Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate change?????

Glenn, no one is being critical of you, everyone but everyone is entitled to their own view and thousands died to enable us to have these views. I personally do not think that any of us giving up the use of cars, lights etc etc will make one iota of difference to the way the planet will evolve. If we are guilty of mis-using the planet then I am respectfully assuming that you are as guilty as the rest of us, as you are using generated power to communicate with us, no doubt you will also have electric light, even possibly gas, I know you are using manufactured goods by your very use of a computer, you may even use a car, I assume you are not walking around naked but are wearing manufactured clothes and footwear and probably shop at a supermarket with goods transported there by one means or another, doubt it is horse and cart. So pray tell how we can contribute to saving the planet and which of today's necessities we can dispense with and remain within the law, because as sure as eggs is eggs I am going to get arrested if I go out naked if I am going to start this revolution of not using manufactured goods of any description what so ever, and my weenie is small enough without going out starkers in these current temperatures to minimise it more.

I am not trivialising your comments, but am genuinely interested in the practicalities that we can take to minimise the proposed dire effects of your predictions, I doubt paying green taxes is going to make one iota of difference, they will have as much effect as parading my carbon free naked sagging body.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

glenn we are all entitled to our views.......if I was in my local pub I think I would find your views out of order as you appear to be dictating them ......on any ship I was on you wold have found I think short shrift......we each must make up our own minds .....but bare in mind in the field of gods there are many hundreds of religions ....but all believing in one powerful being .......why do people pray ......possibly as a last resort but that is there choice ......you believe in what you like but if I want to be preached to I would go to church.......which I don't apart for weddings funerals etc.....have enough politicians etc ramming there ideas down my throat .perhaps the site is not the place for some extreme views...regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I seem to have opened a hornets nest with this thread.
    I guess that is good, it creates interest what ever your beliefs.

My view on this is.
    There are too many people now on this planet, we cannot sustain everyone and it is getting worse with each generation.
    The Climate has been changing ever since the earth was formed hundreds of millions of years ago. 10,000 years ago where I live was under 200 feet of ice, that has gone a long time ago before any industry.vehicles or oil or any human activity, Britain was joined to the Continent with ice all across the North Sea and Channel. that disapeared a long time before any human activity. So what has happened to all that ice,
    I was in the Antarctic Continent in 2009, I was speaking to a member of the British AntarcticSurvey Team, He said the Antarctic was Freezing up again.
    Volcanoes are operating constantly every day every year since time began pumping billions of tons of polutants into the atmosphere daily. We cannot plug them or stop them.
    The Human activity with the destruction of the Rain Forests do have a contributing factor, Rain Forests thrive on carbon, they pump out oxigen, they are the lungs of the world. once they are gone then it would be curtains for us all, But No power on earth with Stop it, it is big business.
    I do Not see Global Warming, my house feels a lot colder than it did 50 years ago when I first bought it. even with insulation and double glazed etc. I even had my gas central heating on during the summer on cold days.
    There is the same amount of water on this planet as there was on day one millions of years ago, so increases in sea levels will not happen. I worked it out a couple of years ago, the surface area of the oceans in sq. metres then multiply it by the one metre for the rise, the figure is astronomical, in Trillions and trillions and trillions of cubic metres of water , it cannot happen, there is not enough water ice or even water vapour to do that.
    The Green treehuggers are conning us again.
    The earth can look after itself, All the daft greens in Parliament want is an excuse to make me pay more in taxes , What are they going to do with that money. ??? Give it to India so they can blast space rockets at Mars. That will be a great help.
    Going for break fast now of wheaties,
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 15th November 2013 at 09:47 AM.

Gulliver Guest

Wink Re: Climate change?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi Glenn. I see you are also an unbeliever in god. as you say if there is one he caused all the disasters in the world, (not including wars) and if so why aren't the churches spared?. some might survive earthquakes etc, but only because they are more strongly built. in every disaster you see churches ruined.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe its pretty simple ,the world is becoming far to populated ,we just have to look back in our time too see whats happening , air travel has made the world a much smaller place .it may take another 100 years or even a 1000 but eventually nature will just shrug us all of and start again ,maybe with a different species as to god where was he when children were being abused by so called men of god . and religion trying to hide it . Hawkins stated that we don't need too believe in god anymore as we know how it all started and know how it ill end .tarar lads I,m off for a brewski to drown my sorrows .(glug glug . )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is the Problem with Religion Neville , it often has little to do with the Worship of God
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another BIG Pollutant is Cattle, they produce endless quantities of Methane gases, More than all the vehicles on the road.
    I can just see our Greens in Parliament wanting to put a Green Tax on Milk and on beef. It will come.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is great to have discussions on here , climate change and all the rest. But it would be even better if people did not invent facts to support their case. A few examples are stuff like " we have the same amount of water now as on day one" and " there was no humans around before the last ice age " all preposterous rubbish.
    Sea levels rise when land ice melts not when sea ice melts so comments about the volume of ice being more than that of water are completely irrelevant.
    Strange thing about global warming is that due to the change in ocean currents induced, the UK will actually get colder.
    Climate change aside , fossil fuels are a finite quantity on this earth and in time will get less and less available and more and more expensive. So what is so wrong about trying to conserve what we have.
    volcanoes spew out vast quantities of CO2 gas but is that a reason for us to add to it , some perverse logic going on there I think
    For myself I believe we are in a natural cycle of climate change but man's activities are accelerating it and increasing it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

E
    Eifion, we all get our information from different sources, and we make our own ideas from that, so there is No Need to say, "Preposterous Rubbish", I am quoting from my source of information, you can quote from yours, but it does not make either one of us Right.Time will tell.
    Regarding Water, there is still the same amount of water on the plnet as there was on day one, that includes the liquid water, Ice and steam or water vapour, which ever form it takes you cannot increase the amount of water, only shift it around. and that is a Scientific fact, We cannot create Trillions and trillions of Cubic metres of water, it just isnt there, Just use simple mathematics and work it out.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast