Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish independance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scottish independance

The main aim of the SNP (Scottish Nutters Party) is to break up Gt Britain. Maybe they are not wise to the fact it was a Scot who created the Union flag and who brought Scotland and England together to form Great Britain. Most Scots of my generation from where I come from looked upon the SNP as trouble makers and no hopers, they were a joke. However, there are some Sassenachs who also want to break up Great Britain.
    Too many wars and battles have been fought in this small country of ours, especially those between Scotland and England.
    The impudence of "Wee Burnie" must be brought to a halt soon.
    "RULE BRITANNIA", the words of which were written by a Scot.

FOURO.

gray_marian Guest

This wee wummin drives me nuts

Freddie Mercury - The Great Pretender (Official Video) - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRjFWDGs1g

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

marion, sez it all, great vid but still prefer the platters. Maybe Donald trump could also use it as his swan song.
    regards, stan

4. Thanks Dennis McGuckin thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Lacey View Post
    I see that the Poison Dwarf is at it again, when is she going to realise that if it wasn't for being subsidised
    by the English taxpayers there wouldn't be a Scotland.....Forget the Oil it's all gone....
    This is a statement which causes Scots to vote SNP and, if true, why is the British Government so keen to keep Scotland within the UK? Also, could you, please, produce evidence that Scotland is subsidized by England?

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Ian, on the news today and I quote ' SCOTLAND has the highest public spending deficit in the European Union beating Greece to take top spot - and taxpayers in the rest of the UK are having to help plug the economic gaps ' - ' While the rest of the UK has faced years of belt-tightening research carried out by the Tax Payers' Alliance reveals that the Scottish deficit, at 9.5 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP), is twice that of the rest of the nation.

The Taxpayers' Alliance said Scotland's overspending is such a chronic problem that the issue needs tackling irrespective of the independence question, as the country ran up a fiscal deficit of £14.8bn in 2015-16.

Scotland's public spending remains far in excess of England's with spending per head being 20 per cent higher, heavily subsidised by taxpayers elsewhere.

I rather think that the poison dwarf is living in cuckoo bird land - she had no answer on the news at lunchtime when it was pointed out to her that the EU will only allow a 3% deficit and Scotlands' is 9.5 per cent.

As to why the British Government is so keen to keep Scotland within the UK - why not -we have very close ties with Scotland in all walks of life why let political ignorance, incompetence and greed be allowed to break those ties.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 14th October 2016 at 08:38 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On Q.T. last night a young lad tore into Salmond over the deficit and the E.U. rules.Salmond of course tried to deny it but the subject was change quickly.
    Ian as Scot I live in England, and travel North quite a few times a year and I also keep up to date with local news.
    The SNP are running down hospital services in Inverclyde and will eventually force people to travel to Paisley, Glasgow or Paisley.
    The roads in Scotland are an absolute disgrace, the set ices are going down hill fast.
    As Chris stated figures published show a deficit of just under £15 b on the Scottish budget.
    in order for Scotland to join the EU it's budget deficit would have to drop to 3% of GDP. In order to achieve this taxes would Ave to rise to 39% or service slashed by 80%.
    Wee Burney and fish face are desperate for Scotland to become independent and remaining the EU. How can a country be independent and remain in the EU?
    Regards
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just as wee Burney on the ITV was at ten failed answer any questions on the deficit. She was full of bullshit.
    Regards
    Vic

10. Likes Chris Allman, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chris

Thank you for your comprehensive reply. Although what you say is true, many of us want to leave the United Kingdom, not to be shot of the English, but to release us from a predominantly right-wing Westminster Parliament, as most Scots are left of centre. For this reason, I voted for Independence, yet would still regret the breaking-up of the UK.

Vic

As I don't get about much now, I'll have to take your word about the general state of things in Scotland although there is no sign of this in my area. I do, however, object to derogatory nicknames such as Wee Burnie and Fish Face which is childish and contributes nothing to a discussion. One member even describes the SNP as 'nutters' so that he must consider those of us (the majority) who voted them into Government as also being 'nutters'.

I hold no illusions about the SNP and don't care for Sturgeon or Salmond. And I voted to leave the EU.

12. Thanks N/A, Fouro thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#18, With respect Ian where is the logic in voting SNP if you would regret the UK splitting? Surely if you don't approve of Labour or Conservative etc would it not make more sense to abstain, thus by giving a more accurate reflection on voting percentages instead of confusing the issue further. I suspect quite a few did the same hence Ms Sturgeons continued threat of another neverendum believing the SNP electorate to be higher than it actually is.
    If she was completely confident in winning she would have instigated it before now, leaving her free to wholly concentrate on currying favour with the EU.
    As to name calling on a forum, most politicians, celebs and the like in the public eye are fair game and I don't believe it detracts too much from the debate per se, explosive yes if in the House of Commons. My BP usually rises on the SNP, so banter is a welcomed distraction.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 15th October 2016 at 12:57 AM.

14. Likes Fouro liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Pos, learn from history ? HADRIAN JUST BUILT A WALL ?

The Romans could not be rs'd.

Would rebuilding the divide not also create jobs etc ?

Just wondered !

K.

16. Likes Jim Brady, N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast