Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Aid money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Aid money

yuck! Blair-what a poser with madame Blair making a fortune on human rights etc.
    There are some nice deep lakes near his ex. constituency that the pair of them should have been dropped in.
    rgds
    JA

leratty Guest

The setting up of charities for the avoidance of tax is an old chestnut I am afraid. I worked for a real odd ball in the late 70's he was an Aus though US citizen as had lived there for the most part since the end of WW2. He had one which was a religious order called "The Apostles of....." something or rather. He was apparently a Vatican Knight...? It the religious order somehow was able to pay no tax in US-Aus or anywhere it operated & was used for businesses as varied as car importing, rubber importing, production of religious tape-CD + selling there of, a radio station, a mining Co along with other varied manufacturing retail Co's + property interests. The mining Co had projects, all quite small by mining standards in some pretty odd spots on the African Continent. The one I was involved with was a bauxite mine & the end product when it was commissioned was being sold to Romania when Ceausecu was the man. We only found out when we saw some contract that had been signed with that name on it, I mean the charity. You should Brian have seen the Romanian registered ships, old bulkers & large cargo ships no one in their right mind would put to sea on. A senior manager at H.O. in L.A. told us when on site & got soused. The man in question would zip in & out looking like Howard Hughes & lived in secrecy like him too. You would never cross him as he had immense power in so many areas we were told. All in all an interesting 18 months one not to be repeated, though memories of exit visas, living in fear of your life most of the time as we were so remote with little outside communication. The rag tag army would run in & out 24/7 taking what they wanted down to vehicles . We were all young, inexperienced as to this sort of thing so just completed the job as fast as possible & got the f... out of there never to take a job on with his Co's again.
    Last edited by leratty; 4th December 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try this Richard Apostles / Knights are referenced here http://www.kofc.org/un/en/columbia/detail/57976.html , The Late James Saville Kiddie Fiddler of Leeds was a Papal Knight KCSG Knight Commander of St Gregory the Great
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian I believe parliament is the biggest charity going. The members all recieve charity paymenst, must be that as they do no work for the money, all paid for by your taxes at work. So if you want to do your bit for theses hard up souls just keep paying tax on your pension.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Today the Government is in Debt
    The figure is so big I cannot say it.
    1,230,450,000,000,000. Osbourne on Tv at 1115 today is telling us we have to make more cuts up to 3,00,000,000
    He is still throwing Billions in aid to all the Bums of the world.
    Don't they Understand, if you give your money away and borrow more money to give away then you are going to get in Debt.
    Where were these idiots educated,? a schoolboy would know that simple fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I always thought if you have not got it you can't give it? the African continent should be the richest place on the planet they have it all everything they could need so why are people starving? stop all aid and they will stop their tribal ways and live together?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We give aid to 185 countries.
    Not one of them have a Debt as big as ours, So that proves just how Daft and stupid Cameron is.
    We give aid to countries who are our enemies.
    We even give aid to Tahiti, a French Province. a virtual paradise.
    I am convinced now that a bunch of unreformed alcoholics are now ruining this country, If you were sober you can see sense now and again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Shipmates, Hi rob Page, Jimmy the perv Saville ,was a papal knight and he had the order of st gregory medal, these awards are giving for charity work, funds all the fun runs he did, and money for stoke mandervile hospital he raised. Many millions of pounds . He was not a member of the knights of Columbus thats a American group.... or "The knights of St columba " british wales or scotland branch...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jimmy was a friend of ours, he invited Anne and I to stay wih him in his home in Scotland. Never knew he was bent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You would have been safe Brian you are at least sixty years out of his age range . He used to travel to Jersey via Sealink , his driver was distinctly odd , I understand he has been pulled into the inquiry now
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast