Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump V Clinton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trump V Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    i think trump will win he to me is like Ron Regan no nonsense type I would like to be a fly on the wall if he ever meets putin? who would ever think a film star would be president but he did a good job and was well respected so why not Donny boy?? jp
    ###my feeling of what i have seen john is trump is a big gob and a 100 percent blusterer ......if he played poker with putin ......he would lose the lot .... putin is a true hard man .... ........clinton is not much cop iether........but i would rather her in the job than him ....just my view......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The general concenus (even by Trump's supporters) is that Clinton won round one, two more rounds to go, apparently he wasn't well prepared and thought he could wing it, don't envy the American voters.

I think Clinton would be a better foil diplomatic for Putin, but then again Putin would be wary of Trump with him being apparently easily upset and willing to call Putin's bluff, we live in dangerous times
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 27th September 2016 at 07:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am really worried about Trump and the Nuclear button. He said, "What's the point of having Nuclear weapons, if we don't use them?"
    As for Hillary.... not my favourite person BUT she does know that there is a world outside the USA. She was Foreign Secretary for years. Only 20% of Americans have passports and mostly they are used to go to Mexico & Canada. They do not have National Newspapers, so all their information is parochial and their own back yard.
    Worrying times - for all of us.
    Regards
    Brenda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whoever gets in will have a hard time in attempting to solve their own domestic problems, and their own bueratic Departments and their leaders who they put so much faith in, such as the FBI and their Homeland Security, not to mention their own CIA, plus all their advisors in the Military, the hawks and the doves. The US Government is a huge business and whoever holds the title, has all his/her subalterns to control. Their Judical system alone with all the different states having different penalties is in the hands of others, I don't know if they have a State Governor for every State, but they all have to be behind the President. Certainly wouldnt like the job of trying to maintain cohesion with about I believe over 250 million people. To the winner The Best of British Luck... JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems to me it's fingers crossed if Clinton gets in, sure won't be good, but if Trump gets in, cross your toes as well, could be difficult dangerous iMessage ahead, especially if it's bully boy Trump with a face off with Putin , kt

6. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brenda: Re. #13

Only 20% of Americans have passports and mostly they are used to go to Mexico & Canada. They do not have National Newspapers, so all their information is parochial and their own back yard.

Brenda, I am in total agreement with two thirds of your post, well thought out and stated.

Re. the above last sentence. Just like the UK, American newspaper utilize most of the front page to cover domestic news, and considering the States is nearly the same size in land and population as Europe there is quite a lot of it. However there is plenty of international news throughout the balance of all major cities newspapers: e.g. The Los Angeles times, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Charleston Post and Courier, etc.; all major TV Channels, e.g. CNN, ABC,CBC, CBS, FOX, etc.; The Internet: an e.g. of my international news sources. BBC, Berliner Zeitung, Der Spiegal, The Australian, Prensa Latina News Agency, etc. We also have a National News Agency N.P.R., which from 1300-1559 hrs. carries BBC International. Granted I read more than would be considered average, but most of my friends are international travelers and well read too. By the way the largest group of tourists to both London and Paris are Americans.

When I was last in London and staying at my fathers house in charming Walthamstow, the only "newspaper" laying about was the Daily Mirror". I went around the corner to a newspaper shop to purchase a newspaper with news, I bought one, took it back to the house and started to read it, My late father was quite indignant, "We don't read stuff like that in this house. That's for toffs." In the States we also have people like my dad that enjoy a naked girl behind a beach ball, football scores, and dog and horse racing results who read our equal to The Daily Mirror. We also have people like you, well read and articulate.

Please don't assume this criticism of one sentence in your post is an attack. Far from it. I wish you would post more. I'm just defending against mistaken generalities.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, all the national USA news papers you mention can be read on the net. I often take a few minutes to erad some of the articles. But in this technological age newspapers are on the way out, news now can be viewed as it occurs. Within 15 years I think all the papers as we know them will be gone.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###my feeling of what i have seen john is trump is a big gob and a 100 percent blusterer ......if he played poker with putin ......he would lose the lot .... putin is a true hard man .... ........clinton is not much cop iether........but i would rather her in the job than him ....just my view......cappy
    there you go again cappy ANYTHING WITH A PULSE,, lol jp

11. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re America, I had recourse to meet many through the good offices of my wife, among many other countries such as Swiss, Norwegian, Swedish, Chinese , and many other Nationalitys. These weren't seafarers by any means but all had the interest of Folk Dancing, the same as the British and the Irish. She still corresponds with some of them after all those years 50 plus in some cases. We even sent our daughter to the states for her 18th birthday some 35 years ago to some friends in Virginia who we still correspond with. Her stories on her return was that it was still like she imagined from the movies with their own whiskey distilling plants, and there was a family feud still going on with frequent shot guns going off. I also stayed on a US air force base in Norfolk/Suffolk from where the US bombed Gaddaffi from, most of the US families living on the base never ever left its confines, it was a town in itself with its own Sheriffs department and shops. I think it is only in latter years that the average American who can afford it has ventured abroad. Apart from the occupation troops in the likes of Japan which was down by the head with them. The US seems to like to live its own way of life when abroad which one cant blame them for, as most other countries try to do the same. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Re: Trump V Clinton.

The statements made by both Clinton and Trump in their first debate have been evaluated as to the true or false of the claims made. Following is a link to the truthfulness, I hope it works, I'm new at this type of posting and the wife's out.

Debate Fact-Check: How Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Stack Up - ABC News

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast