Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: EU commission and Greece

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: EU commission and Greece

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    A question for you all. Currently a Pole or any other EU 'visitor' can claim from UK social security for a number of reasons as I understand. What would happen if a UK citizen went to work in one of the other EU countries, could they claim social security from them, if they have such a thing, in the same manner as the ones living in UK?
    And of course Greece will still get support the EU fearing they may leave.
    In your humble opinion if by chance the UK does vote to leave do you think other countries may want to follow?
    I believe that you can claim what ever you are entitled to in any of the EU states that you are in. The crux of the matter is that we give more than most to whoever asks for it therefore we have a lot of benefit tourists beating a path to our shores.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lads I have been saying it for years the eu is a house of cards if one goes more will follow trade agreements are only on paper that dos not say we will do without anything at all people are not happy being ruled by other countries and pay for it as well. I have noticed the press is putting out more for the stayers than leavers lets have a fair shake from the word go? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john walker View Post
    I believe that you can claim what ever you are entitled to in any of the EU states that you are in. The crux of the matter is that we give more than most to whoever asks for it therefore we have a lot of benefit tourists beating a path to our shores.
    As far as I can ascertain you have to have resided in Chzec Reublic for ten years before you are entitled to full benefits

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    As far as I can ascertain you have to have resided in Chzec Reublic for ten years before you are entitled to full benefits
    Bully for the Czech Republic. It is a disgrace therefore that the Czechs can come to the U.K. and claim an awful lot more in benefits after a very short period than anyone from outside their country can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john walker View Post
    Bully for the Czech Republic. It is a disgrace therefore that the Czechs can come to the U.K. and claim an awful lot more in benefits after a very short period than anyone from outside their country can.
    The Czech's were the main opponents to Camerons welfare plans, so what's good for the Goose isn't good for the Gander, and how do they get away with it...................ignore the rules like most of the other members

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10