few years ago. but, cannot alter it now.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#89.. can see your point Rodney. I was an MNI ( member of the nautical institute ) up until 1988. After the disaster in the North Sea at that time , they refused to print an authentic general letter I wanted put in their magazine, they refused on the grounds that it may of had repercussions for slander in it, what a load of rubbish . I Immediately withdrew my membership and sent the same letter to Numast who immediately printed it word for word. Then people disclaim the uses of unions , makes me wonder at times. The likes of the people who I withdrew my membership from , Inflamatory or not appear to me to be a self . Indulgent self congratulory group of people who only join so as to put letters after their name. That is their biggest claim to fame.There are plenty more like them. Cheers JS

The same letter and cutting I have from the Numast Telegraph and at the expense of my fingertips and the probability of repeating myself , can reproduce here if anyone wants to see. To me I see absolutely no reference to slander , I was always circumspect about that ,proof of the genuity of any claims is evident , as the media would have first priority which they have never taken up , and would welcome them to try. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th January 2021 at 09:49 PM.
    R575129

6. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going back to #87. Today the media are broadcasting the furore in Russia due to their own political problems. There is noticeable by its absence reports of the returns of their Orders of Lenin by the dissenters, I wonder why ? JS
    R575129

8. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#88 .. Thomas the first post on this was partially in the dark. Since then it appears that the person who is sending her medal back if can be called a medal, is or was a female who converted to a man and is a medical practisioner by profession. Her ancestry will not go into as might land in hot water. But it doesn’t have any bearing on the question in any case. Being an early specimen of this type of conversion no doubt she went through all sorts of personal hell . That again is not the point as there are thousands going through their own hells due to debilliting diseases of all types with no light or hope at the end of the tunnel. It is the idea that someone can use a memento given to her by the people of the country she resides in to try and coerce a government in to not giving another member of the public another medal . And using such for political purposes . JS
    R575129

10. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Margaret Court was one of the best ever tennis players Australia has had, I don't go along with all the bull with these awards, but why is she being vilified, well she prays for the souls of the Fairy Rainbow people, can't see anything wrong with that, if you don't like it don't listen.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’m not a tennis player either Des. What I see is what I think is a lay preacher being vilified for her beliefs which she has every right to have. It’s a pity that the Holy Roman Catholic Church could not or are just scared to practice what they also have preached for hundreds of years. They are obvious by their silence in today’s changes of lifestyle. Pity they didn’t show a bit more of moral backbone. JS
    R575129

14. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz January 26th is Australia day and again the gongs will be handed out to some two bit singers, sports persons and others.
    Maybe Australian of the year might be Murphy our chief health officer who did so much good work during the virus early days.
    But most likely not, he will not win votes at an erection here in Oz, but if some singer gets it then the younger generation will listen to them when they say who to vote for.
    The real hero's, nurses, ambos, firies etc do not gat a gong, the current system is corrupt and should be replaced with one that recognises the real hero's such as those mentioned.

I never got a night hood apart from the ones in the kits we were give at sea.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those 2 bit players are put there by the people themselves John , the ball is already in the court (not Margaret Court ) for people to propose who they consider worthy of. If no one takes the time to do so, its no good complaining. Unless the Australian system is different than the British one. When foreigners get a British one it is an Honoury one only. Sir Bob Geldoff is Honoury like a few more. Have never worked out the difference have you.? When you see some mediocre person intelligent wise get an honoury Cambidge Degree , what good does it do him he cant use it. You used to work in a University you should be able to tell us its use. Apart maybe putting up on the Dunny wall and fantasizing over it. A picture of Marylin Monroe would be better. Cheers JS
    R575129

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast