Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a strange happening

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: a strange happening

Another more latterly was in 1993 shortly after my Father died. Both my parents had been out a few months before for a holiday out here in Oz. I was still working and before going back went round to my sisters where they were staying to say cheerio. My old man took me to one side and said he wouldnt see me again and all the last farewell bits, told him I would see him the following year. Sure enough he passed away when got back to UK. My sister reckoned she was getting visitations from him at night. During the day the rocking chair he used to sit on would start and move. She had two angel ornaments on her sideboard and every time she came into the room in the morning these two ornaments had been turned to face the wall. She got very agitated about this and went to see a spiritualist, she was told it was my father who was playing games with her and not to take any notice. After a time they did stop. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of strange things but one which i cant explain.Me and my brother married two sisters so whether this was todo with my wifes family or our family i dont know.Anyway the four of us went for a drink and then back to our place to finish off the night.They went home and we went to bed the next thing something was running around the bedroom.What was strange about it was it sounded like a large dog being pulled back on a lead the dog having large nails and scraping them against a floor with lino on,the strange thing was the floor had carpet on it.I got up and searched the room i thought a rat had got in,nothing to be found.I met my brother the following week,he said to me "after I left you last week and went to bed" i interupted him and said I know what you going to say,good enough exaclty the same thing happened in his bedroom at the same time.I said to him what did you do,he said I got under the bedclothes.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

a number of years ago my wife and i were visiting my sister in birkdale, she is into the circles and faith healing. she had a get together with friends one night and we were all sitting around the living room. the rug on the floor was a green shag. my wife was wearing a ring with emeralds in it. at the height of the conversation my wife started searching in the green rug, she said she had heard one of the stones fall onto the shag. sure enough she found it. a few days later we were having a fairwell lunch, just four of us at the table, when my wife looked at me and asked what that glow was that was around my head. my sister just looked at me and stated, " oh thats just mum saying goodbye". strange, hard to explain.
    stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Realising that there is something beyond this life is quite reassuring , but I am very wary of spiritualists and the ilk , When my wife was ill , we tried a few faith healers , one out of five appeared genuine in my late wife's opinion whenever the lady's hands went near her , in the area of the cancer , without touching she felt a warmth . One insisted that Jesus was in the room and was surprised we could not see him , I believe amongst the genuine lies a mountain of imposters . I worry about the mediums as I have been assured by a friend who is a member of the Magic Circle that there is memory and mind " Magic " involved . If he is not correct , What bothers me is if a good spirit can get through the barrier of that dimension , so can bad ones .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

gray_marian Guest

On the day of my Father's funeral [8yrs this week] we held the "do" afterwards in his local pub, next door!! Family and friends were kindly telling us of their memories of him. An older cousin said Dad all of eighteen and home on leave, in his Army uniform [National Service] had sat her on the draining board beside the kitchen sink aged six and taught her how to whistle.

After the "send off" and back at Mum's house the immeadiate family were talking over the day, when all of a sudden the only gt,grandchild then aged 18mths who was only iust talking, began to whistle!..... Daft as it sounds, it brought us great comfort
    Last edited by gray_marian; 9th December 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

a strange happening.when I was on the rialto (a Wilson boat) on the first trip to india some of the catering staff were having a séance in the messroom and asked me if I wanted to be join them I said no I don't believe in it anyway they started it .so I went into the w/c next to the messroom (these ships had no outside alleyways on them ) so I put a pillow slip on a sweeping brush and leaned through the porthole with it and tapped on there porthole with it after many screams and going to fill me in they said you shouldn't mess with the spirits so I said ye ok taking no notice of them ,then a few days later went to use the same w/c stood the there using it when all at once the dead light dropped just missing my head(at the time the sea was like a pancake) when I got home I met my future wife and she belived in it all (it made me think about it )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

xmas time every year for the past god knows how many years, Always,s New Years day morning. I awake flat on the bed on my back fully clothed suite, shirt, tie, shoes and socks, Like someone has laid me out Then I have an out of body experience, I can see myself floating around the deck head looking down at myself on my bunk. Mind you I was always on the scotch till about 5am.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like my old man. Every New Years Eve without fail used to drop all pretence of appearing sober. His party piece was Haggety Murphy, and before passing out was Danny Boy. He never suffered from hangovers however, perhaps he should have. Cheers John S.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This happened in Changi jail 1944 one of the guys in one of the cells woke up during the night screaming that he was going to die after he was quieteddown things got back to normal but two days later this same guy was found dead in one of the yards where the toilets were .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a more serious note. When my old man passed away, Quite a few lads on the site can confirm this as they knew him as they do me. I had the misfortune of picking him up as he dropped dead in front of me. Great way to go for him, But awful for the rest of the family. After having him laid out at home for a week or so came the day of his funeral the room emptied out and there was just me and my dear old mam left in the room. Anything else you would like put in with him before we take him he asked my mam, In the corner of the room where his favourite slippers which one of the grandkids bought him they had little trains on the side as he finished his working life with British Rail after working L,pool docks most of his life. He went everywhere in them his morning paper, the local shops, Watering his plants, ETC.. My dear old mam said OH put his slippers on him he wore them to go everywhere. So I did and that was that never mentioned it to anyone or gave it another thought me or my mam. A few months later my old mam was having a bad time sleeping and settling in the house I would get phone calls 2-3 am will you come and have a cup of tea with me, Anyway she moved to sheltered accommodation before she passed herself but while she was there she was asked by a friend to go to see a spiritualist it may calm her or she may get a message. So off she goes sitting in the audience and the spiritualist asked has anyone lost a husband Norman !!!!!!! My mam said nothing he is hear and he is laughing he wants to know why he is dressed in his best blue suite and wearing slippers. No one new that other than me and my mam. Yes its a strange old world Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2