Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate change?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate change?????

Co2 in the earths atmosphere is approximately 330pm.

If you were to take every single human, every single, animal, every single insect and every single living being from planet earth, the planet would still produce 280ppm.

To me its all a big con, so they can tax us.

Many years ago a top environmentalist was going on about the Arctic ice melting and how were all doomed.
    I wrote, pointing out the same ice had melted in 1807, and merchant ships were sailing the North West passage to Japan.
    I am still waiting a response.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You fellows have put your finger on the whole problem. Whiz kids, lobbyists, busybodies, greenies and mental minorities all clamouring for their share of the public purse. These people are so blinded by their own perverse logic that they convince the sheep among us to follow their lead. Then of course the ministers in charge of that purse jump on the bandwagon and add to the hullaballoo and sneak in another crafty tax to pay for their profligacy.
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its certainly up to the individual what you believe, If you believe there is a God then thats pretty stupid too because he would have caused the Big Storm in the Phillipines recently. On the Unknown soldiers tomb it has inscribed (Known Only Unto God) well now do you believe that. Do you believe what the priest tells you in a church and all the Phillipino,s are catholics so why havent the Catholic Roman church handed over a couple of Billion in Aid, you tell me.
    Climate change information by the C.S.I.R.O and the World Research Scientists state that The Temperatures will rise up to 3c by year 3010 and more likely to be 4c which is classed as Catastrophic, the Population is set to decline from 7 Billion people to just One Billion People because of the High Temperatures of year 3010, your Grand children could well be on the recieving end of all of this.
    As i said its up to the individual , if you prefer to believe in a God that causes all of these storms and Earthquakes thats your choice, even people were praying to God after the big Storm well now if the Almighty creater as they would have you believe created the World and the People then why pray tell did he cause all of the disasters. and dont forget he,s supposed to have a file on all of you, do you believe that too.
    Well Id rather take into consideration what Scientists are telling us because at the end of the day whether you pay a few dollars each to have a cleaner planet what difference does it make to your money if climate change is genuine and it all ends.
    As i said your judgement on Govts and Scientists will have a deep and lasting effect on your Grand Children and their children.
    Im not telling anyone what I believe but i will tell you its very inadvisable to be critical of information that cleverer people than us lot.
    Even the Americans and also a Program about a Director of B.H.P are admitting time is against us, and dont forget the Tobacco companie threw billions of Dollars to Politicians so that they told people Smoking didnt cause cancer.
    Shell BP and many mining Companies are also doing the same now yes right now with the Climate change theory.

I know one thing the (GOD) wont save any of you. so id rather have my own personal belief on anything and not be Dictated to by Anyone of any belief including Skeptics, you may well rue the day that Govts were not after your money at all they could be trying to ensure a cleaner planet in the hope of conserving it for your Grand children.
    Animal Life around the World or the lack of it should be telling you something, Alaska the North pole, The Storm off New york and many other very convincing signs.
    Yet cpmpanys such as BP got away with actually ruining the Coastline of America not so long ago. Money is the most evil thing not the Climate change.
    you cannot take it with you.
    Wisdom is also anther very valueble asset to have moreso than money. Glenn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A cheif scientist retired here last year and wrote an article in the paper, 'the figures we usde to produce facts for the gov were taken to the extreme, had we not done so we may well have had our funding cut'.
    The prof from Melbourne Uni got it right as did the top UK scientist here on SBS TV when he said take the politics out of it and what do you have, very little.
    In the 50's there was a period of extreme weather across Europe, the 'Bomb' was balmed for that. Then in the late 60's we were told the 70's would bring about a mini ice age, mid 70's we had some of the hottest weather for years. In the 80's we were told to stop using CFC as it was putting a hole in the Ozone layer. Now scientists tell us the opening and closing of this hole occurs naturaly each year.
    We were told here in Oz that if the icebergs melt sea levels in Oz would rise by over one meter, no mentuion of the rest of the world.
    Then one lad, a young school boy got on to talk back radio when one of these Green Richard Craniums was talking about armgaedon if we did not do some thisng and th elad said.
    'We have been told at school that when water freezes it expands, if that is true then when it melts it will take up less room not more'.

The Green monster did not reply and changed the subject.
    All of this talk of Global Warming is very suspect hearing today that last year was the hottest ever recorded across the globe, but as one reporter pointed out 'Global' records have only been kept since 1948, prior to that it was individual countries and some of them were very suspect.
    Politicians work on the theory 'we know what is best for you' well the fact is they know stuff all when it comes to it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glenn I respect your views on all of this vexing problem. The western area of Victoria known as the Mallee and the Wimmera on the edge of which you live was known as a limited farming area. Forty odd years ago I travelled the area as a sales rep. I recall that sheep and wheat were the staple produce. According to a very good ABC programme, namely Country Wide, in recent times a greater diversity of agricultural investment has produced bumper alternate crops. Should this be seen as nature, when left alone providing; or the creativity of mankind? After all if indeed global warming and climate change are such a menace how could this be happening in an area of semi desert ? Should it not be going backwards?
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 appropriate number, as Fraser would say 'We are all doomed Mr Mannering, Aye I tell ye we are all doomed' On this note may I be the first to wish you all a Happy Christmas !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I said believe what ever you like, But dont be critical of me Ive just quoted what is going on, you are quite entitled to question anything, even the God whom people pray too, personally that is the biggest lie of all times about somebody the human race has never ever met. I also never mentioned the area where I live at all i was talking about the rest of the World, i knew all of those things would come up, As i said before your Grand children and their children will learn the facts not you.
    People prayed on the Titanic but they still went to the bottom of the Ocean.
    As far as one member just mentioned about crops, up my way already frosts have reduced quite a number of crops to nothing.
    We are also down to the halfway mark as far as our water Reservoirs are concerned . but thats just this Area, at Present two thirds of Queensland is under drought conditions.
    You may call it nature or climate change it doesnt matter to me.
    On the face of most things the Arrogance of the Human Race will ensure those who think they are cleverer than their fellow human being will have a very hard lesson to learn.Ive never been Politically infuenced by anybody but the evidence of climate change or Global Warming is there for your perusal all over the place.
    Obviously the Human Race thinks its superior to all the Animal species around the World, Lions Elephants and many other species are on the way out, in Alaska the polar bears will be no more as they struggle with Global warming in Alaska of which you can easily find out.
    We have never been in a more Selfish World where the human race is responsible for the absolute wrecking of this Planet.
    Ill say it once more its everyones choice what they believe in.
    Im certainly not at all surprised by any of it.
    You know have a Nation (Australia) that has rejected any notion of Climate change. where does that leave your Grandchildren and their kids. Dont listen to me there is plenty of Good information around. Briiliant people that are not interested in money or power. Glenn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

all this climate change we all live on an ever changing planet we blame co2 and other gasses? now just a thought why did we have an ice age the earth warmed up no planes or ships or cars around then? creatures that roamed the earth died out why no one hunted them? the UK was a tropical forest that's why we are built on coal? forest fires in OZ how much oxygen was burned up but the tree huggers will not let deforestation go ahead? its all a part of the history of the earth . granted we could do more to try and make the earth healthy again but not the stupid red tape that people are coming up with? we are paying tax to save the earth but how much of that tax goes to it I bet not much. so to all the doom merchants enjoy a good sunrise/ sunset but don't pin it down to gasses we breath them in every day?{that's my morning moan over} all have a nice day I will jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think there is no doubt that our climate is changing, and we are probably assisting this process, but what can be done?, we are just another species living on this earth, and we are not all powerful, if you believe we have the power to control the weather, then you must have strong beliefs, and i applaud you. If you cannot get a group of people to sit down and agree on nuclear problems, such as has recently happened, then you will never get agreement on an action to stop global warming by the whole world, thats assuming there is an action we can take. As for taxes in the name of carbon emissions, this is just a means of filling the coffers, so they go around the world firing of rockets in various countries in the name of peace. How much carbon do these rockets produce? just my threepenny worth regards KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18 That was climate change which never stops. I don't think anyone disputes Climate Change, as far as I am concerned it will continue until the next big bang. The clean air act is another thing again and people who go over the stipulated smog limits should be fined, not taxed before it happens. A tax will not stop the big polluters in fact just the opposite it will give them Carte Blanche to go ahead and pollute ad lib. Cheers John Sabourn

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast