Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone know

#8.. Ivan I remember the 50 pounds restriction as 1968 when I became aware and was I think brought in by the Wilson government. I was in Montreal in 68 during the World Expo which was held on a man built Island in the St. Lawrence just off Montreal itself, and visited it 3 days in a row, I was at the time working for a Montreal company. The number of British people staying in Montreal at the time was in the tens of thousands and they seemed to have no restrictions on being hard up, so must have had ways of getting money out of the country, as 50 pounds may have given them accommodation for one night in a first class hotel. The only persons that I can imagine it put restraints on was the ordinary working man who would of not had the sources to access money abroad. All this from a Labour government, but there again from what sources I had re Harold Wilson he was the biggest phoney of them all. I was paid in US dollars in hand monthly so had no problems. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th December 2016 at 03:04 AM.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does anyone know

Hi John.
    Many young people these days wouldn't believe what went on the the second world war, we were reminded yesterday by a Xmas card my wife had from her cousin, she was machine gunned by a German Messerschmidt while picnicking in a field with her parents, they picked her up and ran dragging her along and she injured her leg she is still crippled.
    If these news correspondents who are embedded in Syria had only told the truth, now the truth is coming out.
    As for Obama , most Presidents once the elections are over take time to visit, not him, he is **** stirring, his bitter rant about Russia being a poor country with nothing to export was total rubbish, they are the worlds biggest exporter of gas he can ask anyone in Europe.
    Cheers Des

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2