Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump V Clinton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trump V Clinton.

First live TV debate between these two tonight 11pm Sky News Channel,should be fun.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

gray_marian Guest

Default Re: Trump V Clinton.

Heard this the other day don't think the speaker is far wrong. This current Presidential run is similar to a two person race down a sewer pipe. The last person to emerge and the one who has the least amount of odour and excrement sticking to them will become the new President of the USA.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 26th September 2016 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see the live debate doesn't start until 2am this will be on the BBC NewsChannel.Channel 4 have coverage starting at 1.45am.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Thanks N/A, John F Collier thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

Lasts for 90 minutes, no ad breaks apparently, was hoping for an earlier night tonight, hey ho Anyone know if there is an abridged version tomorrow? I thought it was Sky freeview 132 only?
    Last edited by gray_marian; 26th September 2016 at 10:08 PM.

6. Likes John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's subtitled on BBC so I'll record it and watch it tomorrow, out of the two I hope Trump wins, at least he's straight forward Clinton is just
    an actress playing a role, I can't really see either of them as a president even of a corrupt country like the USA. cheers JC

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

Thank you John, will probably do the same

10. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see Turnbull has even worse polls than Abbott had when in. One seems to have one of two choices in western politics, it is either big business or the workers. I have no faith in either party. Probably the people of the USA see similar problems in their own politicians. Being brought up on the workers side I tend to see their point of view, but also realize that one cant have everything and put nothing back. The extreme side of conservatism one must realize that the companys and firms with the massive control of profits moneywise earned it on the backs of the worker from earlier times. For the ordinary man to have shares in companies was unheard of years ago, and is probably another political move to get the workers involved in that side of politics so as to gain their vote. On the Labour side one is forced by their opponents to see the crookedness of some unions, these types however exist in both partys. America has always boasted of being the land of the Free, however you are now seeing the poverty side of America through the eyes of cam cameras and the ease of correspondence. A lot of us have known this for the last 50 plus years, even the people in America are finding out about what is happening in other parts of their own country, and also in other parts of the world where their own troops are involved. I think these heads of state are given far too much power and it defeats the word Democracy. As far as Clinton is concerned I believe she would just be a clone of her husband who was willing to commit perjury to the American people. However it is up to them to choose the lesser of probably two evils. Donald Trump would probably bring a breath of fresh air into America, all the sword waving is just talk and only talk to rouse the people for their vote. God Bless America as someome should. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim.
    An article in the Sydney paper yesterday, an American professor who has picked the winning President since 1980 says that Trump will win. I do think that Clinton has passed her used by date and if elected will be lucky to last the four years, I also think she would have won if she had picked the bloke who opposed her in the Democratic race as her running mate.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watched the debate for what it was worth.

Clinton I thought looked very 'daggy' the way she dressed.
    The moderator allowed himself to be bullied by Trump, and many of the questions were not that good.

But no matter who wins I doubt things will change much.
    The Congress and senate will possibly go the opposite to the President so little may be gained.
    There appears to be concern that if elected trump would have his finger on the button, but from his comments I do not believe that.

The electorate have had enough of 'professional politicians' and that is where the Trump appeal comes in.
    He made one valid point about NATO when he claimed that USA pays about 79% of the cost associated with it. Clinton was unable to deny that.
    He also claimed to have been against the Iraq war.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Captain Kong, John F Collier, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think trump will win he to me is like Ron Regan no nonsense type I would like to be a fly on the wall if he ever meets putin? who would ever think a film star would be president but he did a good job and was well respected so why not Donny boy?? jp

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast