Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Butterfly Trays.

Gulliver Guest

Red face Re: Butterfly Trays.

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    have been to see my solicitor and have changed my will to leave you MARYS WOODEN LEG .....you must pay the postage and give 10000 ozzie dollars to the mission to seamen.......or give the wonderful marys leg to kong please let me know who will end up with the leg .........JWS or KONG ....ps whoever has the leg must pay themoney to the mission .....JIM BRADY has shown an interest ......
    please will you all let me know who has won the fight for the leg .......so the solicitor can send at appropriate time ........or name a suitable recipient for this treasure of our merchant navy ....gulliver mentioned an interest ......regards cappy
    ? ! You can count me out Cappy,I don't want an old second hand cast off.One never knows where it's been,although in this case I have a pretty good idea.
    So thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with those flutterby trays you're all talking about.
    BTW - I hear Keith at Tregenna has some quite eclectic tastes so maybe.....?Good Night.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Butterfly Trays.

Cappy, eclective means broad, general, comprehensive, nothing sexual so don't get your hopes up by thinking you have a depositary for Marys leg. Although Keith might put it up on E-bay and give it a strong recommendation as being a muchly desired piece of worldy art. JS

3. Likes N/A, cappy, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

John, A "collectors piece" even........... I'll give you two bob, running out of wood for the fire
    Last edited by gray_marian; 15th November 2016 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Think this may leave me open to ridicule.
    I collected small dolls from various places.
    And no John. I don't play with them.
    We maybe on weekends.

Like you Den I was keen on dolls, but did prefer the real thing.

Two Las Palmas dolls for my sisters. Many of the lads attempted to get them on board with a bottle inside but the Master at Arms on the gang way was wise to that one. But me, I stuffed a bottle down my trousers and took the lids off the boxes as I went up the gang way, got away with it as he thought there wewre only dolls in the box.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes N/A, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#34 John you have just reminded me of bringing bottle's of Bacardi aboard in Palma,Majorca.They sold the dolls there also,if you seen somebody with a doll you asked him if you could put you bottle in the box to get it aboard.Coming aboard with a bottle it was taken off you and dropped right into the Medi.If a scuba diver went down there he would've got a right haul,besides Bacardi there were people on the street selling Johnny Walker Red Label and Black Label,never seen that before,or was it cold tea.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cant believe some of you had to smuggle booze aboard.
    I was never on a ship where I couldn't get lots of it.
    Must have been lucky I guess.

9. Likes Jim Brady, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McGuckin View Post
    Cant believe some of you had to smuggle booze aboard.
    I was never on a ship where I couldn't get lots of it.
    Must have been lucky I guess.
    Now come on Den, tell the truth it was all essences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But must admit as officers steward we could get just about any thing we wanted, there was always one officer who would help us out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes N/A, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never had any problem taking booze back on board on the ships I was on, no one on the gangway most of the time. I remember three of us coming back in one of the SouthbAmerican ports with a massive glass bottle , container, or whatever they were called, too heavy for one person to carry very far, the wine in it had been the best ever in the state we were in, tasted the next day was vinegar, and sent to Daveys locker. The glass container would fetch good money today, kt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Never had any problem taking booze back on board on the ships I was on, no one on the gangway most of the time. I remember three of us coming back in one of the SouthbAmerican ports with a massive glass bottle , container, or whatever they were called, too heavy for one person to carry very far, the wine in it had been the best ever in the state we were in, tasted the next day was vinegar, and sent to Daveys locker. The glass container would fetch good money today, kt
    in a cooperative we formed on the aussie kiwi coast we had at one time 26 gallons of wine stached in my cabin ....we had control of the ship the mate was a proper alki he got put ashore in japan the old man never had a captains inspection ...we just did more or less the minimum of everything ....females running all over the ship in various states of undress sailors paradise ....those were the days for a young man...we had 3 norskys aboard who had skinned out ,,,they were aboard for a month or so great guys ...why did i stop going to sea ....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith #38 it was on the passenger liners where there was a gangway search and confiscation,never on cargo boats.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast