Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scottish independance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scottish independance

people will be able to go on the Tabaco run north of the boarder on a lighter note{excuse the pun} its only our own fault for buying cheep sh.te from Europe if we want something the bloody make it here how many still have cutlery made in Sheffield close empire made british was best not the swet shop crap that slave kids has put together pay the bit extra buy british when you can start the small firms back up and cut the dole queue down its just greed on our behalf..just my view,,jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see the 'Wee Gurnie' is getting a lot of exposure on the anti Brexit BBC, she is on the Marr show today, was on the same show a couple of weeks ago and other shows inbetween, of course Marr as an individual was a remainer, wee Gurnie seems to play the same record all the time, if the Uk Govt doesn't dance to my tune I'll take my ball away (54 of them) and vote against anything that benefits the English. She has a one track mind and cannot see that her track leads to disaster and not utopia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will say again who is{if it happens} pay for the Scottish vote her{no chance} us yes soft Johnny English again? Scotland had the vote the people wanted to stay. I wonder if someone challenged her for leadership and lost would they keep running up a bill for another vote she dos so why not? keep going cap in hand to Westminster for what she wants let her pay for it if I didn't like the present government could I demand another election NO but this bird thinks she can get away with it at great expense to others not her she is definitely taking the urine out of tax payers of the uk.. will she propose a health package and social security plus tax system for Scotland and how they will support Scotland away from the united kingdom as well plus paying their dues to the masters in Europe?? we will be sending £3.00 a month to them like the tv adds all the time on the telly?? think about it.. jp
    Last edited by John Pruden; 16th October 2016 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I see it, the community charge to give it its official title, was a political fix seized upon by Scottish Tories to head off hefty rate rises which the Tories feared would hit their core supporters. Under the poll tax people were taxed rather than the properties they lived in. Scottish Tories begged for it to be introduced north of the border first. The result was massive non-payment, the downfall of a prime minister and unfortunately the "REAWAKENING" of the "devolution" movement.
    In my opinion, if the poll tax had never been introduced, the SNP would still be a background party and only known as being a group of upstarts and no hopers worth bothering about.
    So it's thumbs down to the Scottish Nutters Party and "Girnin' Nicola" from me.

FOURO.

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro, if you actually sit back and analyse the Poll Tax it was a fairer system than what we have now and the old rates system.
    Any tax in the UK is based on your ability pay or spend.
    The rates system is based on a theoretical value of house and does not take in your ability to pay.
    Why should a single person in one home pay the same tax as say four earners living in a similar house?

Also Bliar was supposed to put in a system that would deny the SNP the vote, another failure on hghis part.
    Regards
    Vic

7. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That happened to me Vic,
    Five earners next door and I was living alone, paying the same council tax . they were getting five times the services I was. Poll tax soon sorted that, we all paid the same and I was better off.
    Just the same as having one dinner in a restaurant and being charged the same bill as five people on the next table. Fouro would soon kick up if that happened to him.

Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 16th October 2016 at 10:07 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Going back to window tax soon, mum was well p'd off, thought they meant widow tax.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    I will say again who is{if it happens} pay for the Scottish vote her{no chance} us yes soft Johnny English again? Scotland had the vote the people wanted to stay. I wonder if someone challenged her for leadership and lost would they keep running up a bill for another vote she dos so why not? keep going cap in hand to Westminster for what she wants let her pay for it if I didn't like the present government could I demand another election NO but this bird thinks she can get away with it at great expense to others not her she is definitely taking the urine out of tax payers of the uk.. will she propose a health package and social security plus tax system for Scotland and how they will support Scotland away from the united kingdom as well plus paying their dues to the masters in Europe?? we will be sending £3.00 a month to them like the tv adds all the time on the telly?? think about it.. jp
    Hi John.
    Maybe she has a secret deal to take all those high flying companies away from Ireland who knows.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The most amazing thing about people such as her when in power is the fcat thye pay thousands for advisors and staffers to get the information they require.
    Surely either she has the most stupid ones or they are feaful of telling her the truth.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Breaking news this morning, the high courts have refused the Scots another vote of independence, only if UK gov agree, and they don't agree. Won't keep vinegar tits quiete for long i don't suppose.
    R689823

14. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast