Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: rail unions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default rail unions

....my daughter travels to london and stays two nights per week on business ...her days morn and evening are being held to ransom by the rail union.....she cannot get to work or from work ......this is the union that stated we will give a conservative government ten years of hell.....how is it that a ignorant man living like a lord compared to the people he supposodly represents cause such chaos ......millions of people cannot get to work time and time again.......how do these people get to these positions ......the dispute is over who closes the train doors .....the holiday season of suppposed goodwill is upon us and sure enough they will close down peoples lives time and time again.......this at a time when the country is bracing itself for the brexit fight to come .....i think one or two people on the site know my general view on unions .....but can anyone tell me of a union that has the right to tell a government voted for by the biggest union ever ...ie the people.... they will give them10 years of hell ........they turn my country into a joke .......put the army in i say .....and spoil there work and xmas to .....for ten years if it takes that......ghosts of scargill and scrooge ....my answer take the bloody doors of .......no problem then......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: rail unions

The POST is next week five days of Strikes.
    The only people who get hurt are the workers. The ones who cannot get to work and lose pay, the ones on Strike who get No pay,
    The Union Man still gets His pay and expenses,
    When will the members get wise to themselves and their Union Bosses who still want their Union Dues paid every week even tho` no money coming in.
    How Daft is that.
    I was on two Seamens Strikes in 1955 and in 1960, cost me a fortune and out of work, thrown off the Pool for months.

As Shakespeare quoted,,,, "What Fools These Mortals Be".... as true today as it was 400 years ago.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last year we went to UK and had to make a train journey on Southern Rail. I pre booked the tickets here collecting them at Victoria station when we arrived.

As a result of that I am now on the e-mail listing of S.R.

Almost daily I receive e-mails informing me of strikes and rail disruption.

It is hard to understand let alone believe how the British rail traveler is treated by these rat bags. Just what do they hope to achieve, certainly not the removal of a duky elected gov.

This is more in line with some communist country or dictatorship rather than a democracy such as UK.

Time to bring back another Maggie and although that may well raise the hackles of some it will be the only way to end the misery that thousands suffer daily. and why, so some humpty backed jumped up black enameled barsteward can hold sway over the members of his suspect union.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks David Williams thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would advocate what the US Government did several years ago when the Air Traffic Controllers in New York went on strike. They sacked the entire workforce and told them to re-apply for their jobs. When they did re-apply it was on the employers terms and not the unions.
    Imagine the rail workers going home to tell the wife that I am out of work just 2 weeks before Christmas.
    Regards
    John C

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###
    Quote Originally Posted by John Callon View Post
    I would advocate what the US Government did several years ago when the Air Traffic Controllers in New York went on strike. They sacked the entire workforce and told them to re-apply for their jobs. When they did re-apply it was on the employers terms and not the unions.
    Imagine the rail workers going home to tell the wife that I am out of work just 2 weeks before Christmas.
    Regards
    John C
    ####now that is a good answer to these people who give no thought to anyone but there own ends......they are all well paid by any standards to a bus driver .....who does the same job and shuts the the doors as well .....lucky to have a job ......the term guard makes me laugh.......the guards are giving there lives in other climes........but of course they have a flag and a whistle .......very important .......bring the army in they are stopping therights of thousands upon thousands.......cappy

7. Thanks David Williams thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy They have a flag and a whistle, What about the detonators early warning system, The 3 color lamp used to flag another oncoming train, The paddle to isolate the train when a 650 volt third rail is prevalent, The handbook with rules and regulations that took him months to study and satisfy his instructor he could be worthy of safely enlightening a train full of passengers under any circumstances above or below ground, The roads that took him months to learn or make himself aware of, The ramps to help disabled wheelchair users to get on and off the train in a safe manner, If a train is taken out of service for a number of safety reasons its the guard who declares the train a demick or unsafe because at the end of the day the safety of passengers stops with him not the train driver the driver is exactly that a driver, You have no idea the jeopardy the travelling public would be in with single manned trains, What if the driver was to suffer a heart attack and die driving a train which has happened, What would the passengers do would you know what to do, They dont carry radio which is linked to operation rooms underground, They have another system that only the driver or guard would have a clue existed let alone use, All about safety my friend, The railway system today is the same track and signal system used 20 years ago by British Rail, Answer put it back in the hands of those worthy of running it B.R. Not these companies out to put profit before safety. Terry. p.s Would you have joined a ship with one officer aboard, Or a plane with no Co pilot.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 14th December 2016 at 05:40 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see that UNITE is calling British Airways Cabin Crew to come out on Strike on the 21st of December. Busy time for passengers who are flying home for Christmas etc.
    The Cabin Crew will lose their wages, The Unite delegate will be paid his salary plus expenses.
    A Union is there to negotiate, talk to the employers, NOT get the members to do there work for them by going on strike. and the members pay these people to put them out of work, how daft is that, paying someone to stop your wages???
    Brian

10. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, Dont think i dont get your point on this yes it couldn't have been called at a worse time of the year ,And yes the only looses are the workers themselves. But believe me i worked as a train guard and the safety factor is not a fudge by the unions and the train companies are well aware of it, One man trains cannot ever work on any complex railway system. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

12. Likes Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well ted thought you were a bit late breaking cover......but the aslef union boss himself said he was happy with the drivers doing the job two years ago......as for flying a friend of mine has a cessna i fly 2 or three times a year with him the standing joke is dont you die i will be up here forever ......i have also when learning to sail with one owner of a yacht said the same thing ......dont go over the wall i cant turn round .....i would quite happily put any of my family on a train with the driver incharge of the doors ...ask anyone wanting to get to work like my daughter in london about the doors ....its political nothing else and as the holiday season begins again out they will come little pricks with power at last.......give them bigger flags and bigger whistles they might all go back to work.......safety my axse.....looking foward to your riposte ........cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by red lead ted View Post
    Brian, Dont think i dont get your point on this yes it couldn't have been called at a worse time of the year ,And yes the only looses are the workers themselves. But believe me i worked as a train guard and the safety factor is not a fudge by the unions and the train companies are well aware of it, One man trains cannot ever work on any complex railway system. Terry.
    whoops postalworkers to join the xmas bite the hand that feeds you ..they are looking for a 5 day stoppage next week .....again in our holiday at xmas ....cards by the million will not be delivered..it is beyond belief .......but good old corbyn rubs his hand at any disruption......and gallantly sings the red flag in the constituency of old miliband .....written in stone of course......cappy

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast