Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Britain being omitted by Brussels.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: History of Britain being omitted by Brussels.

Rob if it is anything like or crappy lot here in Oz. What they say pre election can soon be deciphered. Everything that is promised will be ignored and everything that they promise not to do will be done with gusto. Simple really. As the old saying goes? How do you know when a politician is lying? His lips move. Can understand the problem of who to vote for as there is no one of substance that anyone would urinate on if on fire.

Regarding the history books and how we are now seeing them being manipulated to suit each and every countries interpretation of events which leads to rendering history being referenced to what suits and what needs to be left out, and this within a century of it happening. Can we not now fail to see how altered and polluted that history book called the bible is. Especially being around for all these centuries and still adhered to as fact. No wonder the whole bloody world is in the mess it is today. Do not get me wrong I am religious but just refuse to allow some anus wipe telling how I should practice it.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whats the betting that K/Rudd is the next Sec. Gen. of the U.N. What does he hope to bring to such a meeting of supposedly leaders of various countries. What credability they have , they should be careful of maintaining. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's just like the Japanese they have not acknowledge of the wartime atroctries and it not in their history books
    Also I have just received acknowledgement from the local newspaper in answer to my letter I wrote about the lack of media coverage of the Merchant Navy wartime doings and I ask them to give us more publicity and all I got back thank you for letter we have taken a note

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#11... Les as regards the Bible I have always referred to the St. James version of. Dont think it has been altered from the Dead sea scroll era. Only in to modern English. As it follows along in the same style in some parts as the Koran, with the same people appearing in both especially in the New Testament, it shows some must take as Gospel, pun intended. Know what you are saying about History, that however is modern day stuff. My daughter did a degree in History and she had to pick out an era to write a thesis on, she chose the Hitler years. She is now 50 years of age so assume her son may also know and pass on. Cheers John S

5. Likes N/A, Charlie Hannah, alf corbyn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Whats the betting that K/Rudd is the next Sec. Gen. of the U.N. What does he hope to bring to such a meeting of supposedly leaders of various countries. What credability they have , they should be careful of maintaining. JS

Heaven help us if he does, can you just imagine Pink Batts in the roof af the building a hall out the back and who knows what other crap. But listening to a spokesman for UN the general opinion is that one from the EU will be the next.
    As for history, no matter what is air brushed from history it will not remove the fact it occured. The Hun in the EU does not like the ouutcome of both world wars so attempts to ignore it. Apparently the slant eyes have doen the same with history books there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes George, N/A, alf corbyn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Hawken View Post
    Fouro,they never did like us,especially the French. That goes back to Agincourt,the first time we upset them. This Country has better friends on the other side of the Atlantic than the other side of the North Sea.I don't just mean the USA. There is another big Country over there called Canada. I mean the People rather than the Governments.
    Colin I'm of the opinion that no government likes the people, even the ones that voted them in.
    John Albert Evans

9. Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ask a Nazi did they murder millions in death camps/ ask the Japanese were they cruel to prisoners/ ask the Christians about the crusades / the Vikings that sacked/ the romans that took us as slaves/ the list goes on and on these are the things that should be taught in schools so the next generation would do something about it? how can we make a decent future if we don't learn anything from the past this is the true history of the past no holds barred good or bad teach it man is the cruellest animal on the planet and always will be till we finally do each other in?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a link to the GCSE History syllabus from EDEXCEL, which sets out the content that students studying for a GCSE in history have to learn. From a quick look through it does appear pretty comprehensive. EDEXCEL are the examining body for England and Wales? For Scotland I guess the SQA will set the content.
    www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse09/history/b/Pages/default.aspx If the link does not work then just Google "GCSE History Syllabus.
    rgds
    JA

12. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that is pretty comprehensive , and without moving period to periods throughout varying Reigns , that shows historical development including the effects of Wars . I expect the Belgium one to have had a short piece on war , I mean how long did it take to surrender ?
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

gray_marian Guest

#20, Richard, 'knickers in a knot'
    I always assumed quite a few on here went commando

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast