Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The PANTO. Is this the begining of the end of another British Tradition.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: The PANTO. Is this the begining of the end of another British Tradition.

JUST PANTO: Traditionally performed at Christmas, with family audiences, British pantomime continues as a popular form of theatre, incorporating song, dance, buffoonery, slapstick, cross-dressing, in-jokes, topical references, audience participation, and mild sexual innuendo. k.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: The PANTO. Is this the begining of the end of another British Tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    He's behind you!!1
    Obviously some are not ! http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/j...pantomime.html
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 7th December 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am taking the Grandchildren next week to a touring company called the saltmine theatre company http://www.saltminetrust.org.uk/cont...101&Itemid=307 they appear all over the country , i have seen five or six of their productions all are excellent .

For men dressed as women and women dressed as boys , I take the kids to Brighton
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, reading your post it seems to say that for morality purposes some have deemed not fit to show. This refers to the so called cross dressing. If that is so how can anyone be so two faced when you get cross dressers prancing around the streets for people who do not wish to view including children. There seems to be at least 2 laws regarding homosexuality one is alright if shown publicly, but for theatre audiences this is corrupt when acted by hetrosexuals. I am scratching my head wondering if I have misread this post. If I am right it beggars belief. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didnt realize what a commotion this post has caused.
    What my intention was to highlight that the minority PC Brigade are trying to control such inocent things like a childrens Panto.
    If anyone reads anything other than that then thats their problem.
    I better stick to quizzes in future.

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No JAE , I got it , does that mean I win a prize ? . The PC Brigade will have us all eventually we will become light brown skinned people of indeterminable sex unable to speak English , but looking on the bright side we will all get a council house with benefits . I used to love Pantomime at Sheffeild Lyceum , a very old building then , it was if I remember a local Bus Trip , a tour of te Peak District then a Panto , Fish and Chips , not on the coach , on the way home , Dames and Principle boys left me not confused , although one ofhe dames always reminded me of an aunt of mine
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think it is not before time that some of these minority groups were put in their place. They seem to control the thoughts and morals of the populance. What I can see of these groups are a bent and corrupt lot themselves. There seems to be a situation now where families are told how to bring up their own children. Take almost every semblance of authority away from parents. What has happened to government to permit such stupid laws to even exist. It must seem like some to be some nightmare where the world has been overrun by aliens from another planet. Which is probably the way some of these minority groups think in any case , out of this world. Why cant we have leaders with a bit of gumption and at least a little bit of sense. John Sabourn

john sutton Guest

VERY INTERESTING FACTS ! !

Dead Penguins - I never knew this!

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica. Where do they go?
    Wonder no more ! ! !
    It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave.

mime-attachment.jpg

and sing:

Music Notes

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

You really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you?

I am sorry, an urge came over me that made me do it!!!

Oh quit whining ... I fell for it too!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know this is not pantomime but what about this for people imposing their way of life on us the British people.
    "Sharia Law" trio jailed for city attacks.Three thingie converts who attacked members of the public as part of "a patrol against Western culture"were jailed yesterday.they roamed East London trying to impose sharia law.they threatened a couple in Bethnal Green yelling "This is a thingy area,let go of each others hands,this is your last f/ng warning.they attacked a group in Shoreditch taking beer off them assaulting and threatening to stab them.One was jailed for 68weeks 0ne for 24 weeks and one for a year.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, "Panto" will never die ? where would the out of work actors and actress do in the slow season? its a great tradition to tell stories to children and adults,. many of them are tales from history or famous books. Long may the "panto season last" or O yes it will....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast