Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Climate change?????

I have just recieved this article from a mate in OZ.
    This should be sent to every Poli who wants us to pay more Green Taxes. I have just sent it to 10 DOWNING STREET.
    Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From? Professor Ian Plimer, of Melbourne University, could not have said it better!
    If you've read his book you will agree that this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The recent volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life. I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.
    I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
    Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.
    It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.
    But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th November 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate change?????

I have just recieved an email from 10 Downing Street, I dont think they took any notice.

.The official email of the British Prime Minister

Philippines Typhoon Haiyan
    The UK is providing urgent humanitarian support for up to 800,000 people in the Philippines in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan, which has affected more than 4 million people.

The Disasters and Emergencies Committee (DEC), which brings together 14 of the UK’s biggest charities, has launched an appeal for the victims of the typhoon.

You can donate to the Philippines Typhoon Appeal by visiting the DEC website.

Destruction caused by Typhoon Haiyan to the coastal town of Ormoc city on western Leyte, Philippines. Picture: Arlynn Aquino EU/ECHO.

How the UK is helping
    The UK’s total contribution in response to the disaster stands at £15 million. This will help get food, shelter and clean water to 800,000 people.

The UK will deploy a Royal Navy warship and a RAF military transport aircraft. They will help move vital humanitarian aid and large equipment to where it is needed.

Further UK support will include:

flights delivering 4x4s, forklift trucks, water purification kits and cutting equipment to flood hit areas
    deployment of a team of 12 NHS staff trained to operate under emergency conditions
    provision of temporary shelters, bedding, blankets and solar lanterns
    The Department for International Development has sent humanitarian experts to the Philippines to help coordinate the international response and ensure the protection of vulnerable women and children is prioritised.

Prime Minister David Cameron said:

"We've all seen the appalling devastation wrought by Typhoon Haiyan, with heart breaking scenes played across our TV screens. The Disasters Emergency Committee Appeal launch is a vital step to ensure aid agencies can provide essential relief to those most affected by this unprecedented disaster.

"I am proud that the British public have always shown an unfailing generosity for helping those in need and I know their response to this appeal will be no different."

More information
    Donate to the Philippines Typhoon Appeal through the DEC website.
    Typhoon Haiyan: latest updates on UK aid.

Connect to Number 10 Website Twitter YouTube Flickr Facebook
    Unsubscribe unsubscribe
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th November 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An awful lot of people know this Brian, but are shouted down by those ignoramuses the usual panic merchants. I remember in certain ports in Oz the ship was fined for funnel smoke in port. This was not for climate change but for pollution in the town. That Alf bloke the failed US president, imagine him being in power, often wonder if he would hold the same fallacies (Gore think his name was )Must have been hard up for a job at the time. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What happened to all those holes in the stratosphere a few years ago in South Polar regions, was supposed to be the end of everything seems they have healed up and no one wants to talk about the wrong so called scientific info. put out mainly by you know who. They the scientific community have proved nothing except that they are no experts in Climate change which no one disputes whatever the media put out about unbelievers. They treat the general public as idiots at times. John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2.. Should have put a ps on that x millions had also been given to India to assist them in the space race ..All that waste could have been passed on to the Phillipines for Humantarian aid. Nice of him to keep in personal touch though, getting near to elections or what. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They blame the Typhoon in the Philipines on global warming, they had a `phone in` on the radio here, the other day about Green Taxes and climate change.
    I was surprised at the number of people saying that they are happy to pay more in Green Taxes on their heating and lighting to Combat Climate Change and prevent another Typhoon..
    as Shakespear once said, "What Fools These Mortals be".
    Brian
    PS , Yes what happened to those giant holes in the stratosphere over the Antarctic. ???
    Maybe the increase in Taxation healed them up.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 14th November 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have listened to both sides of this discussion for almost twenty years , We installed every energy , carbon saving device in the factory that I could squeeze onto the budget . Then we made good money trading the carbon losses . I am all for cutting down on the use and waste of Freon and carbon , but there is a vast industry out there trading on the subsidies . Wind farms are less efficient than a fireman after a night in Delmonico's but , the subsidy thay attract is a huge earner . That is what makes me suspicious , when bribes get paid , is this the real World
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man has certainly made his mark on this planet, just look at the amount of rubbish floating around in the Oceans, but that is nothing to do with climate change. As the good professor points out the amount of CO2 spewed out by volcanos amounts to far more than man has ever done and those carbon atoms in the atmosphere are the building blocks for all animal and plant life on the planet. Maybe we are warming up but most likely it is just part of the circle of life.
    As for grren taxes, stupid waste of money. If they want to solve the energy crisis just collect the millions of tons of methane gas emitted by cattle and their waste and turn that into energy.
    Many years ago there was a documentary on t.v. of the farm of the future where all this methane gas from the cows **** and its slurry was collected, stored and used to drive the generators to provide light and heat to all of the farm and its equipment.
    rgds
    JA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

that large hole in the southern hemisphere was so that the firms making sun cream could make huge profits spraying people on the beaches and selling it after warning about cancer. so I suppose that now they have made lots of moola plus lots of tax for the pollies, they have closed the hole
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The destruction of the Rain Forests in Brazil, equatorial Africa, Indonesia and so on is also a big problem.
    I have been in Singapore everyone trying to stay inside as the smog takes over everything, visability nil with the thick smoke coming in from Sumatra and Borneo as they cut down the Forests and slash and burn.
    Rain Forests thrive on carbon and pump out oxygen. Reduce the trees and increase the carbon. No one protests against logging. It is Big business.
    You cannot grow a Rain Forest so they make me pay more to keep warm this winter with Green Taxes, maybe that will solve the problem. ?????????????????
    Brian.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast