Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: super strength booze

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default super strength booze

I see on the local news tonight in Portsmouth, the local council has called for all the super strength stuff to be taken off the shelves, interestingly , most of the corner shops have done so, but none of the supermarkets have gone with the system. Brians (kong) son from QA hospital was on, and was backing this system because of the damage caused to these users of super srength booze KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: super strength booze

Hi Keith.
    I didnt see that, we dont get it Up North, He usually tells me when he is coming on TV, iS IT ON sOUTHERN tv? I will try and get it on that thingy the BBC have for seeing progs.
    He has been on a few times doing that. He enjoys a drink but in moderation and he has to try and help patients who have Damaged their Livers and Pancreas.A lot of people in the Portsmouth area do abuse it and it is Killing them.
    It is usualy cheap Vodka and stuff like that.
    Thanks again.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was on BBC South Brian, most of this booze was really cheap and strong lager and ciders, KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith thanks for letting me know, I have just seen it on BBC I Player, it is mostly cheap cider and lagers that is super strong. and killing peolple.
    I took a couple of photos of him. He has probably missed it he doesnt get home until 9pm as he works late every night to try and get through all the appointments.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It reminds me of the pow camp i was in (Loyang )a few of the guys decided that they could make a grog that that would be ok ,so after saving all the scraps of local fruit and other stuff .To cut the story short after a a couple of months or so they tried it (not Me )the Yanks saidit was great it must have when the mossies bit these guys the died instantly Well something like but the reckon it was good but the Japs soon put a stop to it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Loyang... Louis how it must appear to me as a total different place to what you had to endure during the war. To me was a place to sit either at a kerbside café drinking Tiger beer, or if on a company expense account in a hotel where the beer was three times dearer. Spent a lot of time in Loyang either waiting for ships taking ships out or bringing them in. In fact is now an offshore base mainly for the oil industry. May have mentioned this before. Last time there were five and six abreast. A health and Safety Expert would have nightmares trying to get onto the outside vessels. So much for Health and safety only any good for controlled situations and places. Was always dangerous coming back not to drop and break the bottles. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Loyang... Louis not to drop and break the bottles. Cheers John Sabourn
    bet you never dropped one......a mate of mine on a 40 ft yacht ....in his words....I was walkin along the deck with my bottle of brandy ....which I always take with me ...and a large lump of cooked beef ...there was aeffin big bang and a red flash and the explosion blew me over the wall ...and I found myself in the water.....I tried not to panic as I was stunned .....the yacht was sailing away on fire.....a passing coaster came alongside....and dropped me a line ...once aboard I realised I had let go of the beef .....but thank feck I still had the brandy.......my pal was a well known alky and passed away later of the same.......when he told us the story we found it hilarious so did he god bless him
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 21st November 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy He could always have drank the Brandy in the water and used the empty bottle to keep himself afloat, or did he prefer ice in the Brandy. Have to get the priorities right. Anyhow no doubt he probably is wherever he is laughing at us 3 sheets in the wind. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is the Lad on TV last night. Cheers
    What I saw on the TV was that Portsmouth is worse than Bolton for our overseas guests. and what a lot of Plonkies there are.
    Brian.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must have taken after his mother then Brian, much better looking. Cheers John Sabourn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast