Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jfk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jfk.

Hell, its happened again, that should have read Mclaren for the surname.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Officers steward on the Windsor Castle, down in the main bar getting some beers for engineers coming off watch when we heard the news.
    A couple of new books, and theories, about how and who killed him. Oddest thing I think was Jack Ruby being able to shoot dead L.H. Oswald where he did. Odd tht a person accused of killing the President would be allowed to be in a situation where another crim could kill him, and whay did J. Ruby have a gun on him if he was aslo in police custody at the time?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    the American navy jets would fly over very close to who you were between hong kong and Singapore you could make out the huge bombers going over jets were so close you could make out the pilots we gave them the v sign always.jp
    Flying this route at night on Cathay Pacific action below in Vietnam was evident.
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was on the Durham Trader mid Pacific on our way to Japan, all sat in the port alleyway, picking chicken carcass that the cook had passed us out, when someone stuck his head round the corner to announce the shooting, 10 month trip KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Officers steward on the Windsor Castle, down in the main bar getting some beers for engineers coming off watch when we heard the news.
    A couple of new books, and theories, about how and who killed him. Oddest thing I think was Jack Ruby being able to shoot dead L.H. Oswald where he did. Odd tht a person accused of killing the President would be allowed to be in a situation where another crim could kill him, and whay did J. Ruby have a gun on him if he was aslo in police custody at the time?
    John according to the book i refered to yesterday Jack Ruby spent a lot of time in and out of the police station, he was a night club owner and very freindly with all the cops used to deliver snacks to them all the time.

7. Thanks happy daze john in oz, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref post 20, i saw the doccu on that theory Charlie, the bullet that blue his head wide open was from an exploding bullet , shot from the following security car with an automatic weapon by accident, and the theory is that is why there was a big cover up by the police and security services. Was interesting programe, KT

9. Likes Charlie Hannah liked this post
    leratty Guest

I was en route to Curacao from Panama as an app though was off watch. Everyone was stunned, I think most thought a war was going to start. Me I was naive really did not understand the whole thing. Saw the funeral whilst in Curacao still can see the little Kennedy saluting his fathers coffin. He ended up dying in a strange way loosing his equilibrium in a light aircraft & not trusting his instruments something when learning to fly is drummed into you with some force, "trust your instruments not your instincts."
    There is more than we know as to Jack Ruby & the murdering of LHO in the police station one day maybe the truth to all of the assassination will come out.
    Roberts assassination for me was more real, horrific as live on TV. My god it is as clear now as it was then. The look on his dying face with the colour draining from it whilst lying on the kitchen floor his head being propped up is there as clear as clear can be for me.
    Last edited by leratty; 24th November 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Ref post 20, i saw the doccu on that theory Charlie, the bullet that blue his head wide open was from an exploding bullet , shot from the following security car with an automatic weapon by accident, and the theory is that is why there was a big cover up by the police and security services. Was interesting programe, KT
    Thats correct Keith, the bulletts from Lee Harvey's gun were steel coated made to cause minimum damge while the soft headed bullett explodes inside the target to cause maximum damage!Also the round nose full metal jacket,bullit measures 6.5mm whereas The .223 hollow point round 5.56,this is the one that blew the back of his head off.The book is well worth reading.
    Last edited by Charlie Hannah; 25th November 2013 at 01:44 AM.

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Oswald rifle was an Italian Fucile di Fanteria Modello 91/38 manufactured at the Royal Arms Factory in Terni, Italy, in 1940. Its serial number identified it as the single weapon of its type made with that number. The so-called Model 91 bolt action rifle had been introduced in 1891 by Salvatore Carcano for the Turin Army Arsenal. After 1895, the Modello 91 used an en bloc ammunition clip similar, but not identical, to the Austrian Mannlicher ammunition clips, and hence the names of Carcano and Mannlicher associated with the Oswald rifle

. The ammunition used in the clip was the 6.5x52mm Cartuccia Modello 1895 rimless cartridge , also sometimes called Mannlicher-Carcano ammunition, after the rifle designer and the general type of clip it used.
    In 1938, the basic Model 91 long rifle design was discontinued in favor of a new short rifle design, the Model 38, with a new type of ammunition: a spitzer-pointed 7.35x51mm round. The 7.35mm M38 was manufactured from 1938-1940. In 1940, with the war well under way and unable to stockpile sufficient amounts of 7.35x51mm ammunition, the short rifles were re-designated Modello 91/38, and were again manufactured to fire the original round-nosed 6.5x52 mm ammunition.

The serial-numbered C2766 rifle, sent to Oswald as a surplus "Italian carbine" in 1963, was a short rifle of this type, manufactured for the 6.5x52mm cartridge. The 6.5mm Carcano M91/38 was only manufactured for one year, 1940, and discontinued in favor of a new 6.5mm long rifle, the M91/41, which was made until the end of the war.

The cartridges that Oswald used were standard Italian Army issue M91 6.5 x 52mm Carcano part of a batch made in 1949 by the Western Cartridge Company in East Alton Il. They were made for the government of Greece as part of US military aid during the Greek civil war. They were commonly available on the surplus market during the early 1960's. They were packed in typical american 20 round boxes of white cardboard.
    162 grain round nose full metal jacket bullet
    2300 ft/sec muzzle velocity
    1800 ft-lbs muzzle energy
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

14. Thanks happy daze john in oz, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Charlie Hannah liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Am halfway through a book about the slaying of JFK and one very believable theory was it was a cover up. The third bullet was or could of been fired accidentally by the Agent who had the high velocity rifle in the Presidents Body guard who was in the following car. This was the killing round and took half his brain away. The Warren enquiry was full of flaws and witnesses who should of taken the stand didn't. The crap put out by the media about Russian spies etc. was just that and about norm for the press, which was further aggravated by the Dallas police who did nothing to stop this rumour. So in that sense of the word was a cover up for a tragic accident. If such is true I would hate to think of the burden the firer of the killing shot had for the rest of his life. He is named in the book but never heard any disclaimers to the re-validation of the Warren Enquiry, in this sense it was a cover up. These statements are all true and taken from witnesses accounts, and the author spent more than 4 years uncovering them. Justice American style does not always follow the path of what it should and can be manipulated if so desired. The more recent case of the US football player who killed his wife , an open and shut case, walked away free on a technality, such is justice western style, this also applies to other countries in the west. Cheers JS

16. Thanks happy daze john in oz, Charlie Hannah, N/A thanked for this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast