Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Wirral Wimps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wirral Wimps

John from what I read the strength of the conversation was if it's true.Store manager to constable front seat passenger "can you help us boys I think someone is trying to rob in the shop" I didn't read anywhere that the security guard and shoplifter were on the floor and apparently none of the police knew about them rolling around on the floor.The security guard did not want any of the policemen tobe dismissed.This is the first time that policemen have had to go before a panel where the general public were allowed in.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim,

I do not know what conversation went on between the store manager and the Police Officer but if what you say is correct and I have no reason to doubt that then he should have gone in there to investigate and if need be arrest the shoplifter.
    As he didn't ,then that is dereliction of duty and he should be dissmissed. As an officer with 15 years service he knew that it was his duty and he didn't do it.

John Albert Evans

3. Likes Stan Carter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John of course he should be fired for not carrying out his duties.All I am saying there is mitigating circumstances people who have passed comment on here don't know the full circumstances.The officers were not on duty in that area at the time of the offence they were just passing through as they were heading to a meeting.As far as I am concerned the policemen who were responsible for the 96 Liverpool fans loosing their lives and then covering up the evidence should have their police pension taken off them and sent to gaol for a very long time no way would I cover up for a rogue policeman.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

5. Likes Stan Carter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The sentence was harsh in my mind.
    In the old days Policeman whilst travelling to and from duty were expected to answer pleas for help.
    In todays Health & Safety and PC culture Police are not expected to assist whilst off duty.
    In all probability if they had assisted and were injured, no doubt the top brass would have flung the book at them.
    Damed if you do damned if you don't
    Regards
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim,

I agree with the comments re the actions of the officers at Hillsborough, in my opinion they should be jailed for perverting the course of justice. With regards to mitigating circumstances of the Liverpool officers that they were not on duty, well for me that wont wash.

John Albert Evans.

8. Likes Stan Carter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john they are on duty as soon as they climb into that uniform any officer weather on duty or not have the knowledge to apprehend a criminal? I always said about the murder of the young drummer rigby why did any officer in a police car or van not run over the killers instead of waiting I am sure one on here would not have hesitated in acting in such a manner ? jp

10. Likes N/A, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another question to ask. If they were not on duty why were they driving around in a police car?
    O.K. so they supposedly were on their way to a "meeting". Now we assume that this meeting was a official one to do with their work so effectively they were on duty. If it was nothing to do with their work then they could also be accused of using a police vehicle for a joy ride.
    Just a thought.
    rgds
    JA

12. Likes N/A, Stan Carter, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I agree with on that. does not matter if you are in civvies or uniform and in a force vehicle you are on duty. same as not being on duty and out shopping and seeing an officer, or a civilian trying to arrest for a serious incident, you would go to help. if you didn't and it came to light, you would be in for a hard time. At least that's how it works over here, not much respect for elf and safety if a colleague is in trouble.
    regards, stan

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It may have occurred in Liverpool but the Police Authority is Merseyside Police and Wirral is now part of Merseyside and is also policed by Merseyside Police, all no doubt with the same ethics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This Thread caused enough bad feeling amongst members in the past - I do not intend to see this happen again, especially at this time. I view your post as quite defamatory towards all members of the Merseyside Police Mr Morrow and a slur on this site. I would ask you to refrain from such types of comment on here in the future thank you. The Thread is now closed.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

17. Thanks Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Cameron, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5