Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: queens new years honours list

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: queens new years honours list

You don't have to put there John. How many put up VD and Scar. Doctors put up their letters after as qualifications and degrees that they hold. How many of us know what they mean. It is very rarely I put up , however my car number plate says it all for me. As was a joke at the time which rebounded on me 26 years ago and as I had to pay extra for personalized plates have kept ever since. I'm just as tight as a Scotsman or as tight as a Yorkshireman. It is quite cheap out here not like the UK where would not be able to afford. So being new to the country asked for JWS 111, they came back in case they weren't available did I have another, and as had been to the palace a few months before said MBE and for the number without thinking said 007 a shortened version of Naval Party 1007, never thinking would be landed with as was a second choice, I sometimes now get called James Bond. My wifes personel plates I asked for GWN a shortened version of Gwenneth and numbers 111, they came though all ok. Trouble is whenever we go country in most of the small townships we go to, the population usually think we are from Golden West Network a television station country wise. However don't care am not going to the expense of changing, and waiting for a collector to buy, hope he or she hurries up as time is getting short. Hope you are on the mend now John, you sound as though you are getting back into fighting mode. All the best for new year and don't overdo the whisky in your Horlicks. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th December 2016 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doctors put up their letters after as qualifications and degrees that they hold, JS.

Hi John
    my lad who is a Doctor has 13 letters behind his name.
    That is to show what qualifications and experience he has, It is only used on Official business, letter heads etc,
    I would rather be seen to by a Doctor with those than one with only four,
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Theres a bloke I know out here who puts OAM RFD after his name I knew what the OAM stood for Order of Australia Medal but couldn't fathom out the RFD and assumed it was the Royal Flying Doctor, other people thought the same. So I asked him and that was incorrect it stood for Reserve Forces Decoration. Just shows how easy it is for people to jump to conclusions. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice to see more people objecting to the honours system and refusing one HERE
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

5. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    So being new to the country asked for JWS 111, they came back in case they weren't available did I have another, and as had been to the palace a few months before said MBE and for the number without thinking said 007 a shortened version of Naval Party 1007, never thinking would be landed with as was a second choice, I sometimes now get called James Bond. My wifes personel plates I asked for GWN a shortened version of Gwenneth and numbers 111, Cheers JS
    My younger brother at one time an advanced driving instructor for trucks/cars/m-cycles told me the way I drive it was better I had a number people could not remember !!!

7. Likes N/A, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ken Dodd has done lots of charity work for many many years plus entertained the people for years but you can bet your life he will not get a mention since he had a run in with the taxman.He has done a lot more than Victoria Beckham and a lot more than who have received them and who will receive them.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Last edited by Jim Brady; 30th December 2016 at 06:02 PM.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Ken Dodd has done lots of charity work for many many years plus entertained the people for years but you can bet your life he will not get a mention since he had a run in with the taxman.He has done a lot more than Victoria Beckham and a lot more than who have received them and who will receive them.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    You're spot on there Jim, KD is one of the best. JC

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady, Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If Doddy was a Tax Exile he would have had a Knighthood.
    All the celebs who are get them,. That is why it is now so cheap.
    They come back to UK and do a few concerts and take all the money back to LA and no tax paid here. the Bums then demand a Knighthood.

Brian

12. Likes Jim Brady, John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we should put brains the site owner down for letters after his name for giving us this great site giving us old farts{well use lot} a purpose for getting through the day.. jp

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Brian ?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast