Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: syria

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default syria

just having alook round the site came across this statement from a russiian spokesman about thear action in syria if he looks like a terrrorist tallks like a terrorist acts like a terrorist he is a terrorist we are going for him i like this guy not messing about liike our lot and the yanks dont piss about thease russians

gray_marian Guest

Default Re: syria

Hello William, lovely to hear from you, hope you are well

#1, Unfortunately if we tried to retaliate like the Russians the PC brigade would be screaming about human rights
    Last edited by gray_marian; 3rd October 2015 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's long past time for some top politician to do what he knows is right, and tell the PC brigade to take a running jump. He just might be surprised by the reaction of the general public.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by william gardner View Post
    just having alook round the site came across this statement from a russiian spokesman about thear action in syria if he looks like a terrrorist tallks like a terrorist acts like a terrorist he is a terrorist we are going for him i like this guy not messing about liike our lot and the yanks dont piss about thease russians
    William, I appreciate your admiration for this 'gung-ho' Russian, however, I find it ironic that, in their haste to show approval for the actions of the Russian military in Syria, our 'cognoscenti' (brains trust) happily applaud the very thing they least admire about the Americans.......i.e. interference in the affairs of others.

Roger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We often see and hear about how some of our own troops caught up in fire fights in the likes of Afghanastan and other theatres come home and have to be treated for years for trauma related illnesses. However very little is said about the young men who fly these multi million dollar aircraft and drop all the sophisticated weaponry killing and maiming many more than the soldier with his rifle or machine pistol. To drop weaponry on wrong targets as is being suggested especially on hospitals must further aggravate this trauma knowing you have disposed of the wrong people. Actual trauma figures regarding the Air Force never seem to reach the press. I suppose in years to come these figures will be released ,long after we have departed. JS

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Shame, innocent men, women and children seem to be killed from all that take part, guess they must all look like terrorists ? K

10. Likes Dennis McGuckin, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6 Not unlike the Blitz.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The big difference between todays wars and our own rememberances of the last two world wars are that our country was fighting for its own very survival, today our forces are fighting and dieing for someone elses war, a different physcological difference in most instances. JS

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

#4, I'm afraid Roger that old adage "the rules of fair play do not apply in love and war." Will always have prescience in these situations, that quote I believe was first uttered in 1579.......and nothing has changed

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast