Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australian Submarines

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Australian Submarines

Fouro if you live in the Glasgow area you may be interested to know you have an old world war 2 British one lying at the bottom end of Loch Fynne. That is of course if it hasnt been shifted since 1981. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Les
    I don't think I will worry about the subs I will be gone longer than I was at sea before the first keel is laid, Adelaide will be called Southern Hong Kong before then.
    As for five year terms, we should be like Russia and if the person they elected is not doing the job they can with enough signatures from the electorate; recall him.
    Cheers Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 2nd May 2016 at 04:37 AM.

3. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It has come to light that the French got the contract because of the diesel. Japan and Germany would build nuclear ones. But as those of us who live here know that is a no, no. Yes we will sell the uranium to other countries, even find room in the outback to bury nuclear waste, but use it ourselves, of course not. You see the thinking goes back to the end of WW, the polis then said if we did not have nuclear weapons we would not be attacked?????

We use nuclear medicine without any concern and get rid of the waste so what is the difference then???

Would the camel brigade be gas or fig powered?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the French join the nation invading Australia at sometime in the future, they will hold the secret of how to disable the submarines, but of course this information will only be made available at a suitable price. As we all know why all French roads are lined with trees on both sides was so that the Germans could march in the shade

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Les
    I don't think I will worry about the subs I will be gone longer than I was at sea before the first keel is laid, Adelaide will be called Southern Hong Kong before then.
    As for five year terms, we should be like Russia and if the person they elected is not doing the job they can with enough signatures from the electorate; recall him.
    Cheers Des
    Think that the biggest argument against five year terms is to look at the UK as I believe that they have five year terms. Their form seems to be to sit on their backsides for three years then spend the last two years preparing to get back in to do it all over again. Just utter BS that they would have more time to get the country up and running with longer terms.

Like yourself will not be around to see the first one (if ever) launched. Can already hear the budget in years to come. Due to fiscal restraints we are having to contract the subs out to overseas companies for the betterment of the Australian economy. No been dudded to many times by the fecking parasites to trust them with installing a crap house roll. Think that John must have had a rush of blood to the brain to suggest that we put the idiots in for longer terms LOL. No offence intended mate.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Think that the biggest argument against five year terms is to look at the UK as I believe that they have five year terms. Their form seems to be to sit on their backsides for three years then spend the last two years preparing to get back in to do it all over again. Just utter BS that they would have more time to get the country up and running with longer terms.

Like yourself will not be around to see the first one (if ever) launched. Can already hear the budget in years to come. Due to fiscal restraints we are having to contract the subs out to overseas companies for the betterment of the Australian economy. No been dudded to many times by the fecking parasites to trust them with installing a crap house roll. Think that John must have had a rush of blood to the brain to suggest that we put the idiots in for longer terms LOL. No offence intended mate.

None taken mate but as you say three years doing nought then all go for the next two. Here it is two of do nothing then one of all go. There has to be a better system but what? No matter what the public want or think it is up to the whim of the polis as to wether or not we get it. Given the choise I would hand the running of any nation over to some of the very successful business men many who started with nothing but built up very good businesses.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is politicians who are destroying the world.
    They cause wars due to a disagreement between another countries Politicians, and the poor population have to go and fight and be killed amd maimed to satisfy the Poliies.

Get rid of all politicians,
    In Parliament we have 650 useless gits who just rob the Tax Payer, are completely None Productive, and pontificate on how to run our lives,
    What a Stupid way to look after a Nation.
    We should have a Hanging Day on the first of every month, Six MPs lead out of Parliament to Trafalgar Square and disposed of in Public and on TV ,and eventually if the others have not given up politics, another six until Parliament is empty. That should do the trick.
    Peace at last.
    Brian.

11. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a novel idea for politicians and a change to the system. Lets change the structure of our Senate and the House of Lords in the UK. That is? No person is allowed to be elected as either a senator or Lord that has any party connection but only independents are allowed to take that position. In so doing would we not end up with party politics being taken out of decision making and policies being debated purely on there merits. Who knows it could end up the countries would prosper without factions destroying them. Told you is was a novel idea. Power to the people once again.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24..teach them to be carnivorous and eat the kangaroos, solve another problem. Cheers js

14. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Les
    I was thinking of volunteering for the jack hammer, I remember the Abbot saying that the Dr co payment was dead buried and under cement, well they now have to dig it back up according to the budget.
    I agree with your independents in the Senate. We could also have a Turkish parliament with boxing gloves provided.
    Cheers Des

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast