Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: referendum voting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: referendum voting

If once again the British people could have some say on how their lives are lived and what effect the EU has on them they may be willing to stay in EU. But to do so they must be able to determine their own destiny, not some obscure pen pusher in Brussels.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, George, Braid Anderson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    #18, Re Queens shilling Terry, they cannot actually participate in combat till 18 I believe. Unlike WW1 & WW11, Navy included, but I get your point
    Marian, With respect, I don't think given the opportunity certain factions prepared to attack the armed forces uniform of this country, Would stop and ask there age...........................Terry.
    {terry scouse}

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

re #19 From my most recently published book 'Gunner Flag McAndrew:-

The Firth of Tay was choppy in the stiff breeze, and spray flew across the deck all the way to Broughty Ferry. Flag had quite a long way to go to reach the recruiting office in Dundee, but there was plenty of time to walk the distance. It was only 9 o’clock in the morning when he stepped ashore. The first half of the bus trip had been traversed in the dark, with dawn at St Andrews.
    As things turned out, one of the car drivers on the ferry offered him a lift into Dundee, and he was standing outside the door of the ‘joint forces induction centre’ in town by twenty minutes past nine. His envelopes were taken by a corporal, and fifteen minutes later he was in Major Mitchell’s office. The major asked him what he intended doing in the army, and remembering his promise to John Wayne, he immediately said Artillery Surveyor. He still had no idea what the Artillery did with Surveyors, but a promise is a promise.
    Major Mitchell told him he had made a wise choice, and the trade would stand him in good stead if he decided to re-enter civilian life at the end of his service. Flag had thought he could sign on for 3 years, but the major explained that with the end of National Service, the 3-year engagement was being phased out. It had been originally designed to encourage promising National Servicemen to stay an extra year for much increased pay and benefits. Now the standard engagement was for 12 years, with the option of leaving after 9 without pension. Flag hesitated at this piece of news - he didn’t want to sign his whole life away.
    “Don’t worry too much lad, if you really don’t like Army life, you are entitled to quit after basic training. After THAT, you’re in, and no arguments.”
    This sounded reasonable, so Flag signed the papers, and was given a bible. With left hand on the bible and right held in the air, he swore his Oath of Allegiance, and received his Queen’s Shilling. He looked at the shilling, and asked Major Mitchell if he could change it for pennies. The major roared with laughter.
    “What on earth for?” he asked.
    “I want to ring my wife at Stormhill hospital in Glasgow, and tell her I’m in the Army sir.”
    The major pointed to the telephone on his desk.
    “Feel free to use this one. Every condemned man’s entitled to one last phone call. Tell her you’ll be at Oswestry for 6 weeks, at the end of which you’ll be given 3 days leave. I’ll take a stroll outside for five minutes and see what the troops are up to.”

Gunner Flag McAndrew by Braid Anderson | 9781785106958

6. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Red Lead Ted, George liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From one of these idol things they put out on TV screens nowadays re surveys done etc. it now appears that the most powerful woman on earth is the Chancellor of Germany. Shades of the past. ??? Last things heard on a world scale was when the Berlin Wall came down and Germany was forecast of being on its last legs due to the extra millions it would have to support both in jobs and benefits. The pundits are rarely correct it seems. They are not correct either in forecasting doom and gloom for coming out of the Euro comglamorate. JWS

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

surveys are statistics often wrong ...themost powerful woman in the the world you have met john ......she is married to me.......regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was she looking over your shoulder. I would get murdered by gwen if she knew what I put on here. When first married she said I dont want you bringing anything nasty home with you, apart from a few weird people off ships, tried to comply with her wishes. Would have a blue fit if she saw what was on here. Still thinks the world is a nice orderly place with a few naughty bandits around. What did pat do when you took in mary. ?? Cheers John S

11. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have seen what is going on here john sabourn who is this mary .....what has he been up to now.....i know whats going on......i shall sort his lordship out now and i shall be telling gwen about you and this mary......disgusting piece of flotsam she is .....and i can tell you this cappy will not be on line for a week now he is grounded.......patricia who sadly is cappys missus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Cappy thought she was out playing golf. Are you still comfy in your shed. Do you do man things in there, like carving a new leg for Mary and telling everyone it is to repair the kitchen table. See you next week. JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Sorry Cappy thought she was out playing golf. Are you still comfy in your shed. Do you do man things in there, like carving a new leg for Mary and telling everyone it is to repair the kitchen table. See you next week. JWS
    no mr sabourn he is in his shed and wont be outfor a week as i have locked the double security lock on it ........who is this mary .......i will get to the bottom of this going on .....does gwen know about this i shall be on the phone to her shortly.......you you casanova

15. Likes N/A, Braid Anderson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john pleasev send file care of cappys shed and food regards cappy......and beer

17. Likes Braid Anderson liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast