Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Like it or not

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    John, good in theory, but doesn't work in practice, people will turn up because they HAVE to, but they won't care where they put their 'X' so you will get a skewed result and the one the majority of serious voters don't want.

Also on another note in all the TV and Radio interviews Ms Sturgeon is very vociferous about what the SNP result means for Scotland, not one mention of what her party intends to do for the United Kingdom as a whole. We will have to wait and see what Mr Cameron does about the referendum on Europe, if he delays the implementation of it, then his career may come to an abrupt end. Whether we are in or out is another matter, in my opinion being out will not have an adverse affect on our ability to survive as a nation, Europe will still want our goods, we will want theirs and we will be free to do trade with the rest of the world without restrictive EEC tariffs on goods from the Commonwealth, USA and South America the emerging purchase and sale markets of the modern world. At least we can sleep more comfortably in our beds now knowing that Trident will not be scrapped in the foreseeable future
    Well put Ivan. So no Reds under the bed for the next 5 years, more comforting than a mug of Horlicks.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Put my answer before the results in #9 "The greatest Generation". JS

3. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

perhaps we have all had enough of the election and voting now ........the people have made there decision.......that is our democratic vote the labour is now finished and i believe they will never have power again.......nuff said

5. Thanks N/A, Braid Anderson thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

#4, Me too John, me too Hopefully the post mortem's will be over soon, it just feels
    since the Referendum vote that coverage has been non stop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's because Marion there is nowadays no such thing as a neutral statement from press or media. They all brandish their own particular views on political agendas. There is if you go into the realms of politics there is very little difference between a dictatorship and a democratic government in the end results. The media say what they want the same as any dictator. The only difference is that in a democracy the ordinary man has the right to vote. However if he doesn't he might just as well be living under a dictatorship, there would be no difference to him if he has no wish to use his vote, as will not be aware of any difference in the way the country is governed. JS

8. Thanks John Gill thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am one of those "middle england" voters who votes Labour but hopes the Tories win.
    I wish the new government well.

10. Likes Captain Kong, Braid Anderson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Democracy in action and well done to the winners. At least you will have for the next five years a stable gov that can make the changes the nation needs to improve it's lot.
    My advise to all in the UK, stick with the system you have, compulsory voting we have her in Oz is not all i'ts cracked up to be. Our system of preferential voting can see a candidate with as little as 0.5% primary vote get in on preferences. The result is like the one we now have, the Liberal coalition have a sizeable majority in the lower house, but the senate is held to ransom by minor parties of which we have, the Greens, the Motorist enthusiasm party, and a number of independents. So to get any legislation passed the gov has to negotiate with them, the result, some of the major budget items are not passed.
    No country can operate in an efficient manner under these conditions.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Thanks John Gill, N/A, Braid Anderson thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

UKIP came second in many many areas, so hope the new gov bear that in mind. 3.5 million voted ukip = 1 seat, SNP 1.5 million votes = 56 seats,, UKIp took 13% of votes for 1 seat KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16. Thought you had your own political agenda with the Kernow Cornish Party down there in sunny Cornwall Chris.
    R635733

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn't vote this time as I was away for the week, I could not vote anyway
    Labour candidates were all moo slim and the Conservative candidates were all moos lim
    I want an English man to vote for, to represent me in Parliament not a foreign, alien religion and culture to represent me. That is not racist but my heritage over a thousand years. My departed family members went to war to give us Democracy,
    SO where is my Democracy ???
    Still I am glad Conservatives won out right, they were hampered by the Lib Dems and held back.
    Yesterday the FTSE fell dramatically fearing a Labour win. Today it is booming, that should say something.
    Yesterday I thought I was going to lose my share folio. but today i am going to book another world cruise for next year.
    Best news of all, BALL, lost his seat.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast