Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 'political correctness'

Subject: PRICELESS

What a Gem

PRICELESS

What is meant by the modern term referred to as 'POLITICAL CORRECTNESS'.. Although I consider myself fluent in English, that term was not in my vocabulary. Someone found this definition in 4 telegrams at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri. The following are copies of four telegrams between President Harry Truman and Gen. Douglas MacArthur on the daybefore the actual signing of the WWII Surrender Agreement in September 1945. The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received at the end of the war - not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan
    0800-September 1,1945
    To: President Harry S Truman
    Tomorrow we meet with those yellow-bellied ba****** and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions?

(2) Washington, D C
    1300-September 1, 1945
    To: D A MacArthur
    Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan
    1630-September 1, 1945
    To: H S Truman
    Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C
    2120-September 1, 1945
    To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
    to pick up a piece of **** by the clean end!

NOW, WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO THE TRUMAN MUSEUM AND HARRY HIMSELF, YOU AND I FINALLY HAVE A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT 'POLITICAL
    CORRECTNESS' REALLY MEANS....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 'political correctness'

ButI do believe there atre some amongst the 'PC" brigade who honestly think theirs does not stink. Maybe they alos have problems with their nose.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Gulliver Guest

That slow but persistently evolving and mutating gene in some human's brains ,especially in Great Britain for about the last 20 years ,and codenamed PC, continues on it's steady ,absurd destructive journey.

A headmaster and his governors (like what do they know ?) at a school in Guns Village,which is a district of West Bromwich in the West Midlands,and which has historic connections dating back to the English Civil War of the 17th century,is proposing to rename the name of his school. Apparently his and his governors' mutating PC genes are informing the rest of their brains that,in view of recent firearms and terrorist incidents around the world ,a change away from Guns Village School would be prudent, as it just might give out the wrong impression and negative thoughts to others about the school.
    I wonder what the governors will come up with? ...The Wonderful World Academy? or The Utopian Dream Junior School?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PC = Pathetic Crap.
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    That slow but persistently evolving and mutating gene in some human's brains ,especially in Great Britain for about the last 20 years ,and codenamed PC, continues on it's steady ,absurd destructive journey.

A headmaster and his governors (like what do they know ?) at a school in Guns Village,which is a district of West Bromwich in the West Midlands,and which has historic connections dating back to the English Civil War of the 17th century,is proposing to rename the name of his school. Apparently his and his governors' mutating PC genes are informing the rest of their brains that,in view of recent firearms and terrorist incidents around the world ,a change away from Guns Village School would be prudent, as it just might give out the wrong impression and negative thoughts to others about the school.
    I wonder what the governors will come up with? ...The Wonderful World Academy? or The Utopian Dream Junior School?

Gulliver, as I discovered employed in the university system academic do not live in the real world, rather they appear to float about six inches above the ground totally immuned from reality.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes Don Cook, N/A, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another DAFT one emerged last night.
    I was watching a show on TV about Britain's Favourite Dogs.
    You must not call a Dog a MONGREL, as it is OFFENSIVE.
    It has to be called Mixed Breed,

I again Despair,.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Another DAFT one emerged last night.
    I was watching a show on TV about Britain's Favourite Dogs.
    You must not call a Dog a MONGREL, as it is OFFENSIVE.
    It has to be called Mixed Breed,

I again Despair,.
    Brian.
    You can bet your bottom dollar that is because some silly uneducated prat has confused mongrel with mongol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

every man /woman on the planet is a mixed breed.. man and woman have to make them?? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3... Gulliver... The term guns as most of us know was the endearing name for gonorhea. just maybe he had caught such off the toilet seat and every day he went to school was reminded of his own stupidity in going into the toilet after Miss English the French Teacher, that was his story and he was sticking to it. As his students christened him Mr, Guns in derision after they found out from the school caretaker who was visiting the same clinic, he thought it advisable to change the name of the school on some fairy tale. As during the 17th century they didn't have guns as such but muskets, he should have changed the name of the school to such, especially as he found out later he had a full house. Cheers JWS

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6... Where does that leave the poor old Ozzie Brian. Everyone who doesn't conform and drink what is expected of him is a mongrel, and to boot a pommy mongrel at that. Who do we report each other to. This PC stuff is all one sided. You cant change the English dictionary for a few air heads, Cheers JWS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast