Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a strange happening

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default a strange happening

3 years ago my 90 year old mother in law was in hospital in south shields .........she had a heart attack and because of her age the prognosis was not good ........pat and I went up to shields and stayed by her bedside after 3 or 4 days she came around and asked for to watch the telly........at the same time my own mother was in a home in borobridge ......she had alzhiemers and was not good.........my mothers maiden name was lilian cram.......in the hospital in shields we could not get the tellyto work for pats mum .....we askedthe staff if there was anyone to help ,,,,,along came a young lady woo said you put in your debit card and then your name say you were called lilian cram.......my wife felt the hairs on her neck stand up.........on telling me the story I also felt that way ,,,,,,,,pat asked why did you say that name that is my mother in laws name.....the girl said it just came into my head...........we travelled back to Yorkshire that night and off to bed .....at 2 am the phone rang ..isaid to pat be careful you no your mum is not well.......she passed the phone to me and I was informed my mam had just died......this is as god is my witness and I still cannot believe it happened

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: a strange happening

It is a strange World out there Cappy , Many years ago , I worked for myself , too many hours drove me back to the grindstone of working for someone else , I woke in the night and knew I had had a Vision , not a dream , I woke my wife up and told her by Friday the van was a write Off , but I knew what to do to live , she told me I was an idiot , That Friday , on rounding a bend , the Screen was a White out with early morning sun , I hit the brakes , as per the vision and hit an eight wheel tipper , the tailgate was less than a foot from my face . There was a lot of detail that I had told her and all was there . If things can be predicted , then there must be a plan , then there must be a planner
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Shipmates,I have had many of these , But wont' tell or talk about them, One I will is about a ex merchant seaman a Donkeyman told to me by his wife, Her husband had been ill for a few years .and was getting worst laying on they bed for a afternoon rest, he saw her brother in the corner of the room? he had passed some years before, I when to the funeral,He was waveing at him he said to his wife thats your terry calling me, she told him he was seeing things? he passed that night... My wife and myself were on hols in spain at the time and out of the blue she said something was wrong with him ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had a few occurances like that,
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Six years ago my mother in law, then 96, was in hospital in Ireland. We knew she was on the way out but it was a question of when. Sitting watching TV we heard a crash and on investgation found a large photo of her and her husband, died in 1969, had fallen from the wall. Five minutes later a phone call to say the mother in law had passed away only minutes earlier. On the day of her funeral the glass on another pohoto of her cracked for no apparent reason. Messages from the grave??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    My wife has had experiences that would scare the s%#t out of you but that is not what this is about.
    When living in NZ in the 60s we had decided to drive down to the Coramandle coast the next day, that night i had a dream that we were following a truck full of logs up this hill when it turned over on top of us
    Never gave it another thought but the next day we were driving to Coramandle and I knew we had a fair hill around the next corner, as I turned I saw a big logging truck up ahead, I turned around and drove back, my wife wanted to know why and I told her about the dream, believe it or not that truck tipped over on a bend in the hill.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi guys. I've never experienced anything like that, and I hope I never do.
    Colin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

December 13 1953,
    60 years ago this coming Friday.
    I was on the New Zealand Star in East London, South Africa,
    We went to the Beach and Ken Hignett of Mill Road Birkenhead could not swim , he was swept away , I went after him and we were swept further out to sea in a big swell and rough seas. I stayed with him and he eventually died and I lost his body. He was washed up five days later, I had come out of hospital after being saved by David Brinton a South African lad. and then we sailed for NZ, I never met David Brinton.

1. After the voyage some unbelievable things began to happen...............

AFTER THE VOYAGE,

When I arrived home three months later I went to see Ken`s sister Molly in Birkenhead, a nice young lady, and she wanted to know what had happened, the Ship owner just tells the basic, "Your Ken is dead, drowned", as brief as that. I think she felt a little better knowing what happened and how we had struggled to save him. They had just suffered a couple of tragedies in the family as well around the same time.
    Then some strange happenings which are hard to believe but are true.

I was home for a few days when I was awakened one night by my bedroom door opening and shutting, Ken was stood at my bedside, he offered me a ciggy, it was silent , he never spoke, then my mother shouted to me, "What are you doing out of bed," The door opened and shut again, He was gone. I told her what I had seen, She had heard the door. The next night I threw my little brother out of his bedroom and I went into his, and he into mine. The next night I had the same performance and mother heard the door opening and shutting again. he was there at the bed side and offered me a ciggy, mother shouted and then he was gone. It felt as though he was trying to say, Thanks.

Three years later October 1956, I was in East London again in the Eastern Cape, on the Dunedin Star, only had a couple of hours before we sailed again, I went to a cemetery to find his grave, I searched all over then I met a man who was just sitting on a bench, he said , “Who are you looking for “, I told him, “Ken Hignett”, he said " You are in the wrong cemetery, he is on the other side of town in the East Cemetery". Then he said , "My son saved a lad that day", I said , "Is he David Brinton,?" he said "Yes".. so I said , "I am the lad he saved". I was stunned, and I walked away and left him, I failed to ask for his address..
    I had to get back to the ship, I was amazed that I had gone 7000 miles to the wrong cemetery and the only person I saw was the father of the lad who saved my life three years earlier.

For a few years I tried to find David Brinton to thank him for saving my life. I wrote to the South African newspapers, including East London`s Daily Dispatch. but to no avail.
    A lady in East London wrote to me and said the family had gone to live in the Orange Free State but no address.
    I phoned the Salvation Army in Johannesburg, they have a fantastic tracing people reputation, but they referred me to London. I tried them and was told they only trace family members. I told them the story and asked if they could make an exception, I also told them I was a member of the Salvation Army when I was a lad, a "Little Sunbeam". no less. Taken there by my Grandmother.
    They said they would see what they could do. The only information I had was, he was 15 years old in 1953 and his name, David Brinton. Africa is a big place to trace people with that amount of information .
    In 2001, I decided to go to East London to try to find him myself. it was a quest I knew I had to do before it was too late.
    Two days before we were sailing to Cape Town on the QE2, in October, 2001, the telephone rang, it We sailed to Cape Town on QE2 stayed one night and then we flew to East London to find Ken`s grave.
    We checked into a hotel and a South African family who had read my emails on the internet met us and took us to the cemetry.Th We found the grave, the cemetery was silent, not a sound. As we approached the grave, the screams that started to come out of the grave were terrible, I was shocked, Anne `s face turned white and was visibly shocked. My South African friends turned white and quickly walked away. The noise of a demented soul, we walked back and it stopped, silent. As we walked forward again the noise started again. There were no words, just an out of this world noise, which had a meaning like,….. “Why have I been here so long, why has no one been to see me and so on.” I could walk into and out of this sound like walking in and out of a large bubble over the grave, his spirit was definitely there and in anguish as if he was tied there with no escape.
    I laid a Merchant Navy wreath that I had brought from England, on his grave. I got my camera but it would not work, nothing. So I got my video camera and that would not work, I very upset and disturbed by all these happenings, It should have been a happy day, that I had found him and laid a wreath on the grave.
    We got into my friends car and went back to the hotel, the camera worked, the video camera worked, nothing wrong with them. The conversation was very quiet, everyone was stunned at what they had heard at the grave side.
    Two days later my friends were taking us to the Airport to fly to Port Elizabeth, to join a coach to do the `Garden Route tour`, I was not happy and very disturbed, it should not be like this.
    I could not go home not knowing what was going on there. So I told my friends to go back to the cemetery. They took us there but refused to go into the cemetery
    When we got back to the grave, all was silent and peaceful. I took the photos, the camera worked and also the video camera worked. Then a strange thing happened, the ink on the card on the Merchant Navy Wreath began to run as if it was wet, even tho` it had been laminated and it was a warm sunny day, It just happened as I stood and watched and then it became unreadable, a very strange experience.
    He had gone, gone to Fiddlers Green, where all good Sailors go.
    I felt good again as if a load had been taken off my shoulders. Ken had been released from the grave, the trip had been worth while
    In 2002 I had a phone call from Esther Rantzen, she wanted me to go on her show on TV in London BBC Studios.
    During the show I was introduced to David Brinton the lad who had saved my life. A fantastic experience, to be able to thank him at last after 48 years for saving my life.
    After the show we went into the Green room for a drink. I told him I had met his father in the Cemetery.
    He asked, when was this
    I said October 1956. he said his father was killed in October 1956 in a car crash. So was he a ghost as well?
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 9th December 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

as rob said if there is a plan then there is a planner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had at least 2 experiences similar. Both have put up before. One was a fireman dying on a ship and being buried by the previous crew. Was 2nd. mate on this ship and funny things happening throughout the voyage. Bridge and E,R, phones ringing at weird times with nobody using. On passage from Fremantle to Bombay came to at 2200 hrs. with someone leaning over the bunk, rolled over put light on and no one there. I had previously been sorting out all the old scrap log books. and rechecking for previous voyage this bloke had died and been buried at sea in the exact position we were at, at the time of the visitation. The previous second mate sewing him up. All the weird things seemed to stop after that. Certainly left me shaken ( but not stirred). I am open to anything like that. When staying with grandparents in Kingston during the war I am too young really to have a good recollection of, but remember they always referred to this when there was a loud banging at the door and one of my Uncles was shouting to be let in. Going to door no one there, a few weeks later at this time Singapore fell, and Uncle was missing in action. Was 6 years before it was confirmed he was dead. My Grandmother was a medium and a strong believer in some of the after life stuff. I have an open mind. However I am sure others have experienced being in a strange place and turning a corner know what you are going to see before you ever do, that has happened to me quite a few times. Cheers John S.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast