Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Britain being omitted by Brussels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default History of Britain being omitted by Brussels.

Why is it schoolchildren leaving school nowadays are almost completely ignorant of British history?. In the pages of a history book most of us would expect Britain's role in the years 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 to at least warrant a mention. However, in such a book produced by Brussels, there is NO mention of WW1 or WW2 in the section referring to Britain. The glaring omission consigns key events such as the Battle of Britain, the Blitz, Dunkirk and D Day to the dustbin. There is no mention of the pivotal role Britain played in shaping the future of Europe. Nothing of note is recorded as happening in Britain early in the twentieth century, with the Great War conspicuous by its absence. The book allocates four pages to each of the twenty eight members of the EU. I think it is ludicrous that we should get the same coverage as somewhere like Estonia. The whole history of Scotland warrants only one and a half lines. What a disgrace this should come to light in the Centenary Year of World War One.

FOURO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: History of Britain being omitted by Brussels.

Fouro,

I think that the answer is quite straightforeward. Five words sum it all up.

'THEY JUST DON't LIKE US.'

John Albert Evans.

gray_marian Guest

#1, I don't know which book you are referring to FOURO but if the school my children attended
    produced only this I would have been around there like a bat out of hell. At the moment I am teaching my oldest grandson [7yrs] about the Battle of Flodden. When I asked him today about history in his school he replied 'you mean fact's?' Apparently he is being taught about the 60's
    at present, so far it's Neil Armstrong and the moon also the Beatles!!
    Last edited by gray_marian; 14th May 2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Added text

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you give us the title Fouro , I ould like to see more about this book , please
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

5. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, alf corbyn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently, this book is being supplied to schools in Belgium by the European Parliament's Office of Information, in Brussels. It also looks like Belgian society wants as little as possible to do with Britain, and to what what happened in the past. Well, if that's there way of showing gratitude, "sod em".

FOURO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro,they never did like us,especially the French. That goes back to Agincourt,the first time we upset them. This Country has better friends on the other side of the Atlantic than the other side of the North Sea.I don't just mean the USA. There is another big Country over there called Canada. I mean the People rather than the Governments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a lot about this on the anti everythings websites and blogs , it is the History of Europe , which is the history of the European Union and the EEC that preceeded it , both these organisations are post war , and therefore o am not surpised that there is no reference to how we put it up them as Cpl Jones so elequently offered .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

9. Likes N/A, George, alf corbyn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This was common knowledge a long time ago. the eu airbrushed the WW2 from history books.
    Britain did Nothing in the time zone of WW2. Nothing happened. WW2 is only a figment of Hollywoods imagination for entertainment only. So my relatives who went to war to save the belgians and froggy french, who were killed, maimed in mind and body, my house bombed etc etc Never happened.Ungrateful swines.
    The Berstereds could speak English then and knew where to shout for help at the time.
    They are all scared of germany again as it is taking over europe again but this time economically instead of by warmongering.
    . As I have said previously, and I dont care who critisizes me, We should use europe as a nuclear testing ground. Maybe they will remember next time. I hate europe and do not care who knows about it.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th May 2014 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    Can you give us the title Fouro , I ould like to see more about this book , please
    Rob, There is a lot of fact in what FOURO is saying. I tuned into hard talk most evenings BBC 24 hour news 00.30 hours, This was a debate between the presenter of the program and some gimp from the chambers of the E.U. Parliament. Apparently school kids all over Europe are learning to much British history and need to spend more time studying there own culture. That could be something to do with the UKs history playing a big roll in winning 2 world wars/ Or the great British Empire/ The slave trade which brought great wealth to all of Europe/ I don't think any school kid from any country could sit out a history lesson without avoiding the British Empire or the U.K. itself. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

12. Thanks robpage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am interested in what Eupope has to say , it is onlt y a week tomorrow till we put six ticks on the form , and to be truthful I am , I am eliminating the parties one by one . I do not see that UKIP will do us any good in Europe , they have not opposed or modified one thing I think they turn up half the time too , we are paying them to represent us in Europe , and they are clearly not doing that . I believe the Greens have told too many lies about their beliefs and ommitted too many things to make their calculations look good , their stuff only works if subsidised , I don't like what the nationalist parties stand for , I see the lib dems as a joke , so the field is narrowing , I look at what comes out of Europe , who is hand in hnd in parliament there , and am trying to make a positive vote , part of that is sorting the lies from the damn lies , that is why I like to read from the source , too many people out there have too many theories and too many conspiracy ideas , Sorting out what is correct is not easy though

14. Likes N/A, George, alf corbyn, Red Lead Ted liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast