Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gruesome!

gray_marian Guest

Default Gruesome!

After reading this, wondered if anyone here had heard or seen of other gruesome artifacts on their seafaring days or beyond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27903742
    Last edited by gray_marian; 22nd June 2014 at 01:16 AM.

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon, Charlie Hannah thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gruesome!

Marion, havent read the whole clip re the book bindings made of skin, so dont know if it mentioned about the more recent ones. One of the Commandants wife of one of the Nazi Death camps, one of her crimes, beleive at the Nuremburg trials was that she used human skin flayed from the executed prisoners ( mostly jews) to bind her books. If not mentioned in the article is probably because of upsetting your present allies. I should imagine anyone of Hebrew extraction will not or never forget however. People soon forget. Atrocietys as such are still continuing as of today, dont really know why 2 world wars were fought for, the world is still heading towards hell in a hand basket. Cheers John S

4. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

#2, No IIse Koch is not in the clip John. I had actually forgotten about her. What a
    revulsive specimum.

World War 2 - Ilse Koch
    www.auschwitz.dk/Women/Koch.htm
    Ilse Koch. During World War 2 the infamous Ilse Koch was known as the Bitch of Buchenwald for her bestial cruelty and sadistic behavior.

However Wikipedia state that no human skin lamp shades or books where found in her home. The link below does not transfer here!

She was the wife of ...Ilse Koch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilse_KochIlse Koch -
    Last edited by gray_marian; 22nd June 2014 at 02:22 AM.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have seen a public flogging in Jeddah. Seen a young girl sitting in the gutter giving birth to a baby in Cochin (India) her own people just walking by and ignoring, she must have been one of the what they call untouchables. Will be a few more unsightly things brought up now in my short stretches of shuteye. The mind is a funny thing and when one memory is brought to the surface others usually follow. The Pierrepoint the Hangman mentioned in those pages, I stayed with a family friend in Leicester after the war, staying in the same house was a Mr. Pierrepoint who was also staying there for a few days and was told by my mother that he was the official hangman and was in that area on business, probably a hanging. Would be a good job for an ex seaman as would have a good knowledge of ropes and be able to adjust the noose to make it last a bit longer if ddnt like the candidate for the long drop. Cheers John S

8. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Marian.
    Well remember after the war when they published what happened in the camps, I think it was Ilse Kochs who made lampshades out of tattoo'd skin.
    Cheers Des

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lets not forget today people are being beheaded on camera to try and put the sh.ts up us its not much different than days of the past cruel people will win while good men do nothing?jp

14. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

wondered if anyone here had heard or seen of other gruesome artifacts on their seafaring days or beyond
    Marian.

. The only Gruesome artifacts I ever saw was in a Male Long Hut of the Dyaks in Borneo when I spent a weekend with them, they had skulls of their `enemies` round their sleeping mats.
    Difficult to get to sleep with a few skulls smiling at you. this was after eating "long pig".
    Saw an American airman shot by firng squad in Sumatra,
    In Saudi with the Agent we were pulled out of our car and with a crowd of people forced to watch two men beheaded.
    Two Swedes killed in the California Bar in Montevideo, by the Vigilantes. and a few more .

A few other Gruesome artifacts I have seen have been when opening one eye and seeing an Ugly woman alongside instead of the beautiful lady I went to bed with.
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 22nd June 2014 at 08:47 PM.

16. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8.... Did she have a wooden leg. JS

18. Likes Captain Kong, John Pruden, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    --Marian.
    . The only Gruesome artifacts I ever saw --Two Swedes killed in the California Bar in Montevideo, by the Vigilantes. and a few more .

Cheers
    Brian
    In some parts of Indonesia there are artifacst such as skulls and other bits mainly as a result of invasion where the natives got some of their own back. Plent of u tube footage of actual executions for any one interested. But as you so rightly say Brian the most disturbing artifact was the one you found yourself besides next morning. The worst part of thei si that they had some magical powesr as you would have no recolection of ever seeing them the night before.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd June 2014 at 06:13 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

20. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast