Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Politics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Have you not given him the £10 yet Alf.?? Dont be so mean, the guy needs the money.
    Do you want him to end up like this ???
    Cheers
    Brian
    It is believed in a number of circles that it was Balir that was responsible for Iraq, not Bush. Iraq wanted a change of gov, not Saddam they were concerned with but rather his two mad sons. They conspired with MI5 to convince Blair there were weapons of mass destruction, he went to bush and we all know what happend after that!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes George, alf corbyn, Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

as a fan of PMs questions in west minister {yes sad I know} there is so many so called intelligent people asking stupid questions waving papers and all the hear hear brigade they can talk for minutes and yet say nothing?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    as a fan of PMs questions in west minister {yes sad I know} there is so many so called intelligent people asking stupid questions waving papers and all the hear hear brigade they can talk for minutes and yet say nothing?jp
    John, some of them could talk under wet cocncrete and still say nothing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes alf corbyn, Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

spot on john. jp

7. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if the country is in such a state, according to the tories and lib dems plus labour of course, why don't they do away with the present system of elections, make it law that no one can be an MP until they have resided in a constituency for at least five years. this would ensure that they have that constituency only to worry about and would mean they would not need a second home, as they could stay at a government hotel specially built for MP's. This would have all the basics but no luxury's. all meals charged for etc. they could then get on with lining their pockets, and also ruling the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

if the country is in such a state, according to the tories and lib dems plus labour of course, why don't they do away with the present system of elections, make it law that no one can be an MP until they have resided in a constituency for at least five years. this would ensure that they have that constituency only to worry about and would mean they would not need a second home, as they could stay at a government hotel specially built for MP's. This would have all the basics but no luxury's. all meals charged for etc. they could then get on with lining their pockets, and also ruling the rest of us.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alf... If the country is in dire straits, they should have an enquiry on why, and who is responsible, and if necessary if proven due to incompetence people charged. The same as any other disaster. They still come under the Law of The Land, and the same as any other citizen have to face the music for any wrongs which can be proven. The house only allows them freedom of speech in its confines so cant be charged there. Myself I think the past 10 years or so, the government in power at the time have taken liberties with the populance by putting them into Europe under false pretenses, and are the worse government since the war this refers to Blair and his cohorts. The present lot in power seem averse to giving the people the choice of their own future. This is Democracy at its worse. I think if the same happened here due to a smaller population they would soon hear about it. We already have different enquiries underway due to misappropriation of union funds by people who are now or were Ministers in government. Due to the present situ in Iraq, I think there should be a whole new enquiry opened up for the real truth to be known. Cheers John S

10. Thanks alf corbyn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with Alf,
    the MPs should live permenantly in their constituancy, Mine lives part time in Pa kist an, where she was born and in UK lives in Surrey where she has a Law Firm. So I have given up trying to contact her, does Not answer emails, or phone calls.She is of course a Labour MP.
    My Town Councillors are also Labour , and are from pa kist an.
    So who do I vote for???? Is this what they bomb other countries for? to bring them Democracy?
    Is some one going to bomb us to bring us Democracy one day.??
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no the white british born will stand back as usual on voting day but one day all the middle eastern british will all vote together and we will be caught sleeping that's when the sh.te will hit the fan? we won't be around in 50 years time but I will bet anything there will be a prayer matt in downing street and our laws will be changing by the minutes. just my view jp

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think one of the MP's had lost his seat, and they quickly moved him to another constituency, but he lost that also, so is no longer an MP. I think he has a programme about trains on tv now
    if it had been Blair or Cameron we might not be in this mess now.

- - - Updated - - -

hi Brian. I bet she is claiming air fares there and back. try and find out. if she is we can take it further.

- - - Updated - -
    Last edited by alf corbyn; 17th June 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: duplicate thread
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

15. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 2008 the ethnic mix in Bolton was

White White British 87.2
    White Irish 0.9
    Other White 0.9
    Mixed White and Black Caribbean 0.3
    White and Black African 0.1
    White and Asian 0.4
    Other Mixed 0.2
    Asian or Asian British Indian 6.1
    Pakistani 2.5
    Bangladeshi 0.1
    Other Asian 0.4
    Black or Black British Caribbean 0.3
    African 0.3
    Other Black <0.1
    Chinese or Chinese 0.2
    other ethnic group Other ethnic group 0.1

So you and the other of the 87% need to either Join Bolton Labour Party , and demand a selection meeting ,though it is with a 15% lead a safe labour set .so they could put a monkey in there with a red rosette and it would be voted in I don't know enough about the Labour party constitution to say how , or what I expect , but Bolton South Easst has always returned Labour , maybe it is time for the silent majority , and the voter who votes like his dad and granddad did to actually read the candidates paperwork , with a 47 % return your present member , as good or as bad as she is has an awful lot of white votes . Just ask , did you vote , and why ? the answers may be will surprise you .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

17. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast